fbpx

2013 GB Young wants!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2013 GB Young wants!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

Double post. Cheers rockreader, you hit the nail on the head, and you found the quote. 🙂

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bullsquid
      Participant

I’m torn on this batch. While I agree that they are worth the price, given the amazing amount of detail that Melody has put into each one, it seems way too expensive for a grab bag. This kind of price point is more befitting of Ebay pieces, in my opinion.

I still bought one, so I’m going to be crossing all my fingers and toes that I get one I like (i.e. a safaricorn). With the $360 pricetag, shipping, customs, and lousy Canadian/American dollar exchange rate, I really don’t want to add trading costs on top of that.

Here’s a question for Windstone in general: Will you consider returning to less detailed, more affordable grab bags in the future? It seems like the designs of grab bags have become increasingly complex with each batch, and the price has climbed to match. But many popular grab bags have fairly simple designs, e.g. Kelpie and Leaf, and those wouldn’t take nearly as much time to paint. And since more time = higher price, returning to simple but pretty designs seems like the perfect way to bring grab bags back down to a more attainable price.

wolflodge100
        Participant

I can not justify the price of these for me. I have been stuck with grab bags that I did not like and no one else wanted. considering grab bags were supposed to be a least partly for those who can not afford an ebay piece I think they priced those people right out of the market. yes Windstone should be able to price them at whatever they think is fair, maybe the grab bags should not be that detailed to keep them more affordable. just my humble opinion.

Setsunawolf
          Participant

This is a valid idea. Maybe Windstone could do a less detailed version for a lower price and a more detailed version for a higher price as well. Then, people could decide how much they wanted to spend. I love the candy corns, and don’t mind paying higher prices for them. But I can see how price becomes prohibitive as well.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Sarah
            Participant

I’d love to see another natural batch of Unicorns myself <3

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

I don’t disagree with the price increase at all. My worry is that I really REALLY prefer candy corns and the chances of getting a candy corn are very low because there are a lot more safaris than candies. I have massive apprehension that the odds are very much not in my favor on this and, what has been concerning many people apparently, might have been more comforted knowing which style that I just splurged on.
                I don’t think anyone is saying the unicorns themselves aren’t worth it, it’s the fear of getting the style that doesn’t appeal to the buyer. To me, the price is a bargain for a candy corn: too much for a safari. Other people are vice versa. It’s a nailbiting purchase!

John
                Keymaster

OK, I guess I should weigh in on this one. The horns are not influencing the price, we will get more horns at some point. I don’t think that Hannah is correct as there seemed to be a pretty overwhelming agreement there should be only one batch. I am going to guess that it was at least 60% in favor of one batch (I didn’t actually count them, and don’t have time now to do that, but everybody here thought it was obvious). And that is sure easier for us. The price is mostly from the fact that Melody put an insane amount of time into these and, yes, we do need to pay the rent, which is late again this month, and bills, and wages, etc. I have to agree that it seems high, but these are also really nice pieces.

Yes, we feel bad that some people will be left out on this batch but, even if they could have gone out at a lower price, many collectors would have been left out. The plan for the new dragon grab bags is firming up and the price should a lot lower, at least for most of them. We want to put the production of the new dragons on KickStarter, and then we can break it down into different prices and levels of fanciness so everyone can afford one. We haven’t started the KickStarter project yet, but we are working on it. It is way down the road however, so don’t let this distract you from the job at hand. This whole business of grab bag pieces is, by the way, is weirder than anything I could have imagined developing, and the open discussion on our own forum, Just amazing! Thank You One And All for the overwhelming support.

Syn
                  Participant

It is not a question of what Melody’s work is worth. It is a question of paying $375 for something I cannot see. To me a grab bag (for anything) is something that is inexpensive enough that I do not feel too bad if it turns out to be something I do not want. At this price, these should be sold as group Specials, i.e. Safari, Candy Corn, and “we can’t decide.”

Also, why can you not decide on a price a few days in advance? Getting everyone all hyped up, only to discover they cannot afford the price AS they attempt to order, makes for a lot of unhappy customers.

Trava
                    Participant

I was one of the ones in favor of a single batch, and I also thought that was the majority opinion.

The price hike was expected, and with the detail of the pieces I don’t think it was exorbitant. It was only about $40 more than I was expecting to pay and certainly not more than what any of these would have gone for on the secondary market with the last batch of Grab Bags. (I am remembering Lexicon here.)

I have been saving for these for a long time. I am not one of the collectors with truly deep pockets, and am happy that I had enough for this. I have been priced out of items before, and I know how it feels… but I understand that Windstone needs to make enough to stay open. My hope is that they will be producing beautiful sculptures for a long time, and that one day I will be able to afford some of the things I have seen and loved from the Special Items section.

dragonshoard
                      Participant

while there may have been 300 restock notices sent out, I’m sure I’m not the only one who got more than one (two in my case) because there is no way to see if you have clicked notify, so you click it again just to make sure….

Syn
                        Participant

I got four Store notices.

while there may have been 300 restock notices sent out, I’m sure I’m not the only one who got more than one (two in my case) because there is no way to see if you have clicked notify, so you click it again just to make sure….

The program should only record you once even if you click multiple times..

Syn, what email did you receive them at? You could get two notices if you click notify while logged in and another time while logged out. Could also be that the program borked a little having to send out so any emails, and sent the same notify email to the same person more than once. Before we restocked these I printed out a list of everyone who had pressed the button, and I didnt notice any doubled usernames or emails.

Syn
                          Participant

I have FOUR.

Syn
                            Participant

I have one username and one email address. All four have the same time date on them. I can never hit the notify button without logging in. My email address comes up automatically as soon as I start typing it in, so it is always exactly the same. No typos.

The program should only record you once even if you click multiple times.. Syn, what email did you receive them at? You could get two notices if you click notify while logged in and another time while logged out. Could also be that the program borked a little having to send out so any emails, and sent the same notify email to the same person more than once. Before we restocked these I printed out a list of everyone who had pressed the button, and I didnt notice any doubled usernames or emails.

Sorry, but I received three myself, all to the same email address, and for the same reason as others: because there’s no way to tell what you have or have not signed up for, and because these were so important to me that I didn’t want to chance missing out–only to be shut out on price instead.

The Kickstarter idea is intriguing, and I’ll be interested to see how it works out. Unfortunately, cute as the dragons are, I can guarantee the money I hoarded the last several months for a GBY will be long since spent by then! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.