WSC's Step by Step PYO process for TDM!!! (ON HOLD)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone WSC's Step by Step PYO process for TDM!!! (ON HOLD)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Ok, good news and bad…I will be starting another wolf for Poems, we got confuzzled about wolf breeds between the two of us, and I need to paint her a grey wolf. So, this guy might be up for grabs eventually. πŸ˜‰ I will however finish the thread with step by step on him, but I will also be adding the grey wolf to the step by step. I will be reversing the method I used here and doing dark tipping…This will be fun! πŸ˜€
    So, please hang on while I sort out the technical difficulties!!! XD

Anonymous

Hey everyone! A quick explanation because I take the blame for the arctic wolf and I have to tell you all what a sweetheart WC is!! Also, this too could be a learning tool πŸ™‚ Many of you have already had something painted by her; I have to say that she is not only professional but majorly understanding!!

In brief, the confusion was between a picture I sent in email, along with a link – and google LOL I found an artist on the web after I googled arctic wolf, and used a link to one page of his work that had five or six wolf photo’s he’d taken. Turns out I didn’t read any captions under the pics, and I assumed they were all arctic (and only ONE was!). I didn’t look any further than those pictures because I’d found what I wanted – so while every communication to WC I have refers to arctic wolf, I was picturing the grey wolf – in winter – much darker on top and snowy white on the bottom 😑

I felt like a heel, a dork, a dimwit and all those things and WC immediately made me feel better about MY mistake. And, when she posted the step-by-step to the board here and I saw the wolf and as AMAZING as it is……it wasn’t my vision for what I wanted. Now look, she is starting OVER and bless her heart……

And, so my description of my vision included a darker wolf ontop, darker face – a snowflake on the nose (lol) and starting behind the foreleg on the bottom white of the wolf would become the white of the snow in my ‘triangular snowglobe’…….a river/waterfall/lake whatever would work, silhouette of a wolf, wolves, howling wolf, polar bear or whatever animal could be fit….and a certain aurora borealis at sunrise just as the sky starts to lighten up (a link to picture provided) and the stars are fading away, in the distance with tall thin spruce trees rising up and maybe a mountain. Now mind you, all this would be in a very small area from behind the front legs onto the rear haunch.

WC is going to perform a miracle, for sure…..

Poems wrote:

Hey everyone! A quick explanation because I take the blame for the arctic wolf and I have to tell you all what a sweetheart WC is!! Also, this too could be a learning tool πŸ™‚ Many of you have already had something painted by her; I have to say that she is not only professional but majorly understanding!!

In brief, the confusion was between a picture I sent in email, along with a link – and google LOL I found an artist on the web after I googled arctic wolf, and used a link to one page of his work that had five or six wolf photo’s he’d taken. Turns out I didn’t read any captions under the pics, and I assumed they were all arctic (and only ONE was!). I didn’t look any further than those pictures because I’d found what I wanted – so while every communication to WC I have refers to arctic wolf, I was picturing the grey wolf – in winter – much darker on top and snowy white on the bottom 😑

I felt like a heel, a dork, a dimwit and all those things and WC immediately made me feel better about MY mistake. And, when she posted the step-by-step to the board here and I saw the wolf and as AMAZING as it is……it wasn’t my vision for what I wanted. Now look, she is starting OVER and bless her heart……

And, so my description of my vision included a darker wolf ontop, darker face – a snowflake on the nose (lol) and starting behind the foreleg on the bottom white of the wolf would become the white of the snow in my ‘triangular snowglobe’…….a river/waterfall/lake whatever would work, silhouette of a wolf, wolves, howling wolf, polar bear or whatever animal could be fit….and a certain aurora borealis at sunrise just as the sky starts to lighten up (a link to picture provided) and the stars are fading away, in the distance with tall thin spruce trees rising up and maybe a mountain. Now mind you, all this would be in a very small area from behind the front legs onto the rear haunch.

