fbpx

A brood of Buggers

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion A brood of Buggers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

He looks amazing . Well done.

His detailing is so fantastic. Very nice work.

Adaneth
      Participant

Wow. He is stunning! πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Beautiful work! I want to paint at least a half dozen of him ;).

Robin
          Participant

Thank you for the wonderful comments. And, I have heard the pleas for copies. I am just hesitant to say there will be any until the mold is made and actual copies are in hand. I do not want to make promises until I know that they can be fulfilled. Once I get an idea of what the casts will be like (both quality and price wise) I will certainly make them available. I am also eager to see what the fabulous artists here can do with him. Lord knows my painting skills are lacking.

Bugger is now 95% finished. The upper wing is all I lack and that is about half done. I took a week off from working on him because the scales were beginning to show up in my dreams. lol

Robin
            Participant

I took a break from scaling the little brat. Here are the most recent photos showing all his pretty new (and tediously tiny) scales. I just need to find a bit more energy to finish him off. I think I was getting burned out.

Anyway, here is his Royal Highness (he thinks) Bugger.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And for the younger forum members… that is a one dollar coin. It is a form of US currency. πŸ™‚

Hannah
              Participant

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE – *carries on for a while*

*pant pant pant*

HOW DID I MISS THIS?? Robin you are insanely talented!! I’ve been really wanting to sculpt my own dragon for a while now, but I just don’t know how to do it, or what medium to do it IN. Is there any way you would feel like telling me what you originally made Bugger in, and how you refined him? Did you cast him several times like Melody does, or did you use a medium that allowed you to sculpt the details in after?

Also, once he IS cast and made into a bazillion Buggers, would you consider letting some of the forum artists (I admit it, I really want to paint him) have a go at painting one for you?

SO beautiful, I cannot get over those little scales!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Robin
                Participant

LOL. Well lets see. I sculpted the original, scale-less, hatchling out of Super Sculpty over an aluminum foil armature. I then sent him off to be cast in resin. Bugger is one of those resin casts that has been carved on. I think, if I was to make him from scratch, I might try a rough sculpt with Super Sculpty then carve on the hardened (oven-baked) form for more details.

And, yes, I do intend on making the casts of Bugger available. I hope to have them done soon but I seem to have mis-placed my motivation. I know I left it around here somewhere but I can’t seem to find it. Perhaps one of the cats played with it and it is hiding under the refirgerator or stove? Hmm…..

Adaneth
                  Participant

Wow, just fantastic! I hope you relocate your motivation soon! πŸ™‚

Hannah
                    Participant

*throws packages of motivation at Robin*
                      πŸ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Carolyn
                      Participant

So small and such detail . Amazing .

Robin
                        Participant

The brat is done! It only took eight months but he is D O N E. I have already ordered the casting and molding resins and extra eyes. With, luck, I will be up to my eyeballs in little Buggers by the end of next week!

I am so happy to finally be done with him. I did learn a lot though in his creation. I’m even thinking of scaling up his bigger sister. I will do things a bit differently with her though since she is on the slender side. I will bulk her up a bit.

Photos to be posted later tonight. He needs a bath. πŸ™‚

Adaneth
                          Participant

I am so looking forward to seeing a horde of little Buggers! Congrats on finishing! πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

Yay! So happy you got him completed. I can’t wait to see him painted in different colors. I’d love to paint a bunch to….

Robin
                              Participant

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 96 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.