A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

So I’ve been going thru these most of the day and updating the classified ad with the conditions.

Most are in great shape. A few have some issues and they are noted in the ad. If you’re interested in a piece, message me and I can send you pictures if the piece you’re interested in.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
      Participant

How long are you accepting offers for items if there is one that currently has an offer on it? Is there a cut–off date for the current batch listed in the Classifieds?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Zeppard Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Not really. Once an item has an active offer on it I’ve basically been doing 24-48 hours with no other interest and its theirs.

The owner doesn’t want to sell these for dirt cheap of course, but they also want to move this quickly since the collection is rather large.

Items with damage are of course not going to sell for top dollar. Normally I might try and repair them but there are so many plus I have my own customer repairs to work on too.

If someone wants me to repair a piece that’s fine but it would be worked out seperately, after the fact. Most of the damages I’m finding are very minor paint rubs I can fix them for no additional cost, you just have to wait a few days for me to get to it.

Only 3 items have had extensive damage. One item was already sold with the defect. The 2 left that are noticeably bad is a busted eye socket on the ruby scratcher and the peacock OW wasn’t in a bag and all the packing peanuts fused with the clear coat on the non show side. Most other stuff is pretty minor.

I’m guessing a lot of the production stuff was bought second hand because that’s mostly what has issues.

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

LZ
          Participant

We won’t be getting pics here, just for the fun of it, if we are not interested in buying? 🙁

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

etruscan
            Participant

That might be more than we can expect drag0n to do. Perhaps you could ask the buyers to post photos someplace.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I agree – with such a huge undertaking, just photographing items for the interested parties is going to take a lot of time. I’d love to see a lot of them myself, but it might not be realistic for drag0n.

I think it would be appropriate for the buyers to post photos in the ‘Show Your Collection’ thread if they so choose.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Zeppard Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I need to figure out how to set my camera on my phone up to take smaller photos. Every pic I take needs to be resized to share it in the forum amd its a huge pain in the butt. I must admit it would be a lot easier to just post them publically. This is all getting overwhelming very quickly. Right now I’m on vacation and it has taken up 80% of my time just getting back to everyone lol.

Anyone know enough about camera phones to know which one of these settings would be best?

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ferlin1984
                  Participant

I have a Apple IPhone and what I do for the classified ads pictures is take a picture of the item kind of far back and then edit it by cropping it small. I don’t know if that’s helpful at all since electronics and I have a hate relation no love at all lol.

Bodancia
                    Participant

To fit pictures into the Forum or Classified, I open the photo with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, go into Edit and then Compress the picture, and use the Web Pages size option. If necessary, I then Resize it to make it a little bigger.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Yea… what I do is send the photo to myself in messenger and resave it out if the message and its small enough to upload, but doing that for 300 pieces at 6+ photos per item is just way too time consuming. Then you’re only able to upload them 4 per post.

Maybe a new image hosting site would be better. Anyone know of any good free ones? I used to use photobucket but now they charge a fee to use their site.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Courtney
                        Participant

Imgur is awesome and free. Upload huge albums and just copy and paste link here. Even people without accounts with imgur can view and scroll through.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

I take the PIc and email it to myself. The email gives me options to make the images smaller. If you are going to post them here. Maybe you take 1 pic and if some needs more they can ask. The damaged pieces I would do more so buyers can see the damage.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

sherry10151982
                            Participant

I use the app image size and upload pictures from my iPhone and set the image to 1024×764 which I then save to my photos and upload them here. Easy peezey

etruscan
                              Participant

One other point – If I understand correctly the plan is for all sales to be through the Windstone Classifieds. Any buyer should be a Forum member and should have received photos from drag0n.
                                If you don’t want to take your own photos, or can’t for some reason, just save the photos from drag0n and post those to “Show Your Collection”, or to the “Grails” thread, or wherever.

Pegasi1978
                                Participant

Some of the pieces I was able to provide the original ebay photos from as I still had them from when I maintained the now defunct RavnHeart online database. I’m limited to the data that happens to be on a thumb drive because the monitor on the laptop where the rest is stored is toast.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 463 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.