fbpx

Autumn Tiger Ki-rin pg. 5

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Autumn Tiger Ki-rin pg. 5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Beautiful!

Jodi
      Participant

Really gorgeous!

Maria
        Participant

Can’t say anything other than what the rest have said. Just plain gorgeous. Please post photos of your PYO collection after these lovelies arrive, mmloda.

Arlla
          Participant

Nuke wrote:

Sorry if I or some one else asked you this before (my memory is poop), but do you paint everything by hand or are those scales air brushed? The coating is just so perfect and smoooth <3

I paint everything by hand. One of these days, I swear, I will get an airbrush and learn how to use it….. until then, it’s my little brushes and lots and lots and lots of layers. ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

Arlla wrote:

Nuke wrote:

Sorry if I or some one else asked you this before (my memory is poop), but do you paint everything by hand or are those scales air brushed? The coating is just so perfect and smoooth <3

I paint everything by hand. One of these days, I swear, I will get an airbrush and learn how to use it….. until then, it’s my little brushes and lots and lots and lots of layers. ^_^

Lol, I feel for ya. I’ve spent 12 hours on my first kirin and have only achieved 3 layers on both scaled sides. I haven’t even started the belly scales or fur X__X It’s frustrating keeping the thinned paint distributing evenly without completely running off the scale you’re working with.

Mmloda
            Participant

I hope these guys get here by Christmas… πŸ˜‰ That would be AWSOME… πŸ™‚

Marzena

Lokie
              Participant

Congrats, Mmloda πŸ™‚ I hope your army of PYO Ki-Rins don’t try to smother you in your sleep πŸ˜›

Mmloda
                Participant

Lokie wrote:

Congrats, Mmloda πŸ™‚ I hope your army of PYO Ki-Rins don’t try to smother you in your sleep πŸ˜›

Thanks πŸ˜† Oh they are all very well behaved…LOL..the Male Ki Rin keeps them in line for me… πŸ˜‰

Marzena

Arlla
                  Participant

This little gal is a commission for laphon1. The original request was for a dragon like the seashell dragon I did a while back, and then it changed to be a mixture of both the seashell dragon and my arowana keeper.
                    I kept her mainly looking like the seashell dragon, but gave her the gold and purple points of the keeper. And just for fun I played with some spots on the wings and freckles on her neck. It’s tough to work with soooo many colors on such a tiny little dragon! It was a challenge. That shiny purple really likes to show up as blue through the camera, but it really is a rich purple on her head, feet and tail, not that periwinkle blue color.
                    She reminds me a little of a day gecko. She looks life sized – like maybe an exotic little pet for a child. I want to put a little golden collar and chain on her.

Hope you like her, laphon1! Let me know if the lavender eyes are still your fav, and we’ll work on a jewel color.

Here are the other eye colors that might work (why does blue go with EVERYTHING?)

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Stephanie
                    Participant

Wow! Beautiful!

laphon1
                      Participant

She takes my breath away! I still like the lavender eyes best. My second choice would be the straw color eyes. I can’t believe she is mine. πŸ˜€ Love the spots and freckles

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

laphon1 wrote:

She takes my breath away! I still like the lavender eyes best. My second choice would be the straw color eyes. I can’t believe she is mine. πŸ˜€ Love the spots and freckles

Straw is nice, but so is the pink! Congrats that’s one pretty dragon.

Mmloda
                          Participant

WOW he is breath taking… πŸ˜‰ I love how all of the colors come together… πŸ™‚

Marzena

Jasmine
                            Participant

Oh, soooo pretty!!!!

Maria
                              Participant

Droooool. Lucky laphon!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.