fbpx

2016 Ebay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2016 Ebay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,010 total)
  • Author
    rock-reader
    Participant

I am shocked at how inexpensive the Windstones are selling for on eBay! I wish I could afford to buy some. Only $255 for that beautiful lap Dragon. And they’ve all been so nice!

etruscan
      Participant

We have had four Grab Bags so far this year – the surprise llamas in January and standing kirins, surprise baby pegs, and surprise armadillos in February. The silver cougars and color shift wolves also were unanticipated.

People could be low on funds, or saving their money in case something else pops up in the store. We know that several kinds of tanukis are on the horizon once the store is working again.

We have had four Grab Bags so far this year – the surprise llamas in January and standing kirins, surprise baby pegs, and surprise armadillos in February. The silver cougars and color shift wolves also were unanticipated.

People could be low on funds, or saving their money in case something else pops up in the store. We know that several kinds of tanukis are on the horizon once the store is working again.

I think people are also anticipating the GB Young Unicorns, which will surely be on the “higher end” of the grab bag scale, considering what the last batch sold for. Also, given the frequency that the Production painters are releasing special pieces to Ebay, I would go out on a limb to say it’s also affecting their prices. Basic supply and demand I guess…I do agree with Etruscan though…the frequency at which GBs and special LPs are being released in the store, is most certainly affecting the amount of disposable income of individual collectors.

Prezaurian
        Participant

The color shift cougars really hit me because I don’t have a lot in terms of fluid funds. And I’m waiting for a particular piece to show up on eBay so I’m being particularly strict now. Not even trying tentative bids.

scenceable
          Participant

I am shocked at how inexpensive the Windstones are selling for on eBay! I wish I could afford to buy some. Only $255 for that beautiful lap Dragon. And they’ve all been so nice!

this broke my heart, so so soooo hard to resist. πŸ™

Stormbreeze
            Participant

^^Agreed. I’ve been saved by the fact that I’m usually busy at 5. First world problems much πŸ˜‰

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Aggie83
              Participant

I was thinking the same thing about the wood cedar male unicorn. But I think the comments posted nail it on the head – we have had a number of lovely little surprises show up in the store with the various color shifts and I am definitely one of those that Masked Phoenix referred to – eagerly waiting on the young uni GB and therefore trying to behave – key word trying.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Available funds was my issue for sure, but my added limitation is I’m now basically out of display space! So, I’ve been deciding on what pieces to focus on and which to let go… my Gargoyle Pig Roscoe has already been rehomed and I’m considering more.
                  I HAD to get an Armadillo though, and I’m Very open to Curlies… :love:

I wonder what a ‘Candytuft’ Curled would be like? Was there a ‘Cosmic Shift’ or ‘Oil Spot’ done? I would DIE to get a Curlie in ‘Fire Berry’ which I also don’t remember seeing *Hint Hint* *Wink Wink* πŸ˜‰

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Gina
                  Participant

Available funds was my issue for sure, but my added limitation is I’m now basically out of display space! So, I’ve been deciding on what pieces to focus on and which to let go… my Gargoyle Pig Roscoe has already been rehomed and I’m considering more.

I wonder what a ‘Candytuft’ Curled would be like? Was there a ‘Cosmic Shift’ or ‘Oil Spot’ done? I would DIE to get a Curlie in ‘Fire Berry’ which I also don’t remember seeing *Hint Hint* *Wink Wink* πŸ˜‰

There are a few pieces that I’m super antsy to have cast so we can paint them for ebay, one is definitely the curlies πŸ˜€

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

There are a few pieces that I’m super antsy to have cast so we can paint them for ebay, one is definitely the curlies πŸ˜€

Yah! πŸ˜€
                      Now hopefully I’ll have funds when you get some done! :love:

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                      Blocked

I know for me I tend to save more for the grab bags so rarely try for ebay pieces and there have been a few production pieces I have wanted for a while that I keep putting off because I just don’t have enough money. I think I had mentioned a while back it might be nice to have more time in between grab bag batches to be able to save for other pieces although I guess some can afford them. I just don’t know how sustainable it will be for a lot of us on budgets to be able to keep buying grab bags every month. I am personally waiting to get tanukis and then maybe grab bag baby unicorns and young unicorns when they come out but other than that I think I am going to have to stop buying so much. I have also run out of display space unless I get a bigger cabinet.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Nightcrow
                        Participant

I was thinking the same thing about the wood cedar male unicorn. But I think the comments posted nail it on the head – we have had a number of lovely little surprises show up in the store with the various color shifts and I am definitely one of those that Masked Phoenix referred to – eagerly waiting on the young uni GB and therefore trying to behave – key word trying.

Well, if I hadn’t been at work when the auction closed, that Lap definitely would have gone for more! πŸ˜› Alas.

Although I *am* saving a bit for future Color Shift Pebble fox sculpts, too – knowing they’re coming, I want to be ready for them so I can grab a whole handful! πŸ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

StormDancer
                          Participant

I think the eBay prices seem to go in waves. I know the Lap Cosmic Shift went for $830.00. And Old Warrior Cosmic Shift went for $590.00.
                            As a general rule the eBay pieces are above my price range.
                            I for one sure can’t normally afford pieces that are at that price range so I am truly grateful for the chance to be able to pick up a beautiful piece/pieces at a price I can kinda afford.
                            I have been saving every penny (who needs groceries anyhow??) so that I can get a few Cosmic Shift pieces I am hoping for.

Looking for:
                            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Mercury Star
                            Participant
                              Marianne
                              Participant

That scratcher is breath taking.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 1,010 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.