A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

It is possibly the one from bluepony78 as there is a date of 6-07 on the bottom.

The dappled grey was done by Brianne M. Sifert in Oct. 2008. She is/was on the forum and if I remember correctly did the unicorn using pastels. I just can’t remember her forum name. I can’t remember if I commissioned it or bought it after she finished it and put it up for sale.

Both of them for now are in their forever home.

Brianne is Siberakh (hope I didn’t butcher the name).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

You got it, siberakh1 is her forum name. She doesn’t post much but she is still a lurker. She’s around. ^_^ She does lovely work time permitting. I have a red Husky she did for me on a PYO wolf.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

The PYO unicorn by Jessica (not Joseph) Frye arrived yesterday and is getting acquainted with some of my other unicorns. I feel like the painter is a forum member or a former forum member because I vaguely remember the name from somewhere.

I have been going through early Forum messages – very interesting. According to an old list of birthdays, the official Forum birthday is June 30, 2006.

DDVM commissioned a Clydesdale unicorn from bluepony78. It seems likely this is the same unicorn. Quoting a message from bluepony78 (dated July 1, 2007, unfortunately the accompanying photo has disappeared):

“ddvm- Clydesdale markings, blaze, 4 socks, purple and green jewels. Sorry she has no horn, my camera battery was dying, and I wanted to get a picture taken before it did dye, and I will retake it if you want to see the horn (it’ll be shipped unattached…)”

The green jewels were added by me. The PYO was a little roughed up so I touched up the paint rubs, sealed it, and reattached the horn… just basically did a quick finish job at the buyers request so I’m not 100% sure if that’s the one by bluepony… the green bits were already painted on though so it also could be… so long ago it’s probably impossible to know for sure.

In other news I updated the ad again today. Very minor stuff, basically just cleaned it up. I did some repairs on the youngs with the broken horns so they’re more adoptable. I probably won’t repair the white coiled or mother coiled so I can be pretty lenient with pricing on those two if someone is looking for a little damaged dragon for work display or something like that. I donated a piece of mine to the lot as well… well, it was donated to me and I didn’t feel right selling it for a profit and I have no real room for it so I donated it to the collection. A Mother griffin gargoyle. It has a ding in the beak I will fix up before sale if anyone is interested.

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I meant to mention after having the name bluepony78 turn up, I checked the pyo gallery. While the uni wasn’t in the gallery, other pyos by bluepony78 were and she included her name on the photos as Jessica Frye. So it’s highly likely this is the one ddvm commissioned (as it fits so much of the description). I can only guess that the original purple and green jewels added fell off over the years. Thank you again for touching things up with her before sending her to join my herd.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

No problem at all. I’m glad she found a happy home. ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

siberakh1
              Participant

The PYO unicorn by Jessica (not Joseph) Frye arrived yesterday and is getting acquainted with some of my other unicorns. I feel like the painter is a forum member or a former forum member because I vaguely remember the name from somewhere.

It is possibly the one from bluepony78 as there is a date of 6-07 on the bottom.

The dappled grey was done by Brianne M. Sifert in Oct. 2008. She is/was on the forum and if I remember correctly did the unicorn using pastels. I just can’t remember her forum name. I can’t remember if I commissioned it or bought it after she finished it and put it up for sale.

Both of them for now are in their forever home.

That is correct! I ‘painted’ the dapple grey almost entirely with chalk pastel powders. The red stones in the mane and tail are actual, very teeny tiny, rubies.

I’m around, just not terribly talkative. 🙂 The last year or two proved to be exceptionally hard on a personal level, but things have definitely improved.

Oh, and since someone mentioned pieces from the collection not from this sale, I also own the Crocus fledge, painted by Jennifer Miller (Nambroth) from ddvm’s collection, purchased a few years back (not for sale).

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

SO I have some news… PLEASE before you message me READ THIS ENTIRE POST

LOL Don’t blow up my inbox okay? So as some may have read in another thread there were a decent amount of missing items from what I was supposed to receive from ddvm’s collection. There was a falling out within the family and someone had possession of part of the collection (in expectation that they would begin selling it) when that project was abandoned. While I did locate SOME items that apparently were sold, many of them were still MIA. Well some of those missing boxes were recovered. The family member who had them apparently dropped them off on ddvm’s sister’s doorstep on or around Xmas with no warning or explanation.

I will be selling these pieces in the same style as before once I have them. I do not know what is there and I do not know the condition they are in. No date has yet been set as to when I will have the pieces in hand but it will probably be within the next few weeks. We want them to sit for a few weeks to “quarantine” for basic safety and I will have them at some point later in the month.

Also! The bigger news! We THINK the missing COAs are in these boxes that were received for some of the previously sold items. I have kept precise records of who bought what so if the COA is recovered I will be in touch to verify that.

So the answer right now is NO, I do not have them yet and can confirm nothing at this moment. I will keep you all updated as the situation progresses and I get items and paperwork in hand to confirm for sure what is actually there.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

etruscan
                  Participant

But Mandy … we want to pester you now! *pout*
                    Seriously, that is great news. 🙂 We certainly appreciate your continuing to handle all this!

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

Jumping up and down. I have some of that collection that I bought years ago (not from you). If the COAs turn up can I message you about them? I have a very old message from that original seller indicating he had some COAs but he never confirmed if he had the ones belonging to my pieces. I just assumed he didn’t and let it go.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodancia
                      Participant

Wow! This is great! I will be happy to receive some COA’s, but also looking forward to any new pieces that turn up. Thank you DragonFeathers!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

I am not involved at all but I just wanted to thank you again drag0n, for taking all this on despite the headache it can be to manage all of it, you’ve gone above and beyond to help ddvm’s family, collectors, and honor ddvm’s memory by helping get her pieces into loving homes. I did something similar for the family of someone that passed, on a much, much smaller scale, many years ago now, and that alone was a lot of work. You’ve really been a great person to our community.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

I am not involved at all but I just wanted to thank you again drag0n, for taking all this on despite the headache it can be to manage all of it, you’ve gone above and beyond to help ddvm’s family, collectors, and honor ddvm’s memory by helping get her pieces into loving homes. I did something similar for the family of someone that passed, on a much, much smaller scale, many years ago now, and that alone was a lot of work. You’ve really been a great person to our community.

I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you so much for doing this, drag0n. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Awe thank you so much Jennifer! Thank means so much. You’re all gonna make me cry <3

I’ll be happy to go through everything and if I find COAs that belong to pieces sold long ago I’ll certainly post looking for the owners of the pieces currently.

Still no idea what to expect. I was told it was just a few boxes so it still doesn’t sound like they’re all there. I have no idea what to expect. I’m excited to see the paperwork she found mostly. If I can find COAs for everyone I’ll be super excited.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ann Marie
                              Participant

This is great news on both counts. Thanks again for everything you’ve done with this collection!

Magentas-Cat

Nightcrow
                                Participant

Wow, what news! I’m sure everyone with these great pieces is excited to hear the COAs might have been found.

Drag0nfeathers, you have done such an amazing and patient job sorting all this out; I’m sure ddvm and the family appreciate it, but I know that I and everyone here on the forums does, too! There might not be enough appreciation possible for all the work you’ve put into this. Thank you for working so hard to help ddvm’s Windstones reach collections who will love and cherish them!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 463 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.