fbpx

Windstone ebay email scammer warning!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone ebay email scammer warning!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

I wanted to chime in here. Do not ever respond to an email from ebay, unless it’s in your messages box on ebay. My account got hacked into and they said it was most likely I responded to some email I got that looked totally legit. Don’t log in from an email either….Same goes for paypal, even if they use your name in the email, dont trust it!

keschete
    Participant

Hey, look at what someone sent me…I have some beanie babies for sale. Scam here too!

Email:

Hi, my best friend’s wife is gonna have a baby in a few days and I would like to make a present for them.
      I want it to be something special. For example your baby stuff packed in a gift wrap with a card inside. I believe you have a good taste!
      Also I want to send $900 via Western Union to them as an additional part of my present.
      The only problem is I want to make them surprised and don’t want them to know that the present is from me.
      I am looking for a seller who could help me with that. I will pay for your item, packaging, express shipping and WU fees of course. They live in Russia, not in the USA.
      Please let me know if you could help me with that! I want you to ship everything to them directly and to send the money present via Western Union either.
      I could even pay you for a trouble let’s say $200 – please understand it’s very important for me!
      Good luck! Happy trading on ebay! I hope to hear from you soon!

Jodi
      Participant

Make sure you don’t respond to them, Keschete. Forward that message to spoof@ebay.com.

keschete
        Participant

I sent it to spoof@ebay.com and I just downloaded the Ebay toolbar thing with the security guard…

That’s creepy!!!!

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

I just had a winning bidder of mine recieve a spoof e-mail. I put up a gameboy SP and the buyer won the item. Shortly after she got an e-mail stating like Dan’s did that she had “won by default” She contacted me like WTF??? Didn’t I win it? We got it straightened out and she reported it, but it was kind of scary that my selling auction got targeted like that….

Maria
            Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ That’s really scary. I’m glad I’m hearing about all this before it happens to me…
              Of course, that one about $900 is pretty blatantly stupid.

keschete
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ฏ That’s really scary. I’m glad I’m hearing about all this before it happens to me…

I read that….and just shook my head. How stupid does this person think I am? Of course people fall for that Nigeria money scam all the time…

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!!!!

I have been bidding a bunch lately and have a bunch of beanies up for sale…so I am hoping that I don’t get hit….

I’ve been getting one of the spoofs on just about every Windstone I bid on. Fortunately, the engrish is SOO bad that it’s easy to spot them as bogus. Unfortunately, reporting them to ebay just produces a generic warning that it’s a scam. It would be nice if they could do something about these guys.

Ya people do the WU scams with puppies too, so sad.

Maria
                Participant

keschete wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I read that….and just shook my head. How stupid does this person think I am? Of course people fall for that Nigeria money scam all the time…

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!!!!

Yep. Of course it doesn’t cost the scammer anything to try.

keschete
                  Participant

ruffian wrote:

Ya people do the WU scams with puppies too, so sad.

I watched the Peta video and had to shut it off. And to know people use puppies for these scams too…..

Well, I believe in my heart that there is a special place in hell (or some other kind of eternal torture) for people who do harm to animals.

I have 24 animals in my home currently and all but 5 or so are rescues. Makes me sick!!!!

Deep Breath……and snuggle with the 5 week old kitty on my shoulder…. ๐Ÿ™‚

keschete wrote:

I have 24 animals in my home currently and all but 5 or so are rescues.

wow. how do you take care of them all? do they all get along?

Maria
                    Participant

Good questions, gryphon. You must have a lot of patience, keschete. Way to go. ๐Ÿ˜‰

tc_cat333
                      Participant

I don’t think I have ever gotten one of those scam emails.. good to know they are out there though..

I have had one when the buyer clicked on one of my auctions and it was simular to keschetes. They wanted me to send it to them and then they would send it to someone else. They were going to pay me extra. I reported them and got them kicked off of ebay.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.