fbpx

WOW!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community WOW!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Flying with a full sized goat was impressive. I really thought he would just fall with it, and eat it on the ground, but he really flew! That really brings it home to you just how powerful these birds are, as predators and fliers.

Kyrin

Purplecat
    Participant

Oh wow….. 😯 😯 😯

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Kyrin wrote:

Flying with a full sized goat was impressive. I really thought he would just fall with it, and eat it on the ground, but he really flew! That really brings it home to you just how powerful these birds are, as predators and fliers.

Kyrin

That’s the one that surprised me when I first saw it too. I saw him grab hold and start to push off, and I was thinking… ‘No way is he gonna fly with that’. But he did, very impressive!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Heather
        Participant

If memory serves me, a golden eagle with that much white on the wings is a younger bird. They’re more likely to try for risky prey, like a fox. Although the fox is definitely having a bad moment in that photo, the eagle is in more trouble than it realizes, because the fox can still turn and bite. And a bite from a carnivore like a fox would go sour in a major way on a bird . . . especially since the fox was probably chewing on that old carcass that we can see in the photo. +.+

Quite a photo! 😯

Azurielle
          Participant

I know that foxes are predators, and invasive…but I still feel sorry for him…his face looks like he’s thinking” what the…?” 🙁

Keeper of the Fledgings

darjeb
            Participant

Poor fox I hope he got away

Maria
              Participant

That’s a great photo. I’m saving it to my hard drive.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.