fbpx

A few curls and OWs for sale

Home Forums Administration Flea Market A few curls and OWs for sale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’ve decided to sell a few of my Windstone pieces to help out the raptor rehab where I volunteer. They’re a real shoestring operation and spring cleaning is coming up fast. I’d love to donate so they can purchase some building supplies, and that’s more important to me than the dragons. So I’ll offer them up here and hopefully won’t have to mess with ebay. I WILL take payments, but everything is nonrefundable and the piece won’t be shipped until payment is received in full. In other words, no paying 99% of it, then deciding you want your money back.

All pieces will be double boxed using their original Windstone packaging, and I use plenty of packing materials. I will insure! If you see something you like, make an offer and I’ll keep track of the high offers here in this thread. No, I won’t sell for less than they originally went for, so there’s your starting prices. (Except the 2 current production OWs)

For sale:
    Pink curlie
    Current HB: $110

This one has the darker pink. Factory mint with tag.

Silver curlie w/blue eyes
    Current HB: $75

Factory mint with tag.

Silver curlie w/lavender eyes
    Current HB: $75

Factory mint with tag.

Brown OW
    Current HB: $490

Yes, this is the one I recently purchased from the forum. I just haven’t grown to care for it much and the hawks need the money more than I do. Factory mint with tag and COA. Signed by Melody.

Red Fire OW
    Starting offer: $225

Factory mint with tag.

Emerald Peacock OW
    Current HB: $235

Factory mint with tag.

I’ll be taking offers until April 11th on these.

Stephanie
    Participant

Good luck with the sale! And it’s for a very good cause. ๐Ÿ˜€

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I think Kyrin is still looking for a Brown Old Warrior dragon.

I am, but I am broke, and I won’t have any extra money until late May.

Kyrin

Ooh! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Pm’d you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Good luck! It’s very generous of you to sell your Windstones for the hawks. I hope you raise lots of money.

Zelda
        Participant

Best of luck with the sale! I was lucky enough to volunteer at a bird sanctuary once. They had everything from abandoned pets to emus, cassowarys, and a very mean ostrich! But they rehabbed raptors too, most notably a lovely pair of golden eagles. It’s a great cause!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

WolfenMachine
          Participant

oo brown OW….also PMed you

Maria
            Participant

That’s great of you to support the raptor rehab like this, Kachina. Too bad I already have all those pieces.

lamortefille
              Participant

Very generous of you! Best of luck with the sales.

I have everything updated with what I’ve received so far. Really, thank you from the bottom of my heart guys. And I’m sure the birds will appreciate it, too. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Kachina wrote:

I’ve decided to sell a few of my Windstone pieces to help out the raptor rehab where I volunteer. They’re a real shoestring operation and spring cleaning is coming up fast. I’d love to donate so they can purchase some building supplies, and that’s more important to me than the dragons.

That’s great of you!! Rehab centers often get the short end of the stick because they’re not-for-profit and usually only run on donations.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

That’s very true of this place, Jennifer. I feel so bad for them every time I go in. I look in the freezer, and they can barely even afford the rats to feed these guys. I wish I could do more, but we’re broke right now. I think everyone is. But in my heart, this is the cause I am meant for.

I have a few videos from my visits in my youtube account if anyone would like to see them:
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/kachinabetta

The rehab’s website is linked from there if anyone is interested in poking around and learning more. I’m not trying to drum up donations, but a couple people had PM’d me wanting to give a few bucks and I’d feel more comfortable if it was sent directly to the rehab so there’s no questions of whether or not I’m honest. Plus it’s tax deductable.

And of course if anyone lives near enough to drive this far, I’d love to introduce the birds and show you around. Here’s a small pic of the place.

You can see how badly the flights on the left there need some repairs, and that’s why I’m selling the Windstones.

Travistie
                  Participant

Those are cool videos of the birds Kachina. I really love owls.

Did you shoot that short video of the Bald Eagles at the National Aviary near downtown Pittsburgh? The exhibit looks familiar.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.