fbpx

ART CARD SWAP 2 – New Deadline to Mail JANUARY 31

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion ART CARD SWAP 2 – New Deadline to Mail JANUARY 31

Viewing 14 posts - 211 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    pegasus4240
    Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

Sounds like you got the one I was thinking of as a ‘sorceress’, pegasus. ๐Ÿ˜€ I was imagining a band of travelers riding through the woods on a snowy midwinter night. >.>; The archer is the ‘protector’ character and the elf is the ‘scholar’ character. Heehee. *dorka-dorka-dork*

I figured she was a magic user, but better to err on the side of caution. Either way, I have very much enjoyed the swaps and hope to have time to get some drawn for the next. ๐Ÿ™‚

-- Angie

Leigha
      Participant

DragonCat wrote:

Leigha wrote:

Whoever gets him can keep him this way if they like the look of him “sleeping” with his bunny friend ๐Ÿ™‚

I like him either way. ๐Ÿ˜€ I got it yesterday & I especially love the watercolor “dapple” effect.

^^ yay!

Jasmine
        Participant

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if all the cards got scanned before they got sent out. Lovely stuff people!!

Skylover
          Participant

Sorry about getting back to this so late. I got purpleturtle’s cardinal griffin and one of Leigha’s dragons. They’re both awesome!

pegasus4240
            Participant

Any chance there will be another swap soon? ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

-- Angie

maybe. if there is enough interest in doing another one… a lot of people said they wanted to do it last time but dropped out. not sure if it was the timing or what happened.

so what does everyone think? anyone interested?

Anyone interested in doing another Art Card Swap? I’ve saved the details from the last one below (sorry for the old formatting) for reference. Suggestions for theme and deadlines are always welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you all for an amazing swap last time! <3 You are all such talented artists! ๐Ÿ™‚ And now for the next theme……

T H E M E : “A Midwinter’s Night”
              The winter solstice is approaching (a natural event that everyone can relate to, regardless of one’s particular faith), which is the shortest day and longest night of the year. Inspiration can come from the colors of winter, the weather and nature around us at this time of year, festivities, magic and spirit of the season, or however you interpret the theme. It can be as abstract or as literal as you like. You’re the artist and creator here ๐Ÿ™‚

Send by Date: January 31st
              But please let me know if you will be joining in by responding to this thread.

How Many Cards: 1, 2 or 3 (For each one you create, you get one back)

Medium: Any!

How it works…. You will create one, two or three cards (2.5″x3.5″ ONLY) using any medium and style you like, the only requirement is SIZE. Once your cards are complete, PM me for my mailing address and send NO LATER than January 10th. Once I receive cards from everyone who signed up, I will swap them out and you will receive the same number of cards you submitted in return.

Guidelines:
              ON THE BACK of your cards, please include:
              your name/signature and forum name. that way, people who receive your cards will know who created it.
              Anything else is up to you… be creative, that’s what this is all about!
              Any type of paper is allowed, but it always makes for a nicer card if its a bit thicker like cardstock. You can find pre-cut cards at stores like Michaels, Aaron Brothers and other arts and craft supply stores.

Remember:
              Include your return MAILING ADDRESS somewhere other than on your original envelope. It would be nice if it were on a sticky mailing label (that has not been stuck yet) so that all I have to do is stick it onto a new envelope to mail back to you. (I always worry that I can’t read handwriting or I write something wrong!)

P A R T I C I P A N T S :
              twindragonsmum
              pegasus4240
              ghostndragon
              machineguts
              dragoncat
              purpleturtle
              kitsunelady
              Rusti
              Skylover
              Jasmine
              Leigha

bayoudragon
              Participant

I wouldn’t mind joining this time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachel
                Participant

I would like to, but I have to admit that last time I shouldn’t have said I would do it. I didn’t have a whole lot of time and I was seriously lacking creativity/inspiration. It might have been too close to the holidays last time.

Skylover
                  Participant

I’m interested in joining again.

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

Me too!

kitsunelady
                      Participant

I’d do it too. =D But maybe we should have participants submit uh…what do you call it…progress reports? So that people are more motivated to get it done, and get it done on time. =) And maybe keep it to one card at a time (or a set number for all, at any rate), so we can do it more like the PYO swap; each person mails their card( s ) to a randomly chosen participant (who has also proven they finished) after showing their completed card to you at the end. You don’t have to pay postage to all of us in that case, too. That seems to work out pretty well for the PYO swap?

Hannah
                        Participant

I’d love to join in this time ๐Ÿ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Bodine
                          Participant

I would love to join though I do admit,I have never done it.Where do you get the cards,Michael’s?and do you spray them when finished?

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Viewing 14 posts - 211 through 224 (of 224 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.