fbpx

workspaces

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Is that my little dragon sitting there on the table? πŸ˜†

Jennifer
      Keymaster

LadyBrooklyn- I just noticed you have the PVC gargoyles… Oh man!! If you ever part with Brooklyn please let me know!! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

At least you have a nice window to look out of. πŸ˜€

Jennifer
        Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Is that my little dragon sitting there on the table? πŸ˜†

The brown one? That’s one I work on in my ‘free’ time. He came to me full of air bubbles (since I tend to get the first ones out of the mold, sometimes I get ones with defects) and as such we can’t sell him on eBay (strict quality control and all that!) so I’m painting him for my fiance. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Skigod377
          Participant

Awwww how sweet! He looks cute. I am gonna do a brown and gold one next.

Lokie
            Participant

Ah Nambroth, seeing your workspace makes me want to get some plants for my table πŸ™‚
              They’d be cactuses of course, anything else usually dies on me, but then would be plants all the same πŸ˜€

frozendragon
              Participant

Lokie wrote:

Ah Nambroth, seeing your workspace makes me want to get some plants for my table πŸ™‚
                They’d be cactuses of course, anything else usually dies on me, but then would be plants all the same πŸ˜€

Hmm…I’d end up running into the cactus somehow….and stabbing the crap out of my hand and not being able to paint forever…

Maria
                Participant

Prettz workspace, Nam, complete with natural lighting.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Prettz workspace, Nam, complete with natural lighting.

Thanks! It’s the only way I can work with paint (natural light). They make nice desk lamps but all I have is an overhead fixture so daylight it is for me! πŸ™‚

Maria
                    Participant

Daylight gives the best color anyway. Unfortunately I only have east and north windows so I can-t use much natural lighting on my work.

ladybrooklyn
                      Participant

Nambroth wrote:

LadyBrooklyn- I just noticed you have the PVC gargoyles… Oh man!! If you ever part with Brooklyn please let me know!! πŸ˜†

HA HA! No way man! ^.^

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for another though! you have NO idea what I went through to get him! πŸ˜€ And Hudson! Now…if I could find Broadway…

Goliath has been on ebay every once in a while…

I have Demona too… but I need to make a new tail for her. πŸ˜›

The lot that ended before I snagged mine (the seller had Hudson and Lexington for sale, and I emailed them asking if they had any more… thankfully I got Brooklyn befoer she put him up!!!)… went for over $100! It was a few of them… Brooklyn, Demona, Lexington… and maybe Broadway… and I was outbid.

Seriously… I will keep my eyes peeled for ya though!!! πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

ladybrooklyn wrote:

HA HA! No way man! ^.^

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for another though! you have NO idea what I went through to get him! πŸ˜€ And Hudson! Now…if I could find Broadway…

Goliath has been on ebay every once in a while…

I have Demona too… but I need to make a new tail for her. πŸ˜›

The lot that ended before I snagged mine (the seller had Hudson and Lexington for sale, and I emailed them asking if they had any more… thankfully I got Brooklyn befoer she put him up!!!)… went for over $100! It was a few of them… Brooklyn, Demona, Lexington… and maybe Broadway… and I was outbid.

Seriously… I will keep my eyes peeled for ya though!!! πŸ˜€

Haha!! It was just a thought! XD
                          I check ebay for Gargs stuff now and then, and saw an auction for him some years back when I was DIRT poor and had no way of bidding. That was the only one I ever saw listed and I lamented it ever since! If I ever find Broadway I’ll let you know… I only covet Brooklyn, and maybe Demona. πŸ˜€
                          Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled! I really appreciate it. πŸ™‚

I normally work in the basement these days, in my studio, but the lighting down there is currently crap so I decided to do my PYO on the kitchen table since it was just acrylic and not likely to make too much of a mess. I did do the spray gloss layers in the basement, though heh heh.

Here it is:

I keep my paints in a leather bag i got from a thrift store and my brushes/palette knives/mediums etc in a canvas bag for easy portability. I do have tackleboxes and tool boxes for other art supplies but not for my paint stuff *chuckle*

A few things to point out in that picture. One is the towel that i use as a rag, i picked it as my paint towel a few years ago because it’s so hideous, with it’s purple, blue and chartreuse colours LOL It’s so eye-burningly bad that I actually immortalized it in a painting once LOL

The other thing to point out is the cup i use for water, it came from a chocolate treat container called “Cowboy Crunch” which i thought was too funny to through away πŸ˜†

And on the other side, it’s worth pointing out that my palette is actually on top of my brush holder, it’s just hard to see because i use a piece of acrylic (plexiglass) as a palette, it’s easier to clean LOL And my nice little bambo brushholder that lets my brushes dry nicely ^_^

Hey LB- in your horse collection, far right, second row down- the white/unpainted draft- who is that??

Skigod377
                          Participant

I like the little running foal on the same shelf.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.