2017 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2017 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 758 total)
  • Author
    Zexious
    Participant

Absolutely loving the pegasus!!

Nightcrow
      Participant

They show up for me in the “Others Also Viewed” row, which is why I’m frustrated and disappointed.  It’d be one thing if Ebay was making it clear that these are previews and the items aren’t available  yet, but’s quite literally claiming that other people are viewing these items even though I can’t.  Not to mention how ridiculous it is to tell me to check the item number and then censor it so it can’t be checked!

Note the two real auctions on the left, in the same box as preview items and all clearly labeled as having been viewed by others!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Kujacker
        Participant

@Nightcrow Censor? Even with those auctions, I am able to click and view them. It just tells me that the auction isn’t available anymore, but I can still click and view the full size auction image.

etruscan
          Participant

That’s interesting.  When I click on a link under “People also viewed” but it’s really “This item has not been listed yet” I get this message:

This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available. Please check that you’ve entered the correct item number
            Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

Kujacker
            Participant

@etruscan I indeed get the same notification, however it still has the title and first listed image displayed.

etruscan
              Participant

Lucky you – I just get the message.  I can right click on the small image under “People who viewed this item also viewed” and see or save the image that way, but it doesn’t get any bigger.

GardenNinja
                Participant

Why, oh WHY do I still type long messages directly into this website when I know how easy it is for the website to eat it before I click submit????
                  Second attempt….

I don’t think they are previews from eBay’s point of view. I have never seen any other seller’s listings do this. I think the person making the listings for Windstone is doing something like making the listing active to test it, then making it inactive again by changing the start date. When s/he looks at the activated listing, it gets put in the “Others Also Viewed” list. I never pointed this out to Windstone because I like getting the previews.

It would depend on what browser you use. Every browser just has to have special features beyond the standard, especially Internet Explorer (Microsoft is notorious for ignoring agreed-upon industry standards). Any complex web page has to have special code that is only used by one browser – things like “If browser = Internet Explorer Then … Else …” For instance, Windstone’s store listings behave differently depending on whether you are using IE, Firefox, or Safari. I took a quick look at the code for an eBay listing, and found these scripts in the first 100 lines (out of 2202):

fix for IE freezing (comment above script)
                  [if IE]…[endif]
                  [if lt IE 8]…[endif] <–“If browser is Internet Explorer version lower than 8”
                  [if lt IE 9]…[endif]
                  [if (gte IE 9)|!(IE)]…[endif] <– “If browser is Internet Explorer version 9 or higher OR browser is not Internet Explorer”

PS No, I didn’t read 100 lines of code. The code viewer shows comments and scripts in a different color.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Landipan
                  Participant

I really like the Daydream coloration! But the Pastel Rainbow is still the Holy Grail in my heart <3

*Formerly meowmix101
                    Not currently open for PYO commissions.

GardenNinja
                    Participant

Err… sorry about that geek-out up there! Sometimes I can’t help myself.

GardenNinja
                      Participant

SANGUINE UNICORN COLT TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

etruscan
                        Participant

LOL – I appreciate the information.  I had wondered whether using a different browser would produce a different result but wasn’t curious enough to actually try it.

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I appreciate the geek-out!  After posting the screencap, I belatedly thought I should have mentioned I’m browsing in Firefox.

You’re right that it does seem to be only Windstone auctions that get this glitch, now that you mention it!  It never seems to happen when I’m browsing for other things.

I wouldn’t mind having previews of upcoming items, but I would like them labeled, and preferably dated!  😀

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

GardenNinja
                            Participant

SECRET FOREST FLEDGLING DRAGON TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

Sneak Peek!

SANGUINE LAP DRAGON TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

GardenNinja
                              Participant

PASTEL RAINBOW BABY PEGASUS TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

Sneak Peeks!

SANGUINE ORIENTAL DRAGON TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

PASTEL RAINBOW FLIP FLAP CAT TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA

Zexious
                                Participant

Oh, that pastel baby pegasus x.x <3 I cry.

For what it’s worth, I get the same message as etruscan and Nightcrow, and I use the Safari browser.

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 758 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.