fbpx

Winter/Holiday gift swap! Who wants to join?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Winter/Holiday gift swap! Who wants to join?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 366 total)
  • Author

EDIT: Crimson has offered to be the organizer for this “event”.
    You could fill out the list below and join in the swap! Let us know how many of you are interested! 🙂

I was wondering, do you guys hold a “Christmas swap” or some kind of gift-giving event here on the forums?? If so how do you get to be a part of it?

dragonmedley
    Participant

We’ve never done that!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Crimson Vision
      Participant

Ooo, I just took part in a Fall swap; it was alot of fun! Would love to be part of one here!

If needed I can organize as well. 😉

Crimson Vision wrote:

Ooo, I just took part in a Fall swap; it was alot of fun! Would love to be part of one here!

If needed I can organize as well. 😉

That would be fantastic! What was the Fall swap like? What were the limits, types of items being exchanged, etc? Windstones can be pricey so I can’t exactly see someone buying emps for their “secret santa” LOL
        But maybe curlies? Griffin chicks, or hatchings? I’m not sure…but I hope we can arrange something, it would be fun!! 😀

Crimson Vision
        Participant

Well the Fall Swap that I participated in was on Livejournal. How it worked was everyone that wanted to be involved filled out a questionaire & sent it back to the organizer. Once she had them all she picked names out of a hat as to who got who and then sent the information sheets to everyone so you could go out and get goodies for the person you got.

The requirements of the swap were you had to spend at least $25 on the person but most people ended up spending a good bit more. You can buy anything you want for your recipient; I think it would be too difficult to do just ‘Windstone specific’ gifts & we all know everyone has other loves too! 🙂

EDIT: Deleted the questions so there wouldn’t be any confusion on which to answer!

Be sure to check out below for info!

I think that list is perfect! If you would like to be the official organizer that would be great…now we’d probably need to make sure we get enough people to participate.
          I’m definitely in! I’ll edit the title and see who we can get involved.
          Thanks much, Crimson!

Crimson Vision
          Participant

I also think the Swap should be called ‘Winter Gift Swap’ (or something like that) instead of Christmas; while I do celebrate it I know not everyone does. 😳

Going to edit the above post (will add some windstone questions!) and make a new one as well with directions & timeline. 🙂

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Moved this to Community (since it’s really more of a community thing) and making it a sticky until after the swap is over. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Crimson Vision
              Participant

Ok! Here is the info on the swap!

What it is: If you enlist, your name gets thrown into a hat. You will receive the name of one person, and someone else will receive your name. Your goal is to put together a small care package for that person. Letters, candles, incense, chocolate, bath goodies, foodie goods, craft-store finds, etc. Something nice to brighten his or her day. You might even get a new friend out of the deal.

Timeline:
                November 2nd, 2009 — Sign-ups open
                November 9th, 2009 — Sign-ups close
                November 11th, 2009 — Swapper notifications
                November 25th, 2009 — The last day to notify me of a back-up need
                December 9th, 2009 — Last Day to put packages in the mail

General Guidelines:
                — All US domestic packages MUST have shipping confirmation/a tracking number.
                — It is suggested you include at least 3 items in your package if you are geting smaller gifts; if you wish to send one large item that is fine too.
                — General price range will be $25 – $35 total spent on gift items, though if you’d like to invest more, that’s fine. And $25 is not a mandatory minimum that you have to spend– if you’re good at crafts or you have a knack for finding thrift store treasures, that’s cool, too.
                — Please, please, do not ask to participate if you are unsure about your ability to follow through on your end. Yes, there are generous people who have and will throw together back-up packages so that no one gets left out. No, that does not mean that it’s okay to flake. Please note: November 25th is the absolute last date to tell me that you need to bow out.

Got it?

To participate, please fill out this questionnaire and send it to Traci at CrimsonVision dot net (please make sure to type out my email the correct way rather than just copying and pasting; trying to avoid spammers!), with the subject line “Windstone Forum Gift Swap”

Windstone Forum Name:
                Full Name:
                Email Address:
                Mailing Address:

Pets:
                Spiritual orientation (or godless heathen?):
                Favorite Holiday:

Favorite Windstone sculpt:
                Favorite Windstone coloring:
                Favorite Windstone line: (Dragons, Unicorns, Griffins…)
                Favorite animal (in general):
                Do you have a Windstone ‘Wishlist’? If so, what is it?:

Hair type:
                Skin Type:
                Allergies:
                Other things to avoid:
                Favorite bath/beauty products:
                Do you have a bathtub and/or do you like to take baths?:
                Favorite bath/beauty stores, online or otherwise:

Scents/notes/types of smells that you prefer:
                Scents/notes/types of smells that you don’t like:

Do you burn candles/incense?:
                Do you have a wax tart burner?:
                If not, would you want one?:

Clothing Style:
                T-shirt size and preference (standard, babydoll, tank, cami, etc):
                Favorite online stores:
                Favorite stores in general:

Favorite colors:
                Style/home decoration style:
                Things you collect (aside from Windstones):
                Favorite music:
                Least favorite music:
                Vegetarian/Vegan?:
                Other food restrictions:
                Favorite foods/drinks/snacks:

Favorite authors/genres:
                Least favorite authors/genres:
                Books/authors you’d like to read, but haven’t yet:
                Who is your favorite literary character? Why?

Jewelry – gold-tone or silver-tone? Do you have any allergies to metal?
                Pierced ears, stretched ears, neither?
                Ring/wrist/collar size:
                Favorite gemstones:

Magazines you subscribe to:
                Magazines you like, but don’t subscribe to:

Favorite movies:
                Favorite TV show:

Hobbies/crafts done:
                Wish lists (amazon.com, etc):
                Organizations/Causes/Activities (Things you belong to or causes you believe in):

What things do you like to do to relax?

Is there anything else your swapper should know?

* If there are questions you don’t feel comfortable answering, feel free to omit them.

I will assign swappers/swappees and mail you your recipient’s questionnaire. I will also keep a list of swappers/swapees, so if someone doesn’t send their package, I’ll know, and will find some way to compensate.

Everybody, have fun!

Whoo hoo! I will be filling this out for you sometime tonight, Crimson!
                Thanks, you’re the best for helping me with this ^_^

(And thanks Jennifer for putting this up as a sticky!)

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Oh this is SOO cool! I’m totaly in, just have to fill out that questionare >.< may take me a day or so LoL

But ummmm

What’s this?? : wax tart burner

Thank you so much for putting this together Crimson and Dragons4Life!

Crimson Vision
                  Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

What’s this?? : wax tart burner

A wax tart burner is sort of like an oil burner or regular potpourri that you use to make your house smell nice. Instead of oil though you put one of the little ‘tarts’ in the burner, it melts and them makes everything smell great!

Here is a link to a page that sells them so you can see what some look like: http://www.countrylightcandle.com/tartburners.html

dragonmedley
                    Participant

I’ll just pipe up to say that 1 week is kinda short for a sign-up… but I think I’m in!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Crimson Vision
                      Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

I’ll just pipe up to say that 1 week is kinda short for a sign-up… but I think I’m in!

It is a bit short but that is usually the amount of time given for the past swaps I’ve participated in & it seemed to work well. Usually most people will check their forums at least once a week. Also, I want to give people as much time as possible to put together their gifts and get them out for delivery before the holidays; since the final shipping day isn’t until the 9th & mail is usually alot slower that time of year we would be cutting it a bit close for the holidays as it is.

If someone sees this a little late I will do my best to find them a swap partner but I can’t promise anything!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 366 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.