fbpx

Anyone have an obsessed neighbour?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Anyone have an obsessed neighbour?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Mine’s into lawns. On Friday and today, he mowed his lawn. There’s nothing to cut! Last year, he mowed for the first time on March 31st. His dog’s not allowed to pee everywhere; she had designated spots. And the poor thing’s not a big dog either!

Anywho, we like to make fun of him amongst ourselves. I take great pleasure in imagining his face everytime I have to cut out a patch of grass to plant flowers (the previous owners had not gardening skills and imagination whatsoever) 😈

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
      Participant

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
        Participant

My neighbors seem ok, so far. One particular family is outside all the time, gardening. I think its a little overkill, but at least they are helping instead of hindering.

Oh, funny neighbor story… I went to play poker last night and as I was walking up to the building, I saw the balcony on the 1st floor apt was filled with dog crap and pee. I went to my pals apt on the 4th floor and mentioned the gross neighbors on the 1st floor. THEY WERE THERE!! They were like, “yeah… thats our place…” I am sure I was about to say something not nice when my friend (God bless him) Said, “You let your dog $hit and piss on your balcony?? Thats F-ing gross!” Gotta love him! He took the words right out of my mouth!!

Starbreeze
          Participant

An older retired couple used to live next door to us and they were pretty fanatical about their yard. Not in an obnoxious way or anything. On the contrary, it was kinda cute. They had his and hers lawn mowers and during spring and summer they’d be out there mowing together twice a week. πŸ™‚

Ugh, well there is this great huge church on our block, which also owns the three houses between our house and the church. I don’t have anything against church goers, but these people can be really obnoxious. Every sunday, and at least a couple days a week (they don’t hold services on weekdays, so I don’t know why there are so many people there) they take up all the parking spaces in our whole neighborhood. Sometimes they park on both sides of the street, regardless of the no parking signs. On sundays they have a bus service that runs from a parkinglot some where to the church, but I have never actually seen any people on the buses. I think they are all too snoby to take a bus anywhere! Sometimes they even park in our driveways! 😑
            They wanted to buy up all the houses on our block, tear them down, and expand there church. I have no idea why, because the current one is HUGE! But they have run into some difficulties with the zoneing, so I don’t think they can go through with that idea.

In the summer my neighbors have partys atleast twice a week, these parties involve a lot of beer most of the time. At around 1:00am we are usually awakened by loud screaming from our drunk neighbors. The parties usually go from mid-afternoon to the next morning. I don’t mind the parties, but I do mind the screaming at 1am, I usually scream back “shut the hell up, we’re trying to sleep” and then they will scream something random back at me!

Megan
            Participant

There is this man that moved in down the street from us a few years ago. Apparently he is a professional jerk. It’s what he does for a living, don’t you know. Well, the first thing he did when he moved in was buy the six or so acres of free land at the end of our little dead-end street. That wouldn’t have been a big deal, but he immediately threw up a thousand “no trespassing” signs and called the cops on a bunch of the neighbor kids in under a week. None of the kids was older than ten.

This six acres was where all the kids in the neighborhood went to play. They played there all the time. They had a baseball diamond back there, they’d drive their go-karts there, there was a good sized pond where we would fish, and some woods run onto it. Kids love woods.

Of course all the parents got together to talk to this guy, very nicely, and ask if the kids could still play back there if they didn’t ride their go-karts and make a lot of noise. The answer was of course a big fat rude “No way in heck.” We were informed that he didn’t care what we used to do back there, it was now private property and we were to keep the… Hades off of it or he’d call the cops.

So now he’s murdered our little patch of land, cut down all the reeds and bushes and it looks like a golf course. The deer of course are gone and I’ve not seen a heron since. I can’t blame them, all their natural habitat has been butchered in favor of a stupid cement bench by the water and a forest of rude signs. We later learned (when the neighbors tried to go in together and buy the land from him) that he’d gotten a huge discount because he knows someone at the courthouse. They gave him the “useless” land cheap. The smug look on his face was unbearable.

