fbpx

Bad Weather Alerts

Home Forums Miscellany Community Bad Weather Alerts

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Midwest folks, be CAREFUL today! YIKES! (see maps in first post)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
      Participant

Here in central Ky I’m in the middle of that bullseye. Sirens have been going off all afternoon, and schools were dismissed early. Mostly prepping and battening down the hatches.

Oh my! Do you folks have a basement??

Sorry, missed this from when the weather was hitting us! We actually live in a split level home…so…kinda? Half of our bottom floor is partially underground. Not a true basement per-se, but better than nothing!

As it was…all we really saw was some hail and insane storms. A couple of tornadoes formed in our area (one over the school where I work in fact!) but none of them touched down, so no harm was done.

Many folks dealt with much worse.

Carolyn
        Participant

I’m not going to worry about it . What happens happens . Boy storms use to freak me out bad . Not any more .

Jennifer
          Keymaster

It’s true, freaking out doesn’t do any good. Nature will damage what it will, and nothing we do can stop it. But being alert and aware can save your life, and others. The more warning you have to get to shelter, the better.

These storms are very serious and I really hope that everyone stays safe!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

LadyFirebird
            Participant

Out here on the Westcoast–we got heavy rain and some thunder and lightening. I’m weird but I love rainy days–especially if I don’t have to go out in it. I get scared of the high winds–had a fence blow down a few years back–having wind damage is no fun.

Carolyn
              Participant

High wind warning here today . At least it’s not cold here .

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.