fbpx

AUUUUUGGGGHHH

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone AUUUUUGGGGHHH

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

The auction was for three dragons: Green Male, Green Mother and Green Hatchling.

Leigha
      Participant

I bought the set. Male, Mother, Baby

I asked the seller to ship the male and mother seperately, so that they wouldn’t bang against each other and destroy each other, and to put the baby in with the mother though seperately bubblewrapped.

you know, I was noticing something else…she used the free priority mail box, yet shipped it Parcel Post. I have had sellers do that in the past and I have been charged Postage Due! 👿

Leigha
        Participant

well in this case, if she had simply used the box as Priority, not only would it have gotten here FASTER, it would have been CHEAPER as well….people are just…yeah…

Zelda
          Participant

Are you sure she shipped via Parcel Post? It says Priority Mail on the mailing label if I’m reading it right. Also, I don’t think they’ll let you use a free Priority Mail box to ship Parcel Post. I should know – I tried to be smart and recycle a used free Priority box by turning it inside out and shipping Parcel Post, and they SENT THE PACKAGE BACK TO ME with a note written across it that I’d have to put it in a different box! Kinda silly especially if the box had already been used. Oh well.

Anyway, I have to say that the worst damage to a Windstone piece I’ve ever gotten was shipped via Fed Ex, not USPS! That was my poor emperor that had an arm grated off because the bottom of the box had been worn away! Fortunately Fed Ex refunded me with almost no question, and cooperation from the seller. I’ve never been through an insurance claim with USPS, but it seems like they’re not so easy to deal with 🙁

Leigha, best of luck to you with getting that girl fixed up! She’s a pretty one.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Leigha
            Participant

I’m sure it’s parcel post. It says Parcel post across the top of the mailing paper taped to the box. That paper with the barcode on it.

I tried to use a priority box once too and they wouldn’t let me, I had to repackage it in another box. I’m surprised they let this woman use this particular box as well. Strange.

Maria
              Participant

What a nuisance, Leigha. I’m sorry. 😡

Lokie
                Participant

49ER wrote:

you know, I was noticing something else…she used the free priority mail box, yet shipped it Parcel Post. I have had sellers do that in the past and I have been charged Postage Due! 👿

That’s messed up. They should tell/charge the sender that upfront so there are no surprise fees.

Zelda wrote:

Are you sure she shipped via Parcel Post? It says Priority Mail on the mailing label if I’m reading it right. Also, I don’t think they’ll let you use a free Priority Mail box to ship Parcel Post. I should know – I tried to be smart and recycle a used free Priority box by turning it inside out and shipping Parcel Post, and they SENT THE PACKAGE BACK TO ME with a note written across it that I’d have to put it in a different box! Kinda silly especially if the box had already been used. Oh well.

Really good to know about the sending back scenario. I have tons of the smaller Priority flat rate boxes that I’ve turned inside out whether I’m using them for USPS or UPS. A friend ordered 10 for his store, but then delivered 100, so I offered to take some. I never considered they’d send my boxes back if I sent one parcel.

Sbianchi
                  Participant

I’m sorry about your dragon Leigha, I hope you can get her fixed with Kyrin or someone and I
                    hope you have better luck with the male when you get him!

Bodine
                    Participant

I am so sorry Leigha.We all understand how that hurts and makes you mad 😥 She is not a total loss:D

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Leigha wrote:

I’m sure it’s parcel post. It says Parcel post across the top of the mailing paper taped to the box. That paper with the barcode on it.

I tried to use a priority box once too and they wouldn’t let me, I had to repackage it in another box. I’m surprised they let this woman use this particular box as well. Strange.
                      Same for me…But I think once in a while if you have a particularly LAZY postal worker one slips through. And to have paid double… 😡 I’m sorry Leigha. *hugs*

Leigha
                      Participant

Thanks everyone.
                        I got a response from the seller, she actually said “I used as much bubble wrap as I could & shook the box before taking it to be mailed to make sure everything in the box was tightly secured to prevent this from happening, and it was.” … There is no way she actually shook the box and DIDN’T feel it moving around…come on now…one layer of small bubble wrap was as much as she could use? 🙄

She seems like she is willing to work with me on it though, so when the male comes, we’ll see how broken he is and I’ll decide from there.

Make her repay you what it will take to fix her, I’ll get you a formal estimate on letterhead.

That is inexcusable.

Kyrin

Leigha
                        Participant

Thanks Kyrin, I’m waiting to see if the male comes damaged and I’ll add the two together.

I don’t know why they didn’t both come on the same day, she said they were sent out the same day. The tracking hasn’t changed either.

If she sent it parcel post, it could be 10 states away heading back by now. I got a huge box of James Patterson books from someone is Utah. They went right past me (IL), all the way to Pennsylvania and then came back to me. It was funny to watch the tracking go crazy. Darn parcel post. The books were ok, but the box had the holy poo knocked out of it. :negative:
                          If you have someone you know can pack Windstones like a wiz, one that double boxes (And not one box directly inside the other…I’ve seen this. Amusing if the piece isn’t broken.) and stuffs peanuts in there till the box buldges, then I personnaly would trust it parcel post. But I still prefer the priority. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.