fbpx

2013 GB Young wants!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2013 GB Young wants!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 207 total)
  • Author

Anyone who got multiple emails: The link at the bottom of each email to the windstone store, is that link written a little differently in each email?

All the same for me, and I got three.

Puffpastryofdoom
    Participant

Anyone who got multiple emails: The link at the bottom of each email to the windstone store, is that link written a little differently in each email?

I received two e-mails at the same time that were identical to each other. (I hope this helps!)

Chloe
      Participant

First of all, I want to say a big “Thank You” to Melody for painting these. Next, a big “Thank You” to the forum members who were watching my back for me! πŸ˜€

Thankfully it was a SLOOOW night at work, so I was able to hop on my phone when I got my text and order one. I will have to say, though, that they were listed for more than I had budgeted/expected. I had hoped for $275-325, but completely understand why they were more.

I am rather apprehensive, though, because I DO NOT want a fantasy unicorn of any type……so I keep telling myself I have a 50/50 chance. I am now worried about trading since so many forum members are opting out of this batch. πŸ™

I would hate to have to sell and buy rather than just trade. BUT, I am still appreciative of Grab bags, and totally understand why the risk is too great for many at this price. I will just cry if it’s a fantasy corn…..but I risked it anyway.

Edit: I too received two notification emails.

yolanda
        Participant

I am pretty sure theres a lot of us that really wanted one ,including me but just could not afford it.

Chloe
          Participant

I am pretty sure theres a lot of us that really wanted one ,including me but just could not afford it.

I know….I’m thinking about what to sell right now….

Ann
            Participant

Is there a complete group picture of this batch somewhere?

Puffpastryofdoom
              Participant

Is there a complete group picture of this batch somewhere?

There is a photo of all the unicorns in the blog!
                http://www.windstoneeditions.com/blog/grab-bag-young-unicorns-class-92013

Chloe
                Participant

Yep, in the blog. I’m actually getting worried because it seems there may be less safaris than I thought….

pony-up
                  Participant

I’m hoping for a fantasy one….I think lol….so if you get a fantasy dragonlove just let me know and we might can trade! πŸ™‚

Falcolf
                    Participant

I was shocked when I saw the price, but since I couldn’t get in on this batch anyway, I was perfectly okay with that. πŸ™‚ (Made me less sad haha!) I was for there being only one batch as well and in my opinion (not that it matters much) the most important thing is keeping Windstone afloat so that in the future we have more chances to buy beautiful pieces. The fact that the rent was late scares me! πŸ™ There’s sooo many Windstones that I’d like to get my paws on and a lot of them aren’t even production pieces but grab bags. As I am dirt poor, I really can’t afford anything over $100 (and that, right now, not at all – sooooo excited about my raffle prize coming! It’s something I NEVER could have afforded!) which means LOTS of stuff is completely out of reach for me, even PYOs with their Canadian shipping charges. (Paying $40 shipping for a $40 piece is quite prohibitive but that’s not Windstone’s fault! Stupid shipping!!) The fact that Windstone stays in business gives the poor penniless schmucks like me more time to have a chance to save up the money to buy these things and support the business that they love!

I am very much looking forwards to seeing the pictures of these Young guys and viewing the eye candy. πŸ™‚ I am also greatly looking forwards to the Grab Bag dragons (I cannot wait to see what colours they will come in!) – because if I get a job ASAP, by the time they come out I am extremely hopeful that it will be possible for me to get in on them! The KickStarter sounds like a great idea and if I can help when it happens, I WILL! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Ann
                      Participant

Ha, Dragonlove. I was just bemoaning that there were too many safaris in the class photo …

Johnoloosa
                        Participant

NO MATTER THE PRICE! I LOVE THESE GUYS I MADE SURE TO GET ONE! EACH ONE IS A “ONE OF A KIND” PIECE OF ART! WELL WORTH THE PRICE!

Christine
                          Participant

Ha, Dragonlove. I was just bemoaning that there were too many safaris in the class photo …

No wonder Windstone can never ‘win’, we all look at the same photo and see different things. πŸ˜‰

Chloe
                            Participant

No wonder Windstone can never ‘win’, we all look at the same photo and see different things. πŸ˜‰

I love it! Diversity makes the world go ’round.

Sirithiliel
                              Participant

I wasn’t trying to knock on Windstone needing to make a profit, I was just lamenting the fact that I can’t afford anything but PYOs haha. I love seeing all the pictures and I look forward to everything they come out with, it’s just a bit disheartening to save up for actually buying a real Windstone and then realizing I still didn’t have enough, even after saving up. That’s all =P

If i had known the price ahead of time, it wouldn’t be so bad because I would have known I’d not be able to get one. Instead, I’ve been watching the store every day for them to come in, and I was so excited to see them! but then I realized that was a lost dream as soon as i saw the price lol. I know they need to make a profit, and I understand that. I’ll use my saved up money for a grab bag dragon perhaps, if it’s within $150 that is

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 207 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.