WC is going to perform a miracle, for sure…..
      You are far to kind! I wouldn’t call it a miracle…I’m not God, or anywhere close to it! I just like to paint, and if I can get good enough to be quick and real good, then I might have a chance to have a part time job doing something I have loved for years…I mean I took 7 art classes in 4 years of highschool, and always took it if it was an option in gradeschool through Jr. High too. It is just something I have always loved, and will continue to until I fade to the stars. πŸ˜€
      Poems, I want YOU to be happy with what you get, jsut as I want everyone to be happy with what they get. (I can’t always say that I will be able to give people in the group swaps what they want, as I don’t get to see as much into their minds if they just give a short description. I always love the long descriptive ones for those! It helps.) And, I haven’t done a grey wolf yet…I may have to get it out of here pronto, cuz that is Scott’s favorite too! 😈 XD

Poems…Look at the 3rd, and then the 2nd photos…As dark as the 3rd, and finishing up like the 2nd? That sound good? (So much easier to look at the larger pics and figure it out! 😳 )

Side note: Sorry guys…Trying to figure out something here. 😈

Wow, this is a wonderful step by step process, thank you for sharing it and I definitely look forward to seeing the completed wolf! πŸ™‚

Ok, I started the second wolf, and I will be beginning the steps from the darkened stage back in the beginning of this wolf. I will be making this new wolf more of a “grey” wolf. I am thinking I will be putting the original wolf off for a little bit. Maybe a week, no longer than 2. Sorry guys, but I WILL be finishing him! Thanks for the patience, and all the wonderful compliments!! πŸ˜€
      If anyone is interested enough to follow I can post his process as I go along in this thread and just label him wolf#2 as I go along…Otherwise, I will just finish him without process shots being posted publicly. πŸ™‚
      I will be picking up this thread either way when I get back to the Arctic wolf. πŸ˜‰

twindragonsmum
      Participant

No worries WSC! I can be patient, sorta, if I hafta… 😈 just ask BDW… 😳 I’m wishing the first wolf were mine ’cause it’s turning out beautifully and I must admit to being a bit envious of Poems πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ lucky, lucky girl!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Anonymous

:::whistling::::

:::humming::::

πŸ˜€

Poems wrote:

:::whistling::::

:::humming::::

πŸ˜€
          LOL!!! Working on it! 😳

Bodine
          Participant

glued to the screen in anticipation!! 8)

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Bodine
            Participant

I know you are very busy but any new pics of “Fall” lately? πŸ™‚ I need a pick-me-up πŸ™

Anonymous

bodine6127 wrote:

I know you are very busy but any new pics of “Fall” lately? πŸ™‚ I need a pick-me-up πŸ™

::picks bodine up, sets her on the top shelf:::

You are tops in my eyes!!!
                Hows that?

:HUGS:

Chin-up – with each season comes a change, and for you it WILL get better!!

bodine6127 wrote:

What if I told you all I am waiting on is a less humid day to be able to clear coat her? :scratch: That’s all I am waiting on! It’s very frustrating…I am getting to the point where I may just clear coat inside. πŸ™„ My mom picked up Glen yesterday afternoon. I plan to get what I need done on here in a few minutes and head downstairs to paint for the day. This weather is wreaking havok on me being able to clear coat…I really am not much for brush on sealers either, but I probably should get some just for this reason. Does Golden make a really good clear coat that brushes on? Anyone know?

bayoudragon
                Participant

Welcome to my world. LOL! I gave up on spray sealers (and right now it’s so freakin’ hot and humid, I can’t even spray PRIME anything…nothing is sticking!! It’s like trying to prime something that’s wet. πŸ™„ ).

Anyway, I use Golden’s brush-on polymer varnish. It has UV protection to give further protection from the sun. I have the gloss, but it also comes in satin and matte.

http://www.goldenpaints.com/technicaldata/polvar.php

Bodine
                  Participant

Whoo-hoo!!*sitting on the shelf fidgeting happily,kicking my feet!* XD Almost done…yay! Thank you WC for all the extra effort you put into all you do and Poems,you always have a nice thing to say to make me smile πŸ˜†
                    I came reluctantly down from the tree and got set back up on a shelf.Me thinks me will just sits here for a while and thinks,me will πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.