fbpx

2017 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2017 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 758 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Those pastel pegasi are so pretty!  Will there be pastel unicorns too?  I wish this was a production colour for pegasi and maybe unicorns too with pastel rainbow manes!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
      Participant

Don’t other companies make unicorns and pegasi with pastel manes, tails, and wings?  I thought that people like Windstones because they don’t look like other fantasy pieces.

StormDancer
        Participant

I’ve seen other companies with unicorns and pegasi that have pastel coloring. The sculpts by other companies, in my opinion, generally leave much to be desired.

Windstones I love because of how well sculpted and realistic they are. Everything is in proportion and the expressions and poses are ones that I could really see a critter do.  While I don’t personally care for most of the pastels that I have seen so far, I will always love the Windstone sculpt itself no matter the color.

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

GardenNinja
          Participant

WILD TROLL BABY UNICORN TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Suzanne-Marie
            Participant

I really like that on the pastel Pegasi Gina chose to keep the manes and tails white; that way your eyes focus on the beauty of the pegasus body, the beautiful pastel wings and light blue eyes, making them all believable markings.

Landipan
              Participant

I adore the Pastel Pegis!!!!! So beautiful, but the Kirins still have my heart <3

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kim
                Blocked

I can’t even think of other companies I would compare the pegasi and unicorns to.  I also like how the pastel peg has rainbow wings.  I was just thinking if unicorns were done in pastel too that because they don’t have wings, something else would have to have the pastel colours so it just made sense for unicorns the natural choice would be pastel manes.  Again not sure if pastel rainbow test paint unicorns have or will be painted but seeing how the pastel rainbow scheme has had a lot of positive feedback I would love to see unicorns too or productions pegs and unis if they are popular enough!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Zexious
                  Participant

Wild troll baby!
                    Gah, what a cutie!

Some people may like Windstones because they don’t look like other fantasy pieces, but I can’t imagine that’s why everyone likes them. After all, how many white unicorn sculptures are there out there? A lot, certainly. But the white Windstone unis are special in spite of this 8)

In regards to color scheme, I don’t see “another company doing something similar first” as a reason not to explore new or popular options. I think Windstones stand well enough on their own against competition (which, honestly, I can’t think of a single brand off the top of my head)–as said above, the sculpts are so expressive and high quality that the finished piece remains unique and interesting.

etruscan
                    Participant

I don’t know … is following the crowd a good thing?  While the Windstone sculpts are interesting and well done, similar color schemes are on many items – figurines (both cheap and expensive), toys, games, T-shirts, pajamas, mugs, stickers, notebooks, and on and on.  The style of the pastel rainbow Windstone equines is different from Angelica Zen’s “Rainbow Dreams” critters in the Non-Windstones Classifieds (“realistic” vs “cute”) but the colors are very similar.

On the other hand, of course, the aforementioned figurines, toys, games, T-shirts, pajamas, mugs, stickers, notebooks, and whatever else is made are popular.  A line of “Pastel Rainbow” unicorns and pegasi could be the most successful items that Windstone ever made.

Suzanne-Marie
                      Participant

I too, agree with Etruscan, I think the Pastel Rainbow in a production color might be the most successful color ever !!
                        My heart would luv an adult Pastel Rainbow Poad!!
                        But how lovely to see this amazing color so many people want in Pegs, Unicorns, Poads,Dragons,Kirins, etc !!
                        Count me in …
                        Please,please,please can WE do production colors of Pastel Rainbow ??
                        With sugar and sprinkles on top ??

Gina
                        Participant

I’m so glad so many of you liked the pastel pegs! And as always if they weren’t quite your thing hopefully something new will hit the eBay store which will rock your world 😉

And for all you Game of Thrones lovers, Dragons of Fire and Ice!

StormDancer
                          Participant

Gina, you always come up with amazing colors. Your Cosmic Shift and Mystic Umber are 2 of my all time favorites! Thank you for coming up  with so many different color schemes so that everyone finds something that they love!

Looking for:
                            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

GardenNinja
                            Participant

SANGUINE BABY PEGASUS DRAGON TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Zexious
                              Participant

Ohhhhh, the Sanguine baby! Love!

Just because something similar is produced, I don’t think it’s fair to necessarily say you’re simply ‘following the crowd’. Especially when we’re talking about creatures that have a pre-established mythos. Unicorns and pegasi have appeared as black or white long before they were screen printed onto t-shirts, backpacks, and makeup packaging.

I personally think Windstones sort of exist in a sphere of their own. They can be created without real concern for mainstream trends because they’re not exactly part of the same market as those aforementioned t-shirts, backpacks, etcetera. If anything, creating a piece or two in line with what’s popular outside of Windstones could potentially usher in new customers who would not otherwise have had exposure to these pieces. Just a thought ^^

Mika
                                Participant

Just saying the Pastel Rainbow Flapcat is really pretty. The AB crystal is a nice touch.

And that Sanguine Secret Keeper is gorgeous!

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 758 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.