A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Hey gang,

I am posting this thread as an announcement/discussion about a situation I helping out with. Without getting into to many details because the subject is a sensitive matter, I have been selected to help out with selling a collection a family has inherited and do not wish to keep. (at least not the majority of it)

Some folks who have been here for a long time may already know who’s collection this is from the items I’ve already posted in the Classifieds Announcement here

https://windstoneeditions.com/members/drag0nfeathers/listings/view/4508/attention-this-might-be-pretty-important-for-collectors-attention/

I ask in kind regards for the family members that we not get into too many details about it for their personal privacy, but for those who are newer to the community and may not know, the items belong to a forum member who is sadly no longer with us. You are welcome to PM me if there is something prudent you need to know, but rest assured this has all gone past Susie and the folks at Windstone already. This was a legitimate collector and the collection is well maintained.

How this is going to work:

I have received a extensive list of items in this collection. There are production/limited production/and ebay pieces all within this collection. I am not divulging the list in its entirety until I confirm the pieces are accounted for and in sound condition. If there is something you are looking for you may message me, but I cannot confirm the item will be available until I physically see it in person. From what I have been told family members have picked through several items prior so I’m not sure everything is 100% accounted for. Also note, nothing in this collection will be from recent ebay auctions or Windstone releases. The last purchases for this collector were roughly at least 7 years ago.

I am going to drive to pick up this items by the car load, bit by bit, inspect them, photograph them, list and sell them for the family as they have no knowledge of Windstones in general and have had a lot of difficulty researching such a massive amount of pieces, especially since many of them are from ebay spanning 2007 to 2012. The collection is 300+ items. This will be a long and ongoing process so please have patience with me.

NONE OF THESE ITEMS WILL HAVE CERTIFICATES OF AUTHENTICITY as they have all been lost and have not been recovered up until this point. Some items have boxes, some don’t. Conditions will be made known to buyers before committing to buy of course.

I will also be responsible for packing and shipping pieces so no need to worry about sellers who don’t know how to properly package. For items such as Emperors, we may need to borrow/loan boxes, but most items seem to have boxes. It’s mostly production stuff that seems to be without.

Payments will be made to the family of the owner of the collection via Paypal and shipping so far is up in the air. It may need to be paid to me in a separate invoice, but for now it will be paid to the same Paypal. I have a Preloaded Visa card to get the ball rolling that I have been provided to ship pieces out since I will be doing the legwork of shipping and packaging.

Anyway I wanted to get the word out about the whole thing. I made my first run to the storage facility yesterday and will officially begin selling these items after the weekend.

If you have any questions, concerns, or even suggestions please feel free to reach out to me. Thanks everyone. I hope to unite some members with long standing grails they may have been seeking <3

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LZ
      Participant

Would love to see pics of the OOAK stuff, if only for admiring and education.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

pipsxlch
        Participant

If this is what I think it is, this member passed before many of our current members were around. But guys, this is a really nice collection if so, with some great pieces. It’ll be worth checking out even if you’re not really in the market.

Fortunately for me if so (since not really in the budget atm), I don’t think they had anything grail for me, but they had some other people’s grails as I remember.

etruscan
          Participant

Wow, what a job! It is really nice of you to do this.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

They’ve tried to sell it a few times but it’s a lot of work and when you don’t know what you’re selling I’m sure it’s even more stressful. That and of course there is sentimental difficulties as well which is probably the bull of the reason.

Honestly, I’m just happy to help and its partly fun just to see all these pieces in person too as they pass through my hands. I’m sure the original owner would want them to be loved instead of sitting in storage and I know a few members would still like to honor and cherish the memory behind where they came from. <3

I did spot some grails I know were mentioned before. Members I know of are currently being contacted and given the heads up, but I’m sure there are some I missed.

If you have a grail from the 2008-2012 area shoot me a message and I can check the list and see.

There are a lot of hoofers and griffins in particular. No cats really. Items will be posted once they are confirmed as actually still available and in good condition.

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

These are some of the items currently available.

