fbpx

Windstones in the Houston area?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstones in the Houston area?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Just wondering if any of you are from the Houston area. Where do you go for your Windstones?

The Ashley Avery, I used to go to closed down, and I went to another one across town and they only had one piece, a male unicorn, and no dragons! The girl was really busy so I didn’t press her on it. But, I thought that it was really strange they only had one piece there, because the one that I went to before it went out of business had a whole side wall of dragons. There are also some that I went to but they didn’t carry dragons, just the gargoyles and bookends.

I know there is a dealer’s section on this website, but I was wondering which is a good (cheaper & plenty of dragons) place to go to. I’d appreciate it if someone clues me in ๐Ÿ˜€

For my area, I used the Dealers List and checked all the websites that had links, googled the stores that didn’t have websites and made phone calls, to find out what the stores had on hand.

I find it more interesting to do the research myself and discover what treasures I might stumble upon. I’ve found several pieces in retired colors and met some interesting shop owners. Some shops that are on the list, aren’t actively carrying the Windstones, but have offered to do special orders if I want something.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

DROGO wrote:

Just wondering if any of you are from the Houston area. Where do you go for your Windstones?

The Ashley Avery, I used to go to closed down, and I went to another one across town and they only had one piece, a male unicorn, and no dragons! The girl was really busy so I didn’t press her on it. But, I thought that it was really strange they only had one piece there, because the one that I went to before it went out of business had a whole side wall of dragons. There are also some that I went to but they didn’t carry dragons, just the gargoyles and bookends.

I know there is a dealer’s section on this website, but I was wondering which is a good (cheaper & plenty of dragons) place to go to. I’d appreciate it if someone clues me in ๐Ÿ˜€

There used to be a gift shop in the Baybrook mall down in Clear Lake/Webster (Link) that had the full line, but that was 4 years ago, so you might want to call and check before you drive all that way.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Thanks Nam, I will look them up, maybe drive down there this weekend.

I know I can look at the dealer’s page and call around, but I kinda want to know if what the local “favorite” spot is…you know the kind that the store owners or workers are into Windstones also and will talk to you about them, instead of getting your money and rushing you off.

There was a small fantasy gift shop near where we live, about 5 or 6 years ago, and after work my wife and I would go there, drool over the pieces, and chat with the owner, until she closed. We never bought Windstones from her but we bought a ton of other stuff. We went out of town for about half a year or so, and when we came back she was gone. But it was cool that she was into what she sells and knows alot about them…

Jennifer
      Keymaster

DROGO wrote:

Thanks Nam, I will look them up, maybe drive down there this weekend.

I know I can look at the dealer’s page and call around, but I kinda want to know if what the local “favorite” spot is…you know the kind that the store owners or workers are into Windstones also and will talk to you about them, instead of getting your money and rushing you off.

That’s why I liked the store in the Baybrook mall. They really liked the Windstones they sold and always talked to me about them. ๐Ÿ™‚ I used to live in Houston.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Bob

DROGO wrote:

I know it’s NOT Houston but Mist Harbor in located in Vegas and I have worked with Denise many times in the past so you can try them and they ship very fast. Usually it only takes then like 1 or 2 days to get things from the factory

Copper83
          Participant

Not sure if it’s near you, but there’s Astral Castle in Midland, Texas. Dave is on the Forum, also.

Maria
            Participant

This is Austin, but Pam of Gifts a la Mode is a great lady to do business with. She’s very informed on Windstones, and if she doesn’t have something she’ll be happy to order it for you.
              When I was in Houston, there wasn’t really anything around. Wolfen and I did a little advertising, so hopefully that’ll change…

Midland is FAR from Houston..like 10 hours, but I go to Austin alot, and next time I’m there I’ll check out Gifts a la Mode. Thanks guys…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.