fbpx

Any big expectations for the new year?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Any big expectations for the new year?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Bob

I was thinking about joining weight watchers. I need to learn how to eat right. I girl I work with has lost over 100 pounds with them and working out

Dragon Master wrote:

I was thinking about joining weight watchers. I need to learn how to eat right. I girl I work with has lost over 100 pounds with them and working out

Wow, that’s great! I heard from some other people who had good results with them too. But one person I know lost ~70 lbs. and ended up gaining it all back…so the key is changing your lifestyle and eating habits…

Bob

you have to make a permanent change that is the key

Yeah…that’s the hard part…

Bob

you also have to keep exercising

Definitely…and that might be the hardest part of all, because things are always coming up. I guess the key thing is that you have to set aside a time for exercise and stick to it, no matter what.

Starbreeze
          Participant

Looks like we’re all in the same boat. I’d like to lose another 10-15 lbs. Cutting out in-between-meal snacks is working for me. I also make a habit of using the stairs at work instead of the elevator. Another idea, is use coffee break time to take a walk. These are little things I’ve been doing and it helps. I’m afraid I’m not one for going to the gym or anything like that. I’d rather spend my time on the forum. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Oooooh, erm, I’d LOVE to lose between 50 and 65 lbs. I need to join our local gym (indoor swimming pool- can do laps!!) and it’s only $96 a year!! And the not eating sugars thing …I do so poorly at that πŸ™ But alas- I WILL try.

Lose weight,
            pay off credit cards,
            Save money

Those are MY resolutions!

Starbreeze
            Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

Oooooh, erm, I’d LOVE to lose between 50 and 65 lbs. I need to join our local gym (indoor swimming pool- can do laps!!) and it’s only $96 a year!! And the not eating sugars thing …I do so poorly at that πŸ™ But alas- I WILL try.

Lose weight,
              pay off credit cards,
              Save money

Those are MY resolutions!

In addition to the dieting, your other two resolutions are ones I should make too. We’re all in this together. πŸ˜₯

Maria
              Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

And the not eating sugars thing …I do so poorly at that πŸ™ But alas- I WILL try.

But not before your chocolates arrive, right?

Bob

My gym by work has an indoor junior olympic swimming pool and I think it’s heated, I think since it’s been so long since I have been there. I’m packing up the gym bag today and heading back tomorrow night. It would be today but I’m heading to my mom’s and it would be a zoo today since most people are not working to day and it’s the most common New Years Resolution to get back to the gym but that resolution only seems to last a week or so.

Jodi
                  Participant

Ski, what business card holder are you looking for? If it’s the Windstone one with the gargoyle foot or the Forms of the Feminine Spirit one, PM me. I can get you one.

Skigod377
                    Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Ski, what business card holder are you looking for? If it’s the Windstone one with the gargoyle foot or the Forms of the Feminine Spirit one, PM me. I can get you one.

Im bidding on a foot right now, though I hope to get the one that is ending sooner that just says, “Windstone Editions.” I really like that one. Do you have one of those?

Jodi
                      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Im bidding on a foot right now, though I hope to get the one that is ending sooner that just says, “Windstone Editions.” I really like that one. Do you have one of those?

I don’t have one of those. Sorry. I wouldn’t mind one of those either.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

CherylKaufman wrote:

And the not eating sugars thing …I do so poorly at that πŸ™ But alas- I WILL try.

But not before your chocolates arrive, right?

EeeeGads no!! Not before the chocolate arrives! I meant regular candy- not special foods sent to me by forum members!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.