fbpx

Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Haze turned out beautifully! And I agree, the antiquing completed her nicely. Very well done Yeral! πŸ™‚

Hannah
      Participant

Thank you MG πŸ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

WolfenMachine
        Participant

You do such a great job replicating your color schemes! Your Haze keeper looks totally awesome!
          I am already loving Blueshift-I cant wait to see him finished!

Hannah
          Participant

Thanks Wolfen!! I’m pretty excited about Blueshift myself πŸ™‚ I have to work all weekend too, so todays the last day I get to work on him for a bit πŸ™

megamibabe16
            Participant

Olive is so gorgeous, and she seems to shine too! I love the earthy greens with the purple accents. Haze Keeper is just as wonderful as her smaller counterpart. She really is all grown up, and Blueshift is coming along well. I love the detail that you are adding to his horns and spinal spikes. Cannot wait to see his final form.

Hannah
              Participant

Blueshift: the shift of spectral lines toward the shorter wavelengths and higher frequencies at the blue end of the spectrum of a luminous celestial body, indicating that the light source is moving rapidly toward the observer.

So this guy was done a lot quicker than I thought he would be (I had thought another couple of days, but hey) – although it did take most of the evening to get him done, he is finally there. He has interference in all of my current interference colors (gold, blue, violet and green) although they don’t show up too prominently because I gave him a matte topcoat. I’d been wanting to try the matte finishing coat for a while and he seemed like the perfect guinea pig since I really wanted to keep the shine down to a minimum. The result is that the interference colors take on much more of a polished metallic look and I’m very happy with the way he came out.

He is my first real attempt at a dragon with any prominent stripes, and as usual I couldn’t leave them well enough alone and the ones on his neck curl into little swirls at the end. I do like how they came out! He has a little crystal star hanging from his upraised paw, a teal gem in his tail, and silver eyes πŸ™‚

Although I really love Blueshift, I am in dire need of funds and he is for sale – PM me if you’re interested!

(sorry for the lighting in these pictures, theres a lot of shadow in a few of them – I played around with it a lot and these were the images most true to his coloring)

Hannah
                Participant

Oh!! I almost forgot – on a totally unrelated note, I got a package yesterday with a few blank PYO’s that I ordered, and this little guy was in there! He’s by far my favorite Fuzzy so far, and my receipt called him a Polar Fuzzy! He’s got little wooden eyes and HES SO FLUFFY! I love him πŸ˜€

Here he is, curling up on his own tail.

Adaneth
                  Participant

I really like him–beautiful work! πŸ˜€

(And that fuzzy is adorable too!)

Apari
                    Participant

Blue is beautiful! I love the stripes and swirls, the silver eyes look good as well. πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

I always love your stuff, Yeral, and this lovely Keeper is no exception πŸ˜‰ .

Kujacker
                        Participant

Man, I’d be all over buying him if I could afford him. He’s amazing.

Hannah
                          Participant

Thanks guys πŸ˜€ glad you like him!

WolfenMachine
                            Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Man, I’d be all over buying him if I could afford him. He’s amazing.

Ditto! O.O He’s beautiful! *drool* Are you open to painting another one like him in the future?

machineguts
                              Participant

Wow Yeral, Blueshift is spectacular! I knew he would be based on what you described about him before, but he’s absolutely incredible. You are very talented, it’s going to be hard to choose which piece I want once I’m able to commission you. πŸ™‚ Are all of your themes OOAK or are there any you will be painting in a numbered series?

Hannah
                                Participant

Aw, thanks you guys 😳

Pretty much everything that I’ve come up with recently I’ve started numbering to leave room for additional ones to be made in those color schemes. I think pretty much every OOAK I’ve ever done now belongs to one particular forum member, which includes my first phoenix Celeste, my Falkor Kirin, and Desert Twilight Griffin. She can feel free to hollar at me if she has more OOAKs than that, I just don’t want to post her name here unless she says it’s ok πŸ™‚

Ruse is currently the only Keeper I have marked as OOAK πŸ™‚

I also set up a little website with images and information on it (kind of like a more detailed gallery) and I believe I’ve listed everything that is OOAK as such. You can look here if you’re interested!

I also got a few more pictures of Blueshift at twilight today when there was still enough light to take pictures. Hooray for no shadows!! I really need to get a couple of lights and a mini photo studio soon πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 323 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.