fbpx

WOW

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

WindstoneCollector wrote:

And…*makes shooting noise*…She’s gone! 😆

Ha!

Nina
    Participant

hmmm maybe I will list mine. she’s peacock mint with box but no tag (I don’t think she ever had one) If I list it on e-bay I’ll let everyone know. unless someone wants to make a high offer here 😀 ? I can post pics I do really like this dragon but I would rather have a few more LP or even the coiled dragon for what that one sold for.

I got mine, well Whippet’s now, when they first came out. They still weren’t attaching the hang tags then tho. So no, it shouldn’t have a hang tag if it’s an older mother coiled. 😀

Sometimes I wonder about bidders…especially the new way of not revealing names a lot of people are doing. Granted we know why Windstone is doing that…but I’ve never seen that done before with other Windstone auctions and it makes me a little suspicious, especially seeing the rates some of the auctions are going for.

SPark
      Participant

Bet anything they’re shill bidding. That article over in the community topic that’s mentioned shill bidding suggests that although legally e-bay has to condemn shill bidding, practically speaking they may actually be subtly trying to encourage it, because the higher things sell for, the more money is in e-bay’s cut!

Well, if no one bids on the thing set that way then no one makes money… 😉 😉

I’ve never heard the term shill bidding…where is the topic?

I can only imagine one way to really catch a shill bidder…and that is if they win an item from someone and the auction said the seller only had one of that item…and then that same items gets reposted again if the shill bidder bid an amount too high and nobody overbid it. But even then that’s no way of telling and I’m sure Ebay can’t really track things like that. But that’s the only other reason I can see people hiding bidder names.

SPark
        Participant

There are probably other reasons, I mean Windstone has done it because of the competition issue on Nam’s PYO’s, after all.

But yeah, it’s very suspicious. Ebay used to catch most shill bidders because alert buyers noticed the same people bidding on one seller, but never winning auctions, or other such signs, and reported them. But on large auctions, now that ebay hides all bidders, well… you can’t do that anymore now can you?

lamortefille
          Participant

They are also hiding results on the “search by bidder” function, so you can’t see what people have recently bid on and/or won. There is no way to know if any of those zero feedback people are legit until it’s too late. In the meantime, they drive up prices. High prices are fine if they win and pay.

eBay does what suits eBay best, no matter what they say. They want to make eBay idiot-proof to “protect” people. They usually end up protecting their pocketbook. This said, I am still a power buyer (haha) on eBay. People just need to educate themselves on the pitfalls of buying and selling on their site.

lamortefille
            Participant
              Jodi
              Participant

lamortefille wrote:

They are also hiding results on the “search by bidder” function, so you can’t see what people have recently bid on and/or won. There is no way to know if any of those zero feedback people are legit until it’s too late.

Just to remind you the seller of the item can see all the names and still check out their feedback.

lamortefille
                Participant

emerald212 wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

They are also hiding results on the “search by bidder” function, so you can’t see what people have recently bid on and/or won. There is no way to know if any of those zero feedback people are legit until it’s too late.

Just to remind you the seller of the item can see all the names and still check out their feedback.

True. But as a buyer, I don’t know if the person I am bidding against is bidding high because they really want the item or if they are just driving up the price for the seller (or just for the heck of it).

Jodi
                  Participant

That’s true. Hmm… I guess you just have to bid the highest you’ll go and no more. Ebay should crack down on them if they are shilling, but it’s hard to catch that stuff.

I had a case where one time, not on a windstone item, there were two bidders fighting it out. Lets just call them bidder 1 and 2. Bidder 1 jacked the price up while Bidder 2 kept the pace. Only Bidder 2 wanted the product however, and was only bidding because they knew Bidder 2 REALLY wanted it…and thus bid out of spite. It was a little bit of a mess in the end because I got complaints from Bidder 2 who thought that it was me myself bidding up the auction! She he didn’t want to pay. Hiw own investigation turned out that Bidder 1 was his enemy or ex or some such who only knew that he was going to bid on my artwork and signed on to EBAY to “make him pay”. Bidder 2 was still angry that he had to pay me so much for the item when he won even though he found out it wasn’t me jacking the price after all, and wanted me to give him a discount because he felt that nobody else (since it was just he and his ex) wanted the artwork anyway! Long story short he finally bought the item but it’s things like that that have always made me very nervous with bidders rated with 0 feedback.

Starbreeze
                    Participant

What a nasty situation!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.