fbpx

Wow, Sculpey IS fun! (new silly stuff March 7)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Wow, Sculpey IS fun! (new silly stuff March 7)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

I’m not sure if you could really call this “art” or not, but… πŸ˜† He sure was fun to make!

The other day I was at Hobby Lobby and decided to buy a block–just one block–of Sculpey III to play around with, since so many members here have good things to say about the medium. Said block happened to be orange. And then… this happened! I got started on him that night and had to run back to the store the next morning for more orange, plus a few more colors. I think I might be hooked on this stuff 😳 Went and bought a whole sampler pack with lots of colors and some clay tools in it, even. So more will probably be forthcoming πŸ™„

Oh! Bonus points for whoever can tell me who this little guy is πŸ˜‰ The character is near and dear to my heart, that’s probably why I unconsciously started sculpting him in the first place. And why I didn’t give up and smash his little goggles for being a huge pain in the butt and almost breaking in the oven.

Megan
      Participant

Maebnus
        Participant

Yay, it’s Daxter! Looks good πŸ˜€

Megan
          Participant

Yep, it’s Daxter! Maebnus gets the bonus points πŸ˜‰

Stephanie
            Participant

Cute! πŸ˜€

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Nice job, Megani! It looks just like Daxter! All it’s missing are the extra-wide teeth! πŸ˜† Are you going to make Jak to go with him? Nice Jak? Angry Jak? Dark Jak? Look how fast I’m spending your money! πŸ™„ πŸ˜† He looks great! I can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

Megan
                Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Are you going to make Jak to go with him? Nice Jak? Angry Jak? Dark Jak?

… ottsel Jak? 😯 πŸ˜†

Thanks for the compliments!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

I don’t know the character, but that guy looks great!

The only thing I ever did in sculty was my nativity scene characters…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jodi
                    Participant

That’s great. I recognized him right away. That’s actually a game we own and I play sometimes.

Maria
                      Participant

I don’t know the character, but he sure turned out looking good.

Purplecat
                        Participant

that is really cool. πŸ˜€ I’m actually playing that game for the first time now. πŸ˜€ Daxter is hilarious.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

YAY it’s Daxter!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Megan
                            Participant

purplecat wrote:

that is really cool. πŸ˜€ I’m actually playing that game for the first time now. πŸ˜€ Daxter is hilarious.

Isn’t he the greatest? I used to watch my brothers play those games for hours just to hear the funny stuff Daxter would say when you died πŸ™„

“Uh… you did that on purpose, right?” πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                              Participant

hehe…yep! I’ve died several times myself, a couple of them on purpose. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Megan
                                Participant

Someone needs to confiscate my sculpey clay.

I made these for a friend of mine who liked the little Daxter I made. These are magnets! I bought a roll of flat magnets from Hobby Lobby and used superglue to put them on the back of the sculpey after it was baked. These little guys are each a couple inches long and wide, so they’re not a bad size. They were also really fun to make (even though Jak looks very weird).

This is supposed to be L from the anime Death Note. He was kind of a joke for another friend of mine who likes the character — so I added cat ears and a tail to him and made him a little piece of cake and a fork. He’s having a picnic! He also looks suspiciously like a fishing lure… Since it was a joke, I spent about five minutes on this one — he was actually finished while said friend was in the shower and left me alone to my own devices.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.