fbpx

A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone A Large Collection Will Be For Sale Over The Coming Months

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    Ann Marie
    Participant

You did a great job! I’m thrilled to have the items I bought. This was such a treat for those of us who were away from the fandom for a long time and missed so many of these the first time around.

Magentas-Cat

etruscan
      Participant

The new-to-the-direct-sale-list “Tabby Baby Meerkat” must have been hiding in a corner. He’s cute!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Yes I was about to post that, but I got caught up at work. He’s the last ebay straggler. Super cute baby Meerkat by Melody with Tabby Stripes is now up for grabs in the regular ad. Get him while he lasts!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
          Participant

My most recent purchases from ddvm’s collection. The griffin was painted by mipa in 2007. I really like the way his wings look like mountains, and the flying griffin is nice too.

1-PYO-grffin_black-mouse-wizard_albino-mouse-wizard_straightened_850-wide

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Question for you guys. I have some of DDVM’s collection that was purchased years ago. This was stuff Drag0n didn’t have. Would you all like to see pictures?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

merrillannwhite
              Participant

Of course! We always like eye candy.

Bodine
                Participant

Yes please.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

tig3r06
                  Participant

Definitely!

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

We are having rain storms here. As soon as I get good weather, I’ll try and get pics for you guys.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I just added some Ruby Dragons that have clearcoat damages to the bottom of the sale thread. They both have instability issues with the paint and clearcoats. The Lap is in better shape than the Scratcher. They still display well but on close inspection the Lap’s tail feels almost sandy in texture and the paint is slightly discolored along the center ridges, looking a bit darker.
                        The Ruby Scratcher is very sandy on the non show side along the side and belly and has some wrinkling in the haunches. The eye ridges were both broken on the Scratcher and I repaired them but the color was not a good match so they look a little “off” when compared to the original ruby paint. No matter what I did I couldn’t mimic the “bleeding ruby” effect you get with these unstable ruby dragons. They’re color is a little darker then normal and it pools into the smoother scales so the brows look brighter and redder by comparison. Again, they both display pretty well. They have their own gallery at the bottom of the ad.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

VS
                        Participant

Clearcoat issues can be solved with a car dealership clearcoat pen (about $20). Don’t be afraid to use the applicator tip, that won’t damage the paint and will allow it to blend any clearcoat repair in seamlessly.

Found this out on my PYO kitty griffin, since he was my ruby paint repair testing piece. Trust me, this works!

melkatsa
                          Participant

Hi VS, where can I get a car clearcoat pen? Does it have to be from a dealership? I have a ruby lap dragon with a lot of clearcoat damage from before I got her.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

VS, there were actually several dragons with clearcoat problems that I fixed with just a light sand and a new clearcoat. The Rubies however have a tendency to react violently with full body re-clearcoating. I’ve had it work before, but mostly it has ruined them. I don’t know why, only Ruby I have this problem with and it’s only “certain” Rubies. Seems to be the more cranberry colored ones with the darker “paint pools” that collect on the scales that have this problem. The brighter red cherry colored ones with a more consistent coloration it much easier to work with for some reason. I believe Melody used to call the darker red unstable Rubies. They are also more prone to discolor in sunlight. When you apply the clearcoat on them as it dries it creates a wrinkled or stretched out plastic wrap appearance. I don’t know if it is a chemical reaction to that particular batch of paint or if it’s just bad luck. In any case since I don’t own the dragons I didn’t want to potentially make them worse so they’re being sold as is. ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

VS
                              Participant

I’m about to get 4 rubies including a damaged darker looking lap. Let me test it on her and retest it on my oriental (who is dark but I didn’t bother to clearcoat due to the red’s natural shine), then. Just to be absolutely 100% sure of this stuff that it won’t do that wrinkling or anything.

I suspect it’ll work because this is designed to work with and repair cars that also had that unstable paint and if it did that then there’d be a lot of uproar in car repair regarding crappy work. Per the pros who do it for a living a lot of work went into improvement over the years in regards to paint technology.

I’d get it from a dealer, as I’ve only seen pens sold by them. Your car type’s dealer would have it, they all have or can order clearcoat. So far I’ve only seen spraycan form at car parts places and I’m not fully sold on it being exactly the same though it seems so. Besides, I think the pentip is rough on purpose to help blend (buffing it maybe?) with the old clearcoat and irregularities or thickness-of-application issues there, but that’s just my running theory. Buffing car clearcoat correctly actually removes irregularities and minor scratches after all. Will keep you guys posted on how it all turns out once I start on the lap so don’t give up hope for those guys yet!

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

These were two pieces painted by Jennifer from Pan’s collection. I also have the Astral momma and crouching griffin chick from her collection.

C3E49C4D-F24D-4D98-B9CF-786A3D15BB97

F1CDF10F-A85B-41A8-8DF3-792F864295A3

9C637341-013D-431B-9CBD-1ECCE8814307

F520E4B5-5F07-40E3-A6F7-B898ED1CCAD9

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 463 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.