A brood of Buggers

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion A brood of Buggers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

Oooo! Loving him. I’d love to paint a few of those myself :love:

Oooo! Loving him. I’d love to paint a few of those myself :love:

Most definitely. Terrific work, I envy both your skill and your patience in cutting in all those tiny scales!

Robin
      Participant

Thanks for the compliments. I just finished up all the wing claws and am working on scaling the tail.

I want one! He’s adorable.

Kyrin

Adaneth
        Participant

He is looking fantastic! 🙂

Robin
          Participant

Wing claws done, tail scaled and cheek area detailed. I also “sharpened” the large neck ridges. All that is left now is scaling the wing fingers and an over-all detail and clean up. It took me a week of working two hours a day to scale the tail so I should have the wing fingers done… oh, next month some time? lol

I am not sure what I want to do with the wing fingers either. The scales I have on the wing shoulders are just too deep and blocky to carry through the whole wing. I am at a stand still until I can make up my mind about that.

He is so close to being finished now. I have started to look at various molding mediums in anticipation of casting him. I need something very good to pick up all those tiny details.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Carolyn
            Participant

So cute . Are you going to paint him when your done or leave him as is ?

etruscan
              Participant

I don’t think that the wing fingers would have scales.

This is an absolutly brilliant sculpture in such tiny detail. You have a remarkable skill with such a small work surface. Gorgeous.

Robin
                Participant

So cute . Are you going to paint him when your done or leave him as is ?

Probabily not this particular one. I will have plenty of Little Buggers to play with once I get the mold made, so the “original” will stay unpainted in case I need to make another mold. But once I get to where I feel my painting skills are up for it I will likely paint him then. A paint job shouldn’t effect any future mold making if it is done well and thinly.

Robin
                  Participant

Bugger and I had a huge fight tonight. I took a break and week off of scaling him. I wasn’t idle though and spent many hours combing the internet for reference photos to help my get an idea of how to scale out his wing fingers. I finally blended together some different lizard scale patterns in my head to get a good mental picture of what I wanted.

Well I started with one of the shorter wing fingers tonight and began scaling. No sooner had I finished three scales than His Royal Highness Bugger decided he didn’t like what I was doing. He didn’t want his scales done that way thank you very much! He really is a brat you know?

So after much frustration, choice word uttering and me at the brink of tears we finally reached a compromise. I would do it his way and he would behave.

Don’t tell him but I think his way does look better. But I DID NOT SAY THAT! And if you tell him I will deny everything.

Ann

Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me! We don’t want him getting a big head or anything!

Bugger and I had a huge fight tonight. I took a break and week off of scaling him. I wasn’t idle though and spent many hours combing the internet for reference photos to help my get an idea of how to scale out his wing fingers. I finally blended together some different lizard scale patterns in my head to get a good mental picture of what I wanted.

Well I started with one of the shorter wing fingers tonight and began scaling. No sooner had I finished three scales than His Royal Highness Bugger decided he didn’t like what I was doing. He didn’t want his scales done that way thank you very much! He really is a brat you know?

So after much frustration, choice word uttering and me at the brink of tears we finally reached a compromise. I would do it his way and he would behave.

Don’t tell him but I think his way does look better. But I DID NOT SAY THAT! And if you tell him I will deny everything.

LOL–This sounds like me arguing with two of the characters in my current WIP. I know that feeling all too well, right down the choice words & brink of tears.

Can’t wait for the next update!

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

He is looking really amazing. I am really impressed with this little guy and his name is just perfect.

Robin
                        Participant

OOps. I guess I forgot to post the wing photos. His “under” wing is now scaled and I am about half way through the upper one. Then he gets an all over detail and clean up. After that the mold will be poured and I will be up to my eyeballs in little Buggers. lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.