fbpx

Young Grab Bag Poad 11/11 Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Young Grab Bag Poad 11/11 Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

I feel……..stuck. I have two options since it seems no one is willing to trade for a different pattern: 1. sell her and not have any GB poads even though I was SO excited for them or 2. keep her and have a GB that won’t sing for me.

Has ANYONE been able to trade for one they like better????
      (please pardon my crankiness, I missed naptime today!)

I’m sorry! Remember though, a lot of people have yet to get their poads in the mail, your trade partner could still be out there yet. Same goes for you too Hannah!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Lokie
      Participant

I’m not sure when mine will arrive. The usps delivery confirmation status said Saturday it was suppose to be delivered, but its been a no show. Last night usps updated the status and its in a sort facility not even in my state. So now who knows when it’ll make its way to me.

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I feel……..stuck. I have two options since it seems no one is willing to trade for a different pattern: 1. sell her and not have any GB poads even though I was SO excited for them or 2. keep her and have a GB that won’t sing for me.

Has ANYONE been able to trade for one they like better????
          (please pardon my crankiness, I missed naptime today!)

I’m sorry! Remember though, a lot of people have yet to get their poads in the mail, your trade partner could still be out there yet. Same goes for you too Hannah!

Don’t be sorry, Zelda! 🙂 I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad, now I feel bad! By looking at the trade thread, it looks like the less intricate patterns aren’t getting any love. It seems like if you get a GB uni that you don’t like there is always someone out there who was looking for a uni just like it. It’s fairly easy to find a loving home for a GB unicorn that just isn’t your cup of tea. These little Poads don’t seem as trade-able as the unicorns.

Puffpastryofdoom
          Participant

I feel……..stuck. I have two options since it seems no one is willing to trade for a different pattern: 1. sell her and not have any GB poads even though I was SO excited for them or 2. keep her and have a little bird that won’t sing for me.

Skeeterdeee, I honestly love your little poad’s pattern! If fate has it where you end up keeping her, just remember how unique she is amongst all of the other poads! 🙂 She is the ONLY one that has a jet-black belly that transitions beautifully to a warm, cream colored back with colorful stripes and spots that are carefully outlined in different colors. I think she is so beautiful, that she is among my favorites! Even though she may not be *singing* for you just yet, she might over time! She certainly is a ‘one-of-a-kind’ from this batch, and in my eyes, I think you are actually very lucky to have her!

Hannah
            Participant

By looking at the trade thread, it looks like the less intricate patterns aren’t getting any love. It seems like if you get a GB uni that you don’t like there is always someone out there who was looking for a uni just like it. It’s fairly easy to find a loving home for a GB unicorn that just isn’t your cup of tea. These little Poads don’t seem as trade-able as the unicorns.

This is kind of what I meant by feeling cheated..

It is quite apparent that although some people have professed love for the less intricate Poads, that the more colorful and more intricate Poads are easily the favorites. I feel cheated because it looks to me like my Poad was a last minute addition to the batch, and wasnt worked on with as much care or love as the colorful poads that I am seeing. I certainly don’t like it at all, and even less so with each new beautiful Poad that gets posted.

I just wish there was more of a baseline for what the patterns will be – when it’s obvious which Poads are the sought after ones, why not make all of them look like that? I doubt you’d hear any complaining coming from us, and I wouldn’t feel like I straight wasted my money.

I’m sorry if this comes across as increasingly negative, but I’ve felt this way about the unicorns as well, and I’m just getting more and more frustrated with every batch of grab bag that comes out. I have spent WELL over $100 JUST trading unicorns to get the ones that I want, and that’s hard enough to deal with! Now, with the Poads, NO ONE wants to trade their intricate ones for the ones that look like they’ve been stenciled, and I think it’s pretty obvious why.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Pam

when it’s obvious which Poads are the sought after ones, why not make all of them look like that?

It was not obvious which Poads were the most sought-after because no one got to see them before they hit the store! 😉 I personally liked the simpler Poads over the “busy” ones. However, these were called Grab Bags because they were all different. If they had all been super-intricate, I’m sure there would still have been someone disappointed!

The store photo shows Poads ranging from very simple to very intricate. I’m sorry that you feel your Poad was not intricate enough, but it was shown in the store photo that some had a much simpler pattern and color scheme than others (same with the GB unis).

As a general rule, it’s probably not a good idea to buy a GB item if you really have your heart set on a particular pattern (edit: if you know you will be really, really disappointed to get a completely different pattern).