What kills me is the whole neighborhood has always been a really solid community, all the families have known each other forever, and this guy just slams his way in without even the pretense of getting to know anyone before he begins to be a complete ass. I just hope what goes around comes around… bad karma to you, rude neighbors, bad karma!!!

Maria
              Participant

Ugh, that must stink, Megani. He’s got it coming. I just wonder how. I hope for your sake it’s soon!

I think we would be the odd people, one week dad brings his little boat home and parks it in the drive the next he brings his plane home in the trailor and puts it in the drive and the week after that he brings half of his yacht home on his roof rack πŸ˜•

Maria
                Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† At least that doesn’t bother anybody else. Does it?

Jodi
                  Participant

We have a neighbor who moved in last summer and he has a limo that he likes to park in his driveway in the alley. That’s not a big deal except that getting it in there in the right position takes forever and blocks the alley for at least a half an hour. Sometimes he just leaves it in the alley while he runs into the house and eats lunch and watches soap operas (ok, I don’t really know what he’s doing, but it’s hours). Like nobody else needs to use the alley. Sometimes he parks it on the street in front of his house, which would be okay except that every other vehicle that the family owns is already parked there, so that the cars and the limo take up almost the entire block on one side, and part of the other (he must have 5 teenagers and they all have cars). So nobody else can park there. And he’s always having someone there with a moving truck to pick up and drop off a grill or a golf cart ( 😯 ) or something else.

We have another one across the street who drives truck and he sometimes brings it home with the trailer still attached and backs it into his driveway to which he has access from the street (not an alley). That would be okay except he has to point the cab right at our bedroom window to get the right angle (with the headlights on, at night). So that’s annoying.

However, both of them are so much better than the meth dealer who ran a daycare there. She got arrested and is gone now. Our neighbors seem like heroes comparatively. πŸ˜€

No, no one seems to mind our mad house πŸ˜€

That sounds annoying emerald! 😯 I had an annoying person who used to leave a floodlight on at night and it used to shine right into my WINDOW AHHHHHH!!!! Ide go mad i hate lights at night. I was really shy and didn’t want to tell him off because he is huge and i thought he would tell me to get lost or something silly lol. I got so annoyed one day i stormed accross and said hi and asked him if he could keep it off 10,30pm onwards as it was keeping me awake and he was really nice! πŸ˜€ Not once has he had it on so late im glad i asked him nicely.

I use to have annoying neighbors who would have parties every week sometimes 2-3 times a week. The people would leave their beer cans and bottles on my property. They would take all of the parking on the road. They moved and cops moved in their house. I have a cop that lives behind us, and cop that lives kiddie corner and a cop that lives about a block away. Generally our neighborhood is quiet.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

I’m temporarily living with my inlaws, and while the neighbors aren’t bad, they are so snobby and competitive. My inlaws live in one of those house communities where you can’t have an ‘unsightly’ yard, or a clothesline, or anything. They yell at you if your grass is cut the wrong way or if your mulch looks ‘old’. It’s really petty. The worst is that as soon as one of the neighbors gets something, everyone else ‘has’ to as well. The neighbor across the way got those outside accent lights that shine on the front of the house, and trees, and driveway to light it up at night. I thought “how egotistical! And a waste of electric, not to mention more light pollution”. Before I knew it, everyone had the stupid things on their house. Things like that. Status and image are very overrated, and these sorts of people wouldn’t see the forest in spite of the trees. I suppose it’s even more infuriating to me because I’m doing all I can to save up so I can afford a small, humble place (where I don’t care if I have weeds in my lawn!). πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

wolflodge100
                      Participant

My neighbors son comes over with his friends and play the drums VERY BADLY as loud as they can. The drums are in the bedroom which is directly across from mine about 20 feet away πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.