fbpx

will you do a repaint for me?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody will you do a repaint for me?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lori
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been a member now for about a year. I bought an Emp Dragon. His chest is missing some paint. I was wondering if you could do a repaint on him.,ill pay for everything. Please let me know. And a surprise paint would be great. Thanks Lori

Syn
      Participant

Sent you the name of someone who recently did one for me.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Some members may do it for you, but Melody certainly won’t. She doesn’t take commissions of any sort.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Christine
          Participant

Do you mean a complete repaint, or a repair of the damaged paint?

Complete repaints (where you change the original paint of the dragon to look like a completely different scheme) are actually a bit of a legal issue for Windstone Editions and gently discouraged. It’s a sensitive topic.

The good news is, if your Emperor just has some damage on his chest, there are people on this forum who are just masterful at repairs! They can make your dragon look brand new. 🙂

Melody
            Keymaster

I generally don’t do restorations, simply because I have no time, not because I wouldn’t like to do it for people.
              There are several fabulous Windstone restorers on this forum ( sounds like you have already been given contact info for a few) and the damage you are talking about sounds relatively easy to fix.
              Yeah, repainting things is a touchy subject. We try to persuade people not to do that but we can’t say you can’t; it is your dragon. If you do ever repaint a Windstone, it would be very helpful to us and future collectors to mark the bottom “repaint”, so we know where it came from.
              We are sometimes asked to authenticate pieces and it is almost impossible to tell ( from a photo, anyway) if they are really rare unsigned test pieces, or simply repaints.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.