fbpx

Windstone eBay AUCTIONS – March 7, pg 25 NEW THREAD

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone eBay AUCTIONS – March 7, pg 25 NEW THREAD

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 385 total)
  • Author
    Syn
    Participant

I personally liked the Blue in the wings. To me it looks bland. It all looks the same. The wings just blend into the rest of the body. I also like the blue eyes better. I might be the minority on this one πŸ™‚

kitsunelady
      Participant

Griffinlover wrote:

I personally liked the Blue in the wings. To me it looks bland. It all looks the same. The wings just blend into the rest of the body. I also like the blue eyes better. I might be the minority on this one πŸ™‚

I agree. e.e

yolanda
        Participant

I wasnt a big fan of the sand but i will DEFINATELY say the blue wings & eyes did look alot better. Im for black ice all the way! πŸ˜€ squeek*

Jennifer
          Keymaster

I like them both! But I prefer them both with the metallic blue eyes.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Kujacker
            Participant

This might be off topic, but for those of you saying the new sand is bland… I hope you hate the white colored dragons! πŸ˜€ Aren’t the whites one of the most popular production colors? BORING AS ALL HELL. But for some reason, everyone loves them like none other (I don’t). Compared to white, the new (blueless) sand is full of excitement lol.

*This message has nothing to do with defending the sand color. Just a thought that came to mind. And watch me get railed on because everyone loves the white coloration.

Allison
              Participant

I really do like the Sand colour (preferably with the brown underwings rather than teal), but then I’m a sucker for more natural colourations. My most favourite Windstone ever was Jennifer’s Auburn Forest Old Warrior, which granted had more colour to it than the Sand dragons do, but I loved the browns on it much like I love the Sand browns.

Syn
                Participant

Kujacker wrote:

This might be off topic, but for those of you saying the new sand is bland… I hope you hate the white colored dragons! πŸ˜€ Aren’t the whites one of the most popular production colors? BORING AS ALL HELL. But for some reason, everyone loves them like none other (I don’t). Compared to white, the new (blueless) sand is full of excitement lol.

*This message has nothing to do with defending the sand color. Just a thought that came to mind. And watch me get railed on because everyone loves the white coloration.

I am one who does not particularly like the white dragons, because they are so boring. And I do not care for Sand for the same reason. πŸ˜› I like brighter and/or contrasting patterns and colors on fantasy figures; I would like the Sand on a horse but not on a unicorn, dragon, etc.

I like my White Hatching Emperor and Empress, but mine have a lot of gold shading. My only other White is a Fledgling that I dislike because he is just so white. πŸ™

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

I’m a rainbow/autumn leafy person. The more color, the better! BUT….I really liked the Sand YOUNG dragon. I’m not a fan of the male sculpt, so to see a color tested on it doesn’t give me a good example of the color scheme. I have to see it on another sculpt to go wild about it. πŸ™‚

Purplecat
                    Participant

For me…I like the more natural color shades that have antiquing, such as the sand (not to mention my fave color combo is blue and brown)…because it brings out the beautiful sculpting work, rather than searing my eyeballs with “OMG….um…rainbow!” which is all I can see when I look at the rainbow dragons…I cant stand them for that reason, I feel the color combo is so violent it overwhelms the sculpting work. They make my eyeballs hurt. I also didnt like the amethyst dragons…they were just way tooo purple…all I could see was this overwhelming purple!

I actually didnt like the whites either…I felt they were so pale the sculpting lines also disappeared on them. It can be a horribly hard thing to find color combinations that not only bring out the sculpting detail, but look good…and also sell well!

Plus windstone usually tries to put a color combo on all dragon sculpts in production…which is also a pain in the butt I’m sure!!!! A color that might reeeaaally suit a dragon in a sitting pose (the male for example) may not suit a curled lower profile dragon such as the mother. Imagine how hard it must be to market anything to such a mixed bag of customers!!!! Half of us squeak for eyepopping colors while the other half want something more neutral and natural toned!

My favorite color combos of all time have been..

Peacock (particularly the older version with darker blue and more natural green shades)
                      browns
                      old greens
                      silver (I had a lap that had darker shading and it really made that sculpt pop…sadly I had to sell her. though I also ran into a couple of silvers that were a tad monotoned)
                      Autumn leaf (the original version first done on the secret keeper…omg…loved that color)
                      Sand (with the tan inner wing, but I agree with Jen…he needs blue eyes for contrast)
                      Spring Green color by Olympia (I swear I drooled over every sculpt I saw that on…I’d have just died if I’d been able to get one..they were gorgeous)
                      Labradorite color by Jennifer Miller aka Nambroth (subtle coloring with elegant detail…a beautiful blend of execution and color choice)

Syn
                      Participant

My favorite color combos of all time have been..

Labradorite color by Jennifer Miller aka Nambroth (subtle coloring with elegant detail…a beautiful blend of execution and color choice)

I love Labradorite! I would give up almost any piece I have for that Griffin or Lap. πŸ˜€

Wampus Dragon
                        Participant

My favorite colors/patterns so far have been:

Dark Ruby, the cranberry color
                          Twilight or Ocean
                          Tiger
                          Silver
                          Graphite
                          The darker jade emerald
                          Jade Silver
                          Black Emerald/Grackle
                          Blackwatch (seriously, one of every single windstone dragon mold should be painted like him)

The graphite or silver may be the most neutral colors I’ve liked. Otherwise I go for vibrant, deep colors and chaotic patterns. And almost anything paired with black.

Azurielle
                          Participant

I liked the blue winged sand better. That being said, I thought white is the most boring color of all!
                            I love the louder colors! Rainbow and Autumn Leaf are my favorites. And anything Siamese or Tiger! πŸ˜€

Keeper of the Fledgings

LuvsDragons
                            Participant

I like the brighter colors. Rainbow, Autumn Leaf, the black/green combo (Grackle), etc. I do find the white needs a bit more contrast. πŸ˜€

Wampus Dragon
                              Participant

The Jujubee flapcat went for a bit higher than I thought it would… Thats a lot for a small flap kitty.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 385 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.