fbpx

workspaces

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Hey guys! I’ve got a finished griffin waiting to be photographed, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share my dingy, crowded, messy “studio!” It’s actually our dining room table…but we never ate there anyway, so I stole it. And covered it with paint. LOL! It’s a good thing we live in an appartment and don’t have any furniture worth preserving! The table is a step up for me – I used to do most of my artwork on the bed. ^_^ Or the floor or the couch…I wasn’t too picky.
      I’ve got my own little world here – my ipod for music, the kitchen literally directly to the left, the bathroom about 10 feet away, a TV in sight and my little dog usually at my feet for companionship. ^_^ It’s a good thing she doesn’t mind me alternately singing to myself and cursing at the griffins! My poor fiance usually escapes to the computer room…

Anyway, Where do you guys work and what does it look like??

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

SPark
        Participant

I have a tendancy to paint on the bed. My computer sits next to it, I didn’t have a chair, and still don’t have a proper desk. I’d take a large hardcover sketchbook and stick it on the bed so that whatever I’m working on stays upright, and then just sit there and chat and read stuff and paint. I sew on the bed too. And draw. And pretty much everything. It’s my spot.

Skigod377
          Participant

I work on my dining room table and it is also covered in paint, and I have to clear it off all the time cuz we do have dinner at the table. How inconvinient! πŸ˜› I keep my paint in a box and a plastic bag. Where does everyone store their paint? I like everything neat… they must sell cases made for art supplies, right? I will check Ebay. I am right next to my internet, so I paint, chat w/you guys, paint, chat… Cant see the TV at all though.

The broken plate is my pallate. Nice, hu?

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I have that same book Arlla =)

I just work at my kitchen table, but someday when I have my own place I’m going to have a room for all my painting, tattoo equipment, and cosplaying stuff!!! *sigh* It’s going to be so great! *imagines having my own work space*

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I have my own table that I use. We don’t use a table to eat. We eat on the bed and watch a movie. I am waiting for the battery to charge and I will post pics later.

Tiffany
              Participant

ski, in regards to storing your art supplies………especially painting supplies is are the drawered plastic storage units you would get at walmart, target, even some “high end” dollar stores, etc.i know you have limited access over there to things , but they really work great! they make them small and desk sized with three drawers (say 8 1/2 by 11 size if you were storing paper lets say) i have all my paints organized by: 1 regular colors, 2 metallics, 3 big econo tubes. i have a second unit just for paint brushes and sculpting tools stacked on top of the paint one. works great and keeps everything dust free. spray sealants i keep in one of the big drawered floor ones. at any rate, they are great cuz they are very econo wise 5 to 12 bucks for desk size, clean up easy, etc. at art stores they sell plastic or wooden tool boxes or suitcases to keep your stuff in (some with lots of little compartments), which are made to be portable if thats good for you, but you’ll pay more for those. i’ll have to post a pic of MY workspace, lol! hoo wee, all my junk and started sculptures, lol!

Lokie
                Participant

This is my space right now. It is pretty messy but that is how it looks while I’m working on something and I only clean it up between projects. The newspaper is to protect the walls and desk from renegade paint πŸ™‚ I really need to put paper on the floor too 😳 The workspace is located in a sewing room (not my sewing room πŸ™ ). I don’t listen to music while I work, but there is a little tv in a corner which I listen to if I need noise. I use to work in my bedroom but it was never bright enough and this space has a window as well as an excellent top fixture which provides plenty of light. I’m also “borrowing” several drawers in a dresser in this room which houses all my additional art materials. Those drawers are filled and really, really messy so I’m not going to show them in a photo 😳

frozendragon
                  Participant

I use a TV tray and either sit on my bed or in the recliner…

and just take the paints I’m gonna use out…and use little throw away bowls to mix paint

SPark
                    Participant

Ski – if you want a portable paint storage container, I’d suggest a fishing tackle box. They’re cheaper, which is kinda funny. I saw two of the exact same box once, made by the same company, but one was in the art section, and one was over in sporting goods. The art box was in bright colors, and the fishing tackle box was in olive drab, but they were otherwise exactly the same, and the art box was half again as expensive!

I usually work sitting on the living room floor. The tv is there, and I can listen to tv while I work. Watercolors spread out on the floor, and a big bowl of water. Its comfy enough for me πŸ™‚

Maria
                      Participant

This is my table for everything: painting, reading, the occasional studying, and display for my folding blade collection. Whatever it’s got is the center of attention – right now that’s Xerxes. I work in my room because here I have the laptop at my back and I can listen to whatever I want while I work. The paints are Mom’s; I keep the ones I use a lot in a plastic bag here. The rest are upstairs. I use plastic wrap as a palette – not sophisticated, but it saves me washing up.

Skigod377
                        Participant

Thank you Tf and Spark! I can get tackle boxes here! GB, I really like the look of that griff in your pic.

Starbreeze
                          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Thank you Tf and Spark! I can get tackle boxes here! GB, I really like the look of that griff in your pic.

lol…I was admiring that griffin too! πŸ˜€

Maria
                            Participant

Thanks, ladies! Pics are uploading now. I’ll be posting his royal highness soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.