fbpx

Windstone Story?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Story?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Stephanie
      Participant

I’m not sure if this is even in the right area…feel free to move it if needed. 🙂

So, I love to write, and my Windstones have inspired me. For the last week or so I’ve had a story idea kicking around in my brain, and this morning I started working on it. Then it occurred to me that writing about Windstones might be copyright infringement. So before I continue with this story I wanted to ask advice. Can I write it for myself without it being infringement? Do I need to get permission from Windstone if I ever try to publish? (I’m assuming that’s a given.) Would Windstone consider giving me permission, if they liked the story?
        So many questions. 🙂 I can change the dragon figurines in the story to some generic brand, but that wouldn’t be as exciting, or give credit to what really inspired me.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Jennifer
        Keymaster

This is a John question. I am fairly certain that publishing anything (publishing includes putting it anywhere public, such as the internet) Windstone related, without written permission, is an infringement- but I’m not 100% sure about the written medium.

Email John: john@windstoneeditions.com

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Stephanie
          Participant

Jennifer wrote:

This is a John question. I am fairly certain that publishing anything (publishing includes putting it anywhere public, such as the internet) Windstone related, without written permission, is an infringement- but I’m not 100% sure about the written medium.

Email John: john@windstoneeditions.com

Alright, thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.