fbpx

Young Grab Bag Poad 11/11 Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Young Grab Bag Poad 11/11 Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

Here’s mine. It’s pattern is gold and copper. I’ll get better photos of it for the trade thread. I’m coveting the brown one, but might be tempted by something else if that isn’t meant to be mine, even non grab bag poad related.

Photobucket
      Photobucket

Aww Lokie, you got one thats sorta like mine. I love mine. And I loved pretty much all the black ones with chickadee white cheeks. Theyre so cute!

It does look a lot like it. The black ones just aren’t my cup of tea, and with the even minimal white on it’s cheeks, it just seemed blocky to me in the photos. In person, different story =) I apologize to all the little black and white chicks, they are cutier than I initially thought =)

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Ooooooooh bayou! You got one of my top favorites!!! I haven’t seen the one I am getting yet for trade in person, but was told it’s a fancy one I would really like <3

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonmedley
        Participant

Ooh, I like Yours, Lokie!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
          Participant

By looking at the trade thread, it looks like the less intricate patterns aren’t getting any love. It seems like if you get a GB uni that you don’t like there is always someone out there who was looking for a uni just like it. It’s fairly easy to find a loving home for a GB unicorn that just isn’t your cup of tea. These little Poads don’t seem as trade-able as the unicorns.

This is kind of what I meant by feeling cheated..

It is quite apparent that although some people have professed love for the less intricate Poads, that the more colorful and more intricate Poads are easily the favorites. I feel cheated because it looks to me like my Poad was a last minute addition to the batch, and wasnt worked on with as much care or love as the colorful poads that I am seeing. I certainly don’t like it at all, and even less so with each new beautiful Poad that gets posted.

I just wish there was more of a baseline for what the patterns will be – when it’s obvious which Poads are the sought after ones, why not make all of them look like that? I doubt you’d hear any complaining coming from us, and I wouldn’t feel like I straight wasted my money.

I’m sorry if this comes across as increasingly negative, but I’ve felt this way about the unicorns as well, and I’m just getting more and more frustrated with every batch of grab bag that comes out. I have spent WELL over $100 JUST trading unicorns to get the ones that I want, and that’s hard enough to deal with! Now, with the Poads, NO ONE wants to trade their intricate ones for the ones that look like they’ve been stenciled, and I think it’s pretty obvious why.

Hannah-
            I like yours and I would certainly be willing to buy her should you decide to sell her. I think this is why Melody wanted the batches to be 2 per person…1 to keep and 1 to trade. I only have one, and I love his sweet brown eyes.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

dragonmedley
            Participant

Photobucket

That shot is just too precious!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Azurielle
              Participant

Even though I understand why everyone wants the two per person thing, and some people are disappointed, try to remember you all got one. Many of missed out on even that. And if you don’t have one, chances are good, no one will trade with you, either. I would have loved one of the siamese colored blue eyed ones, and there were a lot of them. But because I didn’t get any means I really can even trade for one. Shrug. it seems odd to feel cheated when you at least got one.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Skigod377
                Participant

Finally uploaded some pics of mine. I LOVE HER! I don’t know who’s picking poads over there, but they scored a perfect 10 with me!! Thank you and thanks for the FUZZY!! Pretty pink n cream with pink eyes. Perfect!!

briteblades
                  Participant

She’s so cute! Congrats! 🙂

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Oh! That one was my number 1 favorite skigod! <3 Congrats!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Zelda
                      Participant

You got the other albino skigod, she’s lovely!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Purplecat
                        Participant

Even though I understand why everyone wants the two per person thing, and some people are disappointed, try to remember you all got one. Many of missed out on even that. And if you don’t have one, chances are good, no one will trade with you, either. I would have loved one of the siamese colored blue eyed ones, and there were a lot of them. But because I didn’t get any means I really can even trade for one. Shrug. it seems odd to feel cheated when you at least got one.

I agree with this, and also offer a giant congratulations to those of you who got grab bag young poads! The entire batch came out really beautifully. I’m looking forward to a time when I can participate in nabbing a grab bag and sharing pics of it!

Skigod377
                          Participant

Thanks guys!!

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

here’s mine, I was hoping for a black but I like her for now and for some reason have named her Rocketdog, I don’t know why….

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Skylover
                              Participant

Before I post mine, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Susie for making it possible for me to get one. She is so awesome, and being able to get one made my week!

Here is mine:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I’m very, very happy with this little one. There are only two others that I’ve seen (bayoudragon’s and siberak’s) that I like a little better, but not by much. This is my first young poad, and they are just so adorable!

Aw you guys are all so lucky, I wish I could have got one! I LOVE poads! If I had managed to get one I don’t think I would have minded so much what it looked like either, I would have just been soooo excited about having one. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 215 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.