fbpx

word emergency

Home Forums Miscellany Community word emergency

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Duld
    Participant

Duld
      Participant

I’m graduating next spring from (what comes closest to) a musical college here, and one of the lyrics I am singing contains the word Doodlin’

what does that mean?

Well, doodle can mean “fool” or “simpleton”. It can be taken to mean “to make a fool of”, or it can also mean lazy.

Most of the time at least these days a doodle is a scribble, a quick drawing. Actually I think I’m wrong, hum, a doodle is normally a quick drawing to either help you remember something, or it can be a quick drawing in a book or magazine. Confused yet?

Really, words can take on different meanings in different contects. So without a context it’s really hard to say what something means. Sorry.

Say would the song be Doodlin’ by Ray Charles? In that case it is a quick drawing, or words, or drawing while you are talking. That’s it, that’s what I’m trying to say. πŸ˜† I’m awful today.

“Doodlin’ weird things,
        Usin’ the booth walls”

It’s doodling!

Duld
        Participant

thanks, you’ve got the right one, now i at least know what Im singing about

Romeodanny wrote:

“Doodlin’ weird things,
          Usin’ the booth walls”

Graffiti! πŸ˜€

That too. πŸ˜† But, the rest of the song pertains to doodles. Even if it sounds like he was drawing on the table. πŸ˜†

So, “Yankee Doodle” means yankee simpleton. 😯 Kind of changes the song dosen’t it?

Bob

Dandy!!!
            Sorry couldn’t resist

siberakh1
            Participant

BRoS wrote:

I’m graduating next spring from (what comes closest to) a musical college here

I think the word you are looking for is a “conservatory”

*ex-music education major here*

Purplecat
              Participant

Tintaglia wrote:

Romeodanny wrote:

“Doodlin’ weird things,
                Usin’ the booth walls”

Graffiti! πŸ˜€

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Duld
                Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

BRoS wrote:

I’m graduating next spring from (what comes closest to) a musical college here

I think the word you are looking for is a “conservatory”

*ex-music education major here*

ok a fellow mucician, what’s your piece

siberakh1
                  Participant

BRoS wrote:

ok a fellow musician, what’s your piece

Concentration was voice (mezzo-soprano), but I have also played flute long enough that I could have majored in it easily (if I wanted to drive myself nuts… flute is soooooo competitive! The head flute instructor was also an idiot.). I thought voice was more fun and versatile (and no scales involved πŸ˜† ).

Duld
                    Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

BRoS wrote:

ok a fellow musician, what’s your piece

Concentration was voice (mezzo-soprano), but I have also played flute long enough that I could have majored in it easily (if I wanted to drive myself nuts… flute is soooooo competitive! The head flute instructor was also an idiot.). I thought voice was more fun and versatile (and no scales involved πŸ˜† ).

ok πŸ˜€ you are lucky, I had to learn all the scales ( simmetrical dimminished scale, 1 1/2 and 1/2 1, blues, altered and every last f***ing one of them I am a mezzo soprano with a wide range majoring in jazz, and I once (a long time ago) played the bassoon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.