fbpx

Better PMing Alerts

Home Forums Miscellany Community Better PMing Alerts

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

As evil a reputation as popups have, I honestly really loved them on the old forum. They were the exception that proved the rule!

Whenever I logged in, or if I came to the site already logged in, a small popup told me I had a PM.

There was a link in the popup to your inbox so you could check it right then, or just close it and check later. I liked those.

Does the new forum coding allow that kind of stuff? And did any of you other guys like the popup notification too?

I’ve hinted at this before, but I will be super blunt!
      Our new forum (and entire site) is a mess of weird, confusing programming that is not widely used and is not well suited to making special custom things like pop-up alerts. It is wildly frustrating and makes me and some of the other folks that deal with it want to scream.

In short: (personal opinion only, does not represent the company) The software that runs the windstone site is stupid and smelly and I want to kick it. And I’m not even involved in the back-end stuff!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Amy
      Participant

Why did you guys switch over to a new forum system if it’s “worse”?

Kiya
        Participant

I think one of the big advantages was allowing them to use a single platform for everything (and single sign on).

This all happened before my time, but to my understanding the forum and store used to require separate log-ins. Having things on the same platform allows for better consolidation of the two types of accounts and was supposed to make it easier. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pam

I think one of the big advantages was allowing them to use a single platform for everything (and single sign on).

This all happened before my time, but to my understanding the forum and store used to require separate log-ins. Having things on the same platform allows for better consolidation of the two types of accounts and was supposed to make it easier. ๐Ÿ™‚

Key word.. “supposed”

Kiya
            Participant

Key word.. “supposed”

The intentions were good!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.