fbpx

Woe is me trying to find more dealers for my area

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Woe is me trying to find more dealers for my area

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I dunno, I just like telling stories sometimes.

I live in the college town of Columbia, Missouri, and we have an awesome downtown shopping district. I had known of the store Cool Stuff way back even I lived in Jefferson City, Missouri, and when I came back from California to live in Columbia and visited the stores, I was shocked to see desptie all the wonderful candleholders, other sculptures, and all and all fantasy-ish eclectic stuff, there were no Windstones.

So, I tried to fix that and tried to give the address to Windstone. I wasn’t sure if they were too close to another dealer that was in the downtown district, but I decided to give it a shot. Columbia needs more Windstones!

Anyway, I went back a couple weeks ago in the height of Christmas shopping, and lo and behold, they had new dragons- CRAPPY PLASTIC new dragons. They were hideous. I wondered if it was a coincidence or what- did they reject Windstone and decide to go for the cheap stuff? Or is it just my imagination and they were just trying to cash in because of Eragon and there’s a chance they may carry Windstone?

I have no freakin’ clue. But I’m an eternal pessimist and a bit paranoid so I bet you can guess what I felt was the answer. 🙁

Okay, storytime over. XD

Skigod377
    Participant

Awwww…I can commiserate with you. AAFES only carries crap, and when I wrote them about Windstone, they said that fantasy does not sell well enough. What are those crappy butterfly dragons doing in there, then? This is what we get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Land-of-the-Dragons-Ice-Versus-Lake-Battle-K056-Statue_W0QQitemZ330066794115QQihZ014QQcategoryZ86929QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330066794115

I feel ya. No one within 30 miles sells windstones here. But beyond that…actually there are a lot of dealers listed…but not many still carry them. I have one great dealer about 45 mins. away. One okay one about 30 mins away…and one great one about an hour and a half away. Then….nothing for hours of driving. *must make a store carry them….must….

Skigod377
      Participant

AH! I found the ones that are in AAFES right now! These:

http://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/index.html?target=dept_138.html&lang=en-gb

Sorry about the link. The ones I mean are the “Ornate winged dragons.”

Are those plastic, too? Either way, ACKF! XD

Some of the ones had monarch butterfly wings, but they looked to be made of the same stuff most Godzilla figures are made of- a kinda bendy rubber/plastic stuff. XP In fact, I think I may have seen some Godzillas among them…8D

Skigod377
        Participant

No…they are breakable. Ceramic, maybe?

nessiemom
          Participant

Gack! What is with the snoot on the dragon in Ski’s link? Holy cow!!

I knew there was someone else from missouri here! I havn’t been to check out any of the stores on the list of dealers, but there could be some here. Its a longer drive, of course.

I think those Crystal Momentos in Ski’s link are pretty cool looing…

Maria
            Participant

A lot of the wings on the Land of Dragons pieces are so wrong. The fingers just grow into each other. Yech.

Unfortunately, and shockingly, I know a lot of people who don’t know the difference between that stuff and Windstone, and would prefer to have a so-so looking dragon for cheap than an excellent quality dragon for more $. I have gotten a lot of those craptacular things because people know I like dragons. I had to stop telling people because all I got were those things. I try to fix them up with repaints so they aren’t as horrible looking now, but turth be told you can’t really polish a turd.

Skigod377
              Participant

😆 That was funny, Water!

Bob

Watergazer wrote:

Unfortunately, and shockingly, I know a lot of people who don’t know the difference between that stuff and Windstone, and would prefer to have a so-so looking dragon for cheap than an excellent quality dragon for more $. I have gotten a lot of those craptacular things because people know I like dragons. I had to stop telling people because all I got were those things. I try to fix them up with repaints so they aren’t as horrible looking now, but turth be told you can’t really polish a turd.

I almost laughed out loud at work!!
                  I LOVE the TURD comment!! How correct you are!!
                  I do have to say I liked some of the pewter dragons on the link Ski gave but Pewter is a totally different story then Windstones and turds. I have a small pewter fantasy collection also

Maria
                  Participant

Watergazer wrote:

Nice of you to even consider them worth the repaint. I’d just give them to my little brother. He’s way into dragons since my Windstone collection exploded.

Bob

yeah we are recrutting at a young age!!! Way to go!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.