Wampus Dragon
                Participant

I’m not likely to get another GB poad based on the fact that Im just not that much of a poad person. This is my only young poad, and before that I only had two adults, okapi and pink tiger. Im more inclined to wait for an ebay young poad that matches my two adults than another grab bag. However a lot of people ARE poad people, so Im sure that just like the unicorns, any gb batch will be a sell out.

And I will list myself as one that doesnt like the intricate lacey patterns that everyone seems to go nuts over. I think most of those are ugly as sin. Most of the ones I like had the ‘leaf stencil’ on black or white pattern. Which a lot of people I see are finding boring? I think the lack of trading also has to do with the ‘one per’ rule. When you only have one poad to trade, suddenly you are a lot more picky in what you trade for! I think Melody was right in this, that when you can get two, then you have a better chance of having ‘one I like, one I trade’.

Adaneth
                  Participant

I agree that being able to buy two would facilitate more trading. That or another batch from Melody… 😉 hint hint

Adaneth
                    Participant

And…I finally got around to taking photos of my GB Poad…

I’d be happy to trade her for yours, Hannah, but I’m guessing she’s not ‘busy’ enough for you either. I do love her metallic eyes and colors, I just like the white-bodied or black-bodied Poads the best. I’m more than happy to keep her! 🙂

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

As a general rule, it’s probably not a good idea to buy a GB item if you really have your heart set on a particular pattern (because you are just as likely to get something completely different).

But isn’t that the fun of a grab bag? Ordering one then holding your breath for a week with the excitement of not knowing what’s in the package with your name on it? :bigsmile:

I think the lack of trading also has to do with the ‘one per’ rule. When you only have one poad to trade, suddenly you are a lot more picky in what you trade for! I think Melody was right in this, that when you can get two, then you have a better chance of having ‘one I like, one I trade’.

I completely understand Melody’s reason for that now. If I think back to when the original “goof-up edition” unicorns came out, initially NONE of them were traded either since there were only a few of them. But I understand the one-per rule on these Poads, there was a lot less people who missed out on getting something really special that Melody worked really hard on.

**I DO like my Poad, I don’t want anyone to think that I hate her, but I like probably 50% of the poads in this batch better. I just feel like I have no trade options with her.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I’m just saying… I don’t like the busy ones that everyone else seems to cherish. I mentioned on the trading thread that the one Hannah has is actually among my favorites. I like the ones with the white base, and pretty much all of them have simple designs.

The trading options aren’t as forthcoming as with the unicorns because a) I don’t think as many people are into poads and b) the batch was much smaller.

Patience, patience! Us Canadians always get our stuff 1 to 2 weeks after we’ve ordered, so just wait until everyone got theirs before giving up!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                          Participant

Zelda’s got it right, there may even be people who are interested right now but are holding back waiting for more options…

siberakh1
                            Participant

Don’t lose hope guys! Some people still haven’t received their poads yet, those in Canada and a few stragglers here in the states.

I don’t think I had an expectation when getting one of these guys, so maybe that helped? : I had a few ideas of color before any photos came out. I don’t think I even really noticed mine when I saw the group photo, because my eye was drawn to some of the more colorful ones, and I think only 1 of the busy ones (Kiya’s) caught my eyes, but I’m also partial to metallic teal on that color background (thanks to the curly petals poad that was on ebay). However, having received mine, I’m pretty content with the one I have. Not my absolute favorite, but I do like the pattern (it reminds me of the cuttle fish poads that were on ebay and I wasn’t able to go for an ebay poad at the time) and he’s unique and my other little poad warmed up to her immediately, so she’s a keeper. 🙂 I have to say I like the leaf pattern a bit more than the ‘busier’ designs, and the black ones, white ones, and the little gray one I have a soft spot for, but I do find them all cute. I guess no matter which one I received, I’d have been happy with it. I can see where a white/silver poad can be a bit of a let down for someone who maybe prefers color.

littleironhorse
                              Participant

Weird double post! Same as before Siberakh’s?

Lokie
                                Participant

Ok, I finally got my poad. USPS really messed up big but I’ll elaborate on that in the “Whine” thread.

Anyways, there was only one poad I really, really loved, (the brown one) and four I really, really disliked (black bodies w/ white cheeks), one of which I especially hated and was certain I’d cry if I got it. Every other poad was just meh. But what’s the chances I’d get my most hated? 1 in 50? Naw, not likely to happen I thought. Oh, but it did! LOL But you know what, after my horror subsided, I’m actually really finding an appreciation for it. He looks way better in person than photos. I can’t get photos at the moment or circle the group shot, but in the blog photo that’s horizontal and showing their backs, he’s in the second row, seventh column. The black one with the white cheeks, orange eyes, silver eye liner and cool gold above his eyes.

I’d still love the brown one, but, I’m not crying =)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 215 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.