fbpx

Bad Weather Alerts

Home Forums Miscellany Community Bad Weather Alerts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

So, I was thinking. My normal routine in the morning is to check a bunch of sites.. this one included, before doing much else. Now, I keep an eye on the weather because I’m a bit of a weather/earth science nerd, BUT I know that not everyone is. A lot of us have the habit of checking out our favorite places online before anything else.

So, what I am thinking, is that on days when there is dangerous weather, we can post it here. Because… okay, admit it, some of you check this site first thing, don’t you?

Anyhow, there is some serious weather going on in the next few days, with bad thunderstorms and possible tornado outbreaks! Be safe!

http://www.spc.ncep.noaa.gov/

Right click -> “view image” to see them full size

Chance of severe weather over the next 24 hours:

Chance of Tornadoes over the next 24 hours:

Chance of severe weather over the next two days:

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
      Participant

In the Toronto area, they’re calling for high winds… now I know why!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Susie
        Keymaster

Thank you Jennifer – I will find this helpful! And this bad weather alert is near my daughter – so I’ve passed it along already.

Carolyn
          Participant

I know about that already . I’m in uppper IL . Scary what happened last week . I think it was last week . Bad memory . Rainning here .
            Snowing now .

Rusti
            Participant

Harrisburg escaped this time. No more significant damage in Southern Illinois (except I lost my fries to a wet drive thru bag dashing madly for the door at lunch).

It’s all moving east now, almost along the Ohio river, so buckle down and stay safe if you’re east of here!

Setsunawolf
              Participant

I fly out of Indy tomorrow to Florida. So I go from slight bad weather to moderate bad weather and then into the sky….oh yeah.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Carolyn
                Participant

Big fluffy snowflakes are dancing on the wind .
                  Last night I read the story about the hospital in Harrisburg on how it was stuck by the tornado . No one was killed but it was a scary story . 15 minutes to get the patients to the halls then the ceiling began waving and a nurse who was trying to help a patient out of his room to the hall and they were both thrown 20 feet as the tornado hit .
                  Yet the hospital was up and ready in an undamaged part of the hospital to help any victims who came in . That was an amazing story .

Purplecat
                  Participant

Here in central Ky I’m in the middle of that bullseye. Sirens have been going off all afternoon, and schools were dismissed early. Mostly prepping and battening down the hatches.

Carolyn
                    Participant

I was looking at pics of the storms . A man hugging his dog next to his destroyed house . Makes me think of last year when a woman who lost everything was talking to a film crew about her 3 cats . How she had found 2 of them and how worried about the missing cat . That her cats meant more to her then all her possessions . Then up walks her missing cat like nothing happened .
                      Small blessings in times of trouble as truly wonderful .

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Its the time of year for crazy to begin! Thankfully in Colorado we’re still mostly winter prone.. have a lil while before tornados become a real threat.. the only thing I hate about living in the country! >.<
                        But thunderstorms I'll be chasing after this summer to get me some hopefully awesome lightning photos.. finally started figuring out the best way to photograph lightning last year at the end of the storm season, lol.. so I've been anxiously waiting for my lightning to return!

Carolyn
                        Participant

There are pics of towns that are gone now and people who were killed in different states . Crazy warm winter and storms now . I just can’t look without wanting to cry .

KaytanaPhoenix
                          Participant

There are pics of towns that are gone now and people who were killed in different states . Crazy warm winter and storms now . I just can’t look without wanting to cry .

I’m with you on that. My heart wrenches anytime I see those stories!

Is it just me or does it seem like the weather is really getting crazy over the past few years? Or have I just been getting more aware of it?

Carolyn
                            Participant

New story of a baby found alive in damage of a house . I didn’t read it . Even the happy ones are just overwhelming .

Last winter was so cold and lots of snow . Summer was hot as blazes . I really haven’t been complaining about the winter like I did about the hot summer . Heat drives me nuts .
                              I’m not sure if things are changing . I think the weather comes in cycles . I can remember many warm winters like this and nasty cold ones too . Mild summers too and one so deadly in the late 90’s that Killed over 500 in Chicago .
                              So who knows . You can read anything into any of it if you want . I just think it’s just normal .
                              This area has had bad storms before this .

Melody
                              Keymaster

Here in central Ky I’m in the middle of that bullseye. Sirens have been going off all afternoon, and schools were dismissed early. Mostly prepping and battening down the hatches.

Oh my! Do you folks have a basement??

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

Updated maps, might be a nasty weekend for some! Be careful out there!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.