fbpx

Another one for John

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Another one for John

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

I agree. That has to be the OLD green young dragon that was repainted. To bad now that it is so hard to find. ๐Ÿ™

Nam, I asked the seller with the purple dragon to send me pictures of the bottom. It is definitly a casting from another windstone dragon…so now we know it is not the original under there. I did not tell him it was a fake however. So he still ignores this.

wolflodge100
      Participant

I sent it to John.

Jodi
        Participant

I saw that too, but I didn’t really think about it or I would have realized that it should have red eyes and red stones. I questioned it for a minute, but I was busy, so it didn’t sink in. Good catch!

Stephanie
          Participant

Just a question here but if that purple dragon isn’t a windstone original…. should it be taken off of ebay by now or is there nothing that they can do about it??? โ“ It is still on there. And the gold repaint is still there….

Just wondering… because I have no idea how everything works! ๐Ÿ˜•

Jodi
            Participant

No, it won’t be taken down. If John things he can have a case against the people (the makers of the fakes or the repainters), he will try to buy it and pursue legal action. This is why we shouldn’t bid on it or warn the seller. He will probably ask them some questions first, so it’s best if we just stay out of it. He knows what he’s doing.

Stephanie
              Participant

emerald212 wrote:

No, it won’t be taken down. If John things he can have a case against the people (the makers of the fakes or the repainters), he will try to buy it and pursue legal action. This is why we shouldn’t bid on it or warn the seller. He will probably ask them some questions first, so it’s best if we just stay out of it. He knows what he’s doing.

That makes total since! I was just wondering since both pieces are still up at ebay. I thought that they would have been takin down or something.

Jodi
                Participant

It could be that John has decided not to pursue it. Maybe the person selling it isn’t the person who make the fake or repainted the gold one. Who knows. ๐Ÿ˜€

BDW
                  Participant

Do any of you know who the bidder is that just bid on it? Is it a forum member? Is he or she bidding for John?
                    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270174495083

Jasmine
                    Participant

I don’t know but I certainly wouldn’t bid on that hideous thing…of course now I’m biased since Windstones are top of the line.

Stephanie
                      Participant

Wow! Someone bid on it? I still can’t believe that people would make a mold of the young dragon and make “knockoffs” of the original. I don’t understand it!

John
                        Keymaster

wolflodge100 wrote:

I sent it to John.

I didn’t act on this one because we were out of town and we have already gone after the source once before. I think it is an old piece, but I will usually have something like this removed from Ebay anyway. Thanks.

Maria
                          Participant

Serpent_Nirvana isn’t a name I recognize. I don’t think it’s a forum member.

BDW
                            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Serpent_Nirvana isn’t a name I recognize. I don’t think it’s a forum member.

I was thinking about Nirvanacat, but I don’t think a member would bid on it.

Arlla
                              Participant

Uggh. ๐Ÿ˜•

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cat-Gargoyle-Garden-Yard-Statue-Art-Concrete-Sculpture_W0QQitemZ110181813580QQihZ001QQcategoryZ75596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                                -J R R Tolkien

Jasmine
                                Participant

I like this comment on it:

“As a copyrighted piece, you won’t find this one just anywhere!”

Yeah, copyrighted, but not by you!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.