fbpx

A Happy and A Sad: Updates on Happy!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community A Happy and A Sad: Updates on Happy!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

The Sad first. The Store that I convinced to sell Windstones last year is going out of buisness. πŸ˜₯ I went the other day and they were selling everything off. I managed to snag the last of their windstones but I’m really sad. This store was easy to get to and closer to my place. Now there is only one store left in Calgary that carries windstones.

A Happy
      I gots 2 jobs! I got begged to do some work for ‘Shapespeare in the Park’ since thier Props dept is running way behind. I started yesterday and built 3 boat sails and started on the water cloths. catching them up by a few days. Once I get those completed then I get to build 2 1950’s style Jukeboxes, one big one and a tabletop sized one.

In the midst of this I’ll also be be doing costumes for StageWest again. πŸ˜€

Elena
      Participant

Congrats on the new jobs. That’s always a good thing. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
        Participant

Congrats on the new job and the new Windstones, but I am sorry they are going out of buisness. Thats sad.

BDW
          Participant

πŸ˜€ Congradulation on your new jobs!
            It’s always sad when a store you usualy go to closes their doors. πŸ™ Specialy when there are none left that carries the stuff you want.

darjeb
            Participant

The new job is good news the going out of business Windstone store is not.

I’d rather buy online, personally, I can wait.

The one store in Edmonton that sells, they charge almost twice what the online store does so… haha yeah… That includes the difference between American and Canadian money… it wouldn’t be THAT bad. And their broken pieces are still more expensive then the store so it’s kind of bad. I bitched about it loudly when I was in there, I’m surprised I wasn’t kicked out. πŸ˜† OOPS mini-rant….

But good news on the job front there!!!!

Anonymous

Gee let me guess, Millennium?

Don’t be too upset with that store, if it wasn’t for them, this forum wouldn’t exist πŸ™‚

By the way, you can go to the other side of the Ice Palace, and upstairs, the other store is ….. is….. .damnit!!! …. total blank here. It’s nothing but a collectibles store, they have about 30 different lines, and Windstone is one of them. The guy I talked to is VERY knowledgeable, and I really need to go down there and meet him in person one of these days.

He’s pricey too but yeah, for regular dealer carried lines he’s really good.

…. name… name…. bah!! Found it! Donna Rose.

http://www.donnarosetreasures.com/

Here’s there line card: http://www.donnarosetreasures.com/offer.htm

Patricia
                Participant

Congrats on the job! Sorry to hear that the store is closing. πŸ˜•

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Starbreeze
                  Participant

What play are they doing for Shakespeare in the Park? πŸ™‚

i love doing out doors theater. I did it for a while in college we called it Cock Pit in the Court. Hope you have a good time with it

Snapdragon wrote:

Gee let me guess, Millennium?

Don’t be too upset with that store, if it wasn’t for them, this forum wouldn’t exist πŸ™‚

By the way, you can go to the other side of the Ice Palace, and upstairs, the other store is ….. is….. .damnit!!! …. total blank here. It’s nothing but a collectibles store, they have about 30 different lines, and Windstone is one of them. The guy I talked to is VERY knowledgeable, and I really need to go down there and meet him in person one of these days.

He’s pricey too but yeah, for regular dealer carried lines he’s really good.

…. name… name…. bah!! Found it! Donna Rose.

http://www.donnarosetreasures.com/

Here’s there line card: http://www.donnarosetreasures.com/offer.htm

Well I can see if they are any cheaper next time I’m at WestEd. The gas prices make it not good to go there often πŸ˜† Probably good for my pocketbook.

Elena
                    Participant

starbreeze wrote:

It will be a total of 3 plays. First up is “The Tempest” (Indians and Columbus theme) then “Merry Wives of Windsor” (1950’s theme) and then “Complete works-Abridged” all run in repetoire all summer.

StageWest will be “Mid-Life: The Crisis: The Musical”

I hurt. I’ve spent most of the last 2 days kneeling on the floor measuring, marking and cutting fabric. The rest of the time hunched over a sewing machine.

Durand’s Limited Editions in Calgary (on the dealer page) are great and have competitive prices and they will ship too!

Purplecat
                      Participant

Congrats on the jobs! I wish I were close enough to come see the showings…I love Shakespheare. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

foxfeather wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

It will be a total of 3 plays. First up is “The Tempest” (Indians and Columbus theme) then “Merry Wives of Windsor” (1950’s theme) and then “Complete works-Abridged” all run in repetoire all summer.

StageWest will be “Mid-Life: The Crisis: The Musical”

I hurt. I’ve spent most of the last 2 days kneeling on the floor measuring, marking and cutting fabric. The rest of the time hunched over a sewing machine.

Durand’s Limited Editions in Calgary (on the dealer page) are great and have competitive prices and they will ship too!

Awww maaaan! How much fun is that? Can I come play too? I really miss the theatre… Congrats on your jobs, that’s wonderful news πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.