fbpx

With all the interest in the gryphon family

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody With all the interest in the gryphon family

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Have you ever considered a Flion family, you know like in the drawing you did? ๐Ÿ˜‰

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

You know, I was just thinking how cool a black Flion or an Albino Flion would be lastnight!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I would definately be interested in one I could afford ๐Ÿ˜‰

Melody
      Keymaster

ruffian wrote:

Have you ever considered a Flion family, you know like in the drawing you did? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh yes…never got to it though.
        I have painted samples of the Flion in black and one in white. They look awful. I realised that the old molds had shrunk; this causes the castings to come out a little weird and deformed.That, on top of the original having been slightly off, and now I think the whole sculpture really needs re-doing. That project got got put on hold.
        I am trying to find a new way to paint them to issue another special edition, but so far they only look good lion-colored, like the old one. Maybe, with copper wings or something?
        I have another Flion sculpture that I have been working on occasionally. Maybe I’ll finish that one. It is another male though, not a FLioness.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Aww, a Flioness would be pretty, but I wonder how it would sell?? I’d love to see a black Flion with green or blue eyes and raven black wings with peacock or emerald interference. A Flioness would be pretty like that too! Like a black panther! Ooooohhh!

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Aww, a Flioness would be pretty, but I wonder how it would sell?? I’d love to see a black Flion with green or blue eyes and raven black wings with peacock or emerald interference. A Flioness would be pretty like that too! Like a black panther! Ooooohhh!

A Black Fanther? LOL! I do like that idea though. Years ago I bought the gargoyle panther for the reason it was a panther! I would like to see a “real color” one. Maybe with green eyes and green necklace. Interference paint on a panther would be awsome! *starts daydreaming of the possiblities*

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa…me too *also dreaming*

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Arlla
              Participant

Melody wrote:

ruffian wrote:

I have painted samples of the Flion in black and one in white. They look awful. I realised that the old molds had shrunk; this causes the castings to come out a little weird and deformed.That, on top of the original having been slightly off, and now I think the whole sculpture really needs re-doing. That project got got put on hold.
                I am trying to find a new way to paint them to issue another special edition, but so far they only look good lion-colored, like the old one. Maybe, with copper wings or something?
                I have another Flion sculpture that I have been working on occasionally. Maybe I’ll finish that one. It is another male though, not a FLioness.

I would just like to say that what looks awful to YOU doesn’t necessarily look awful to your CUSTOMERS…I think this has come up before… ^_^ Though, I suppose if you’re not happy with it, it would be a sad, sad windstone. Unloved by mommy. ๐Ÿ™
                Is that other male flion the lion kirin?? Or a different one?

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                -J R R Tolkien

Participant

Arlla wrote:

Is that other male flion the lion kirin?? Or a different one?

Now that male Kirin/Flion would be a great piece for the Windstone club!

Melody
                  Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

Melody wrote:

ruffian wrote:

I would just like to say that what looks awful to YOU doesn’t necessarily look awful to your CUSTOMERS…I think this has come up before… ^_^ Though, I suppose if you’re not happy with it, it would be a sad, sad windstone. Unloved by mommy. ๐Ÿ™
                    Is that other male flion the lion kirin?? Or a different one? It is a different one.

so umm are there any scetches of the little flion family, other than the print(which I want one of, but will have to wait until after christmas) and can we see pics of the other colors?

Melody
                    Keymaster

ruffian wrote:

so umm are there any scetches of the little flion family, other than the print(which I want one of, but will have to wait until after christmas) and can we see pics of the other colors?

We are leaving for Oregon today, so no time… but I will post drawings, if I can find any, when I get home after Thanksgiving.
                      I’ll think about posting the colored Flions.I’m not sure I want anyone to see them. The white ones look cute, but have really stupid expressions.

SPark
                      Participant

Yay, Oregon!

*Makes plans to stalk Melody.*

happy thanksgiving to the americans and have a good weekend, see you next week sometime

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.