fbpx

Windstone ebay email scammer warning!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone ebay email scammer warning!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    DantheDragon
    Participant

I know a lot of people are wary, though I know someone’s husband here was a victim of one of these. I just got an email from cornvas@hotmail.com regarding a Flion I’m bidding on (that is days from complete). They made some ridiculous claim that, “I’ve just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that due to some reasons the eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default.”

The email looks totally real, and I’m sure they get a lot of people, which really pisses me off. Does anyone know how I report this person? Please watch out for anyone from this email address!

DantheDragon
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

Forward it to Spoof@ebay.com I get them all the time lately ๐Ÿ˜• Sorry about the hubby getting scammed.

DantheDragon
          Participant

Thanks ski!

Skigod377
            Participant

DantheDragon wrote:

Thanks ski!

you’re very welcome. I hope they get these guys.

Maebnus
              Participant

DantheDragon wrote:

The email looks totally real, and I’m sure they get a lot of people, which really pisses me off. Does anyone know how I report this person? Please watch out for anyone from this email address!

Forward it to spoof@ebay.com. At least yours had some lame@$$ reason and it’s still an active auction, so it stands out as fake. I fell for one awhile back on somebody’s PYO that I had been outbid on… excitement drowns logic at times…. *sigh*

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I got one on the Moon Griffin three days ago, where someone jacked someone else’s eBay user ID, and it looked totally legit. They said they wanted to know if there was a way to buy the griffin outright.
                  I knew something was wrong though, since I wasn’t the one to list the griffin. Windstone was! Only the person listing an auction can get an eBay notice like that. OOPS! ๐Ÿ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

I got one on the Moon Griffin three days ago, where someone jacked someone else’s eBay user ID, and it looked totally legit. They said they wanted to know if there was a way to buy the griffin outright.
                  I knew something was wrong though, since I wasn’t the one to list the griffin. Windstone was! Only the person listing an auction can get an eBay notice like that. OOPS! ๐Ÿ˜†

NO! The horror! Someone tried to scam the Moon Griffin! *goes to lie down and recover* The scum!

That is terrible. It looks like they are still trying to scam people.

Purplecat
                  Participant

Looks like they’ve zeroed on windstones for this scamming business. I hope they get busted! I’m just ticked they got away with it on the white dragon we wanted. ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

They’ll go after any sort of high dollar item. Since Windstones fit into this category….

The world is full of dishonest people. The internet just makes it easier for them to scam people. ๐Ÿ™

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

DantheDragon
                      Participant

UGH, I just got ANOTHER one. Geez.

DantheDragon
                        Participant

Judging from the replies I get from spoof, it seems they are mostly just confirming that it’s indeed a fake. I wonder if they take any action, like blocking the email address? I guess there isn’t much they can do :-/

pipsxlch
                          Participant

I’m resurrecting this to let folks know it’s still going on. I won a mother coiled recently, and it turns out I beat another forum member (sorry!). A few days later, the other member contacted me, saying they’d received a second chance offer from the seller, who was refusing me as a security risk (WTF?!? and the payment had gone through!). They contacted the seller, who never responded. I got worried and also tried to contact the seller, who didn’t respond to me either. Fortunately, the dragon arrived safe and sound a couple days ago despite a piss-poor packing job, and the other forum member didn’t fall for it.

I’ve bought other (non-Windstone) things safely via second chance before, so I guess if you get one, make sure it’s in ‘My Messages’ on your eBay page, contact the seller first via eBay, and send the email to that spoof@ebay.com site if it’s a scammer.

Maria
                            Participant

Whew! Glad you got the dragon okay, Pip!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.