fbpx

Winged Wolf on page….. 5? I can't remember

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Winged Wolf on page….. 5? I can't remember

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

I’m working on this kirin.

It’s like the “Ghost kirin” that I did for the swap. I guess I’d just like some suggestions. Darken, or lighten the mane, same with the tail. I don’t like the face. Should I add more silver? So on. It’s rough, very rough. I really need to clean it up. I’ll probably try to sell this one when it’s done. I promise better pictures as well. The only picture that I have is this one so far. πŸ˜†

Adaneth
    Participant

I like what I see, but the face seems too plain to me. Maybe a darker nose/muzzle or ears? πŸ˜•

Good luck! πŸ˜€

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Adaneth wrote:

I like what I see, but the face seems too plain to me. Maybe a darker nose/muzzle or ears? πŸ˜•

I agree on the ear. Have you thought about maybe a silver line from the top of the nose to the horn?

Andrea
        Participant

On mine, I liked the bald face you gave him. I’d give him some color on his ceeks. I love how the tail on this one is.
          Great job!

dragonmedley
          Participant

I would lighten the mane and tail, simply to give more contrast with the scales.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Nice kirin.

Is that one of those touch lamps next to it? If it is I think I used to have one exactly like it. Had to get rid of it though. It stopped working after a power surge due to lightning.

I think it used to be a touch lamp. I think my parents re-wired it.

Thank you for the tips. I need to photograph the other side. The other side has a lighter mane.

This was the kirin I was working on while I was waiting for my swap piece. The horn on this one is bent to the side. I might try to straighten it. I’m afraid of breaking the horn off altogether though.

The swap one was done with alot of interference and silver. This kirin is done mostly with black and white. My Mom loves this one (I think she loved the swap just alittle more) so maybe I’ll give it to her. But, she also views these things as evil and satanic. πŸ™„ So selling will probably be better in the end. lol

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Evil and satanic? I haven’t heard that kind of language about dragons and such in some time.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Evil and satanic? I haven’t heard that kind of language about dragons and such in some time.

I actually had my mother ask me recently ask me when I was going to grow up and let the fantasy critters go. πŸ™„ I’m nearly 30 (birthday’s in June), a wife and mother, and she asks me when I’m going to grow up.

frozendragon
                  Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

around here you here that kind of stuff of just about anything…but then again there’s always someone at Barnes and Noble or Hastings…

“counseling someone” ….religiously

and some of the things they say are so nuts it’s just disgusting…

although Amarillo does have more churches than convenience stores…

Jodi
                    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I actually had my mother ask me recently ask me when I was going to grow up and let the fantasy critters go. πŸ™„ I’m nearly 30 (birthday’s in June), a wife and mother, and she asks me when I’m going to grow up.

I hate that people think that fantasy and even science fiction is just for kids. I’ve read plenty of fantasy books that are decidedly NOT for kids. People should find out about something before they make a judgement like that. Grr! πŸ‘Ώ

frozendragon
                      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

should have said…never…

Yah, my Mom would be at home in the “Bible Belt” for sure, but, I’m quite used to it. I hid my Windstones for years when she would come over. (Ever try to hide an Emperor? πŸ˜† ) I don’t hide them anymore.

Well, not better pictures but, more pictures…

dragonmedley
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I hate that people think that fantasy and even science fiction is just for kids. I’ve read plenty of fantasy books that are decidedly NOT for kids. People should find out about something before they make a judgement like that. Grr! πŸ‘Ώ

I agree. Another thing that’s “for kids” are… comic books! Yeah, I’ll give the Sandman or Preacher to read to my daughter… As if!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.