2009-12-Champ_emperor_dragon

PALE-LAVENDER-GOOF-UP-OLD-WARRIOR-DRAGON

GREEN-LAVENDER-FLEDGLING-DRAGON-1

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

PINTO-BABY-UNICORN-SCULPTURE-TEST-PAINT-4

COPPER-PATINA-PROTOTYPE-OLD-WARRIOR-DRAGON-3-of-12

GREEN-FIRE-POAD™-FIGURINE-TEST-PAINT-1

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodancia
                  Participant

This sounds like a really wonderful collection. I look forward to seeing the individual pieces come up for sale.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I’ve been trying to respond to everyone as fast as I can, please be patient. If there is an item you are seeking I am adding names to a list on the item/items so you will be notified if/when the item becomes available. It will be at least 2 – 3 weeks before I have a “new batch” of sculptures so for now what I have is what is in the ad. I cannot supply pictures of the items I do not have in my possession at this point. Thank you all for your understanding and your patience. This will be a slow moving process so don’t fret. Everyone will have a chance, just stay tuned. It’s just me running the show here with a little help behind the scenes, but 90% me LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

drag0n, you’re a very kind person to help this family with such a huge task during such a difficult time. People like you make this fan base shine.

I’m sure you are getting swarmed with PMs so I’ll make my interest known here. I’m down for any koi themed kirins. I will dip into the Japan fund for those! I will make magical girls and final fantasy boys share shelves to make space for those!

Best of luck!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I PMed you Lupuslunae

Also the items currently in the classifieds are open for bids and offers. I’d like to sell most of it this week while I am on vacation.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                          Blocked

Are there any grab bags or mostly test paints? I would be interested if there are any test paints with pink or aqua or rainbow colours in unicorns, pegasus, kirins, griffins or small dragons.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Not much for you and I to get crazy for Kim. LOL! This collection is primarily from before Windstone started doing more of the crazier color schemes you and I flock to. There are a lot of older test paints from Melody mostly, but a splash of stuff from Olimpia, P.S., and even possibly a few from Helen Mishkin. (I’m not sure yet if they were willed away or not like Jennifer Miller’s pieces were) There are SOME Grab Bag items, but not many. My bet is they may be from the very first batch of baby and young unicorns in the natural horse colorations.

Again, I haven’t confirmed all of the pieces on the list are readily available and I don’t have them at my disposal at any given moment. I am driving about a 2 hour back and forth trip each time I go and I also need to have our schedules jive in order to meet at the unit each time I load up in the future. I’m not going to haunt the owner, she is under enough stress with the emotional impact of letting these items go after such a long time in storage. I’m sure it’s difficult to say goodbye when close family is involved, even if they are in storage the pain never fully fades. So please keep that in mind. I want to make this as easy as possible on the family members involved with this transition.

I might be able to get there twice a month or maybe even less? I don’t know yet. Maybe my sister’s husband will let me borrow is work truck for a trip so I can get a good amount at once. I’m not quite sure yet. This is all in the beginning stages but I will do my best to make sure everyone has a chance to get something they want.

At this point I cannot “promise” anyone 1st pick or priority over another unless nobody else is actively seeking a particular piece. I will take names and put them into my spreadsheet so you will be contacted when and if a particular item becomes available. If an item is your grail I will do my best to get them into their forever homes, but I must also keep true to the family’s wishes.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

pipsxlch
                              Participant

It was hard enough work with the roughly dozen pieces I just sold for someone, and he was only 20 miles away. Yes, bless you for the huge undertaking this is. I think we overwhelmed the family member who tried before.

My only real grail is from 2008ish, but I don’t think she was the one who got it. It was the prototype serpentine old warrior.

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Oh yes the Serpentine was a real looker! That guy isn’t in here unfortunately.

I mean, it’s not that big of a deal for me to help. I was very friendly with the forum member involved and I’m glad to see these pieces see the light of day again. I think the owner would have wanted them to be enjoyed and not sit in storage.

I have no life outside of my job anyway. It feels good to get out and do something and I’m happy to be of use since I have knowledge about the pieces involved. It just so happened I’m sort of local so it worked out ^_^ Keeping myself busy keeps me from feeling depressed too and with my back lately I can’t go out and so much physical activity so I end up just sitting at home (hence why repairs have picked up). Organizing this stuff is fun in a weird kind of way and hopefully it gets me back on the forum more often. It’s been too quiet around here the past couple years. LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 463 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.