fbpx

AUUUUUGGGGHHH

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone AUUUUUGGGGHHH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

SO! I bought this listing:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220425968752

I made an agreement with the seller and paid the seller DOUBLE her asking shipping price (18+18!) so that she would safely ship each dragon in a seperate box…smart right? no…

SO FAR I’ve gotten the mother with the baby…and I need to hit something I’m so mad…

USPS FAILS AGAIN- IT SAYS FRAGILE ON EVERY SIDE OF THAT BOX AND ON THE TOP! THAT MEANS DON’T F-ING DROP THE DAMN THING!

SELLER FAIL- the mother had one layer of little bubble wrap around her, the baby was wadded up in a layer of bubble wrap and there was a wad of bubble wrap shoved on top…She also paid 14 dollars for parcel post when she could have paid 10 dollars for Priority mail! WTF (I checked the prices with the weight and zip codes…)

I sent her a pretty pissy email.
      !@*&%#!!!!!

and no, I don’t even think the seller had insurance because I was stupid and didn’t demand it….fml

Leigha
      Participant

that’s got to be one of the worst packing jobs I’ve ever seen. I’d think for what you paid, she should have double boxed them. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

That really sucks – I’m so sorry your momma dragon got damaged ๐Ÿ™ . Some sellers can be so thoughtless and sneaky – not to mention the fact that the Post Office absolutely failed ๐Ÿ˜ก !

Nicole
          Participant

Wow that sucks! I know just how agravated you feel. On the bright side though that chip(big chip) wouldn’t be too hard for someone expecienced to fix. She’s still a lovely mother. I hope you have better luck with the male’s package.

Stephanie
            Participant

*hugs*!

Leigha
              Participant

I’m not experienced with fixing major things. The auction said she had a chip on her tail, which I was going to try to fix myself since it didn’t seem too difficult a thing to do…but a huge chunk of wing? the detail in that…>_<

I feel like throwing it against the cement…it would be intensly satisfying for about 5 seconds…

Kyrin could make her as good as new again

Karasgolddragon
                Participant

It seems to me for what you paid for shipping she SHOULD have taken it and had it professionally packaged. Had that been done, they should have been able to come all in one box, but they would have been well concooned from damage. You should consider asking for professional packing.

Beth

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

I’m so sorry your dragon came so damaged! Don’t throw it down–it can be repaired. I know a lot of these UPS stores will correctly package and ship an item for you. Maybe you could request the seller to do that next time. From what I understand, if the shipping store packages it and ships it and it is damaged, they are responsible! I’ve also been told that even with insurance, if they see that it wasn’t packaged properly, they will deny the claim. Haven’t had this experience, but someone told me this. I know that has to be so disappointing! Looks like a job for Kyrin!

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

I’m sorry Leigha; we see these stories on too regular of a basis. Please consider shipping her to Dr. Kyrin for repairs. And I hope the male comes in better shape.

Syn
                      Participant

The USPS not only drops packages; they throw packages. I have seen them do it. If they do that in front of customers, what do they do when we cannot see them? Possibly the other carriers do also, but it is the USPS that I have actually seen doing it. ๐Ÿ˜ก On the other hand, it is UPS that has delivered my packages to the wrong address. Twice! To be fair, though, I think it would have been a miracle if your dragons had arrived intact after hearing and seeing how they were packed. People seem to think that something that is heavy is not fragile. I certainly hope you have better luck with the Male.

Ladyfirebird is right about the insurance. I have had at least 4 packages’s insurance claims turned down due to bad packing by the seller, especially the wizard wrapped in a teeshirt with 4 small hard pieces of styrofoam packed in one too-small box! (the seller said that the packing was “more than adequate” (!!!) ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ The post office refused all the claims saying that the damage was not their fault because the packing was so bad. So I filed disputes with paypal on all of them and won all the disputes due to the packing. The wizard had been split down the middle, and was in 7 pieces! I won the dispute and got to keep the piece too. So insurance is only good if the carrier does the damage, and bad packing is no excuse!
                        I suggest that if you paid by paypal, file a dispute, either you want a full refund ( you may have to send the pieces back) or negotiate a partial refund, enough to pay for the repairs and keep the pieces. If you win the dispute or you don’t hear at all from them, you get to keep the piece and paypal will refund you up to $200 depending on the price of the piece, then you can get the pieces repaired by Kyrin and paypal will hit their account, and if there is no money in the account, they will wait until there is some and raid it and give you your money back then. I have had really good luck with paypal!

Christine
                        Participant

I just harass the ebay sellers into double-boxing. Oh, that SUCKS. I’m so sorry. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’m confused–I didn’t see if you also ordered a Male dragon, but I thought that you paid double for the mother and baby to come in 2 separate boxes, and the seller did not comply with your wishes, even though they took a payment to do so. Seems you definitely have a paypal claim that you can file for that right off the bat. It also seems by looking at it, that the box is waay too flat to package that dragon in, that there could not have been enough space to put enough cushioning on the top to protect the wing, even if the seller had wished to do so. That means that just a heavy box being placed on top of that one would have probably been all it would have taken to break that wing. ๐Ÿ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.