fbpx

Will you be watching the Total Solar Eclipse?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Will you be watching the Total Solar Eclipse?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

Thank you everyone for the photos and what you saw; it was overcast where I live and I didn’t see anything alas

Mary
      Participant

Nice photos!

I usually have lots of birds feeding in my backyard, but did notice that right before totality, there wasn’t a bird to be seen anywhere.  Also, the cicadas stopped.  Didn’t notice anything unusual with my cats as they were sleeping as they usually do.

Interesting that the next solar eclipse path will intersect with many of the prime viewing spots for this year’s eclipse

X Marks the Spot: Two Total Solar Eclipses in Seven Years

Susie
        Keymaster

Interesting about the cicadas!  It did seem extra quiet for a couple of minutes – except for when people started whooping and hollering!  (I’m told some groups shouted “Again!  Again!”)

etruscan
          Participant

I was in Carbondale, Illinois.  My daughter and her kids now live in the house where I grew up, so it was easy for me and my sister and my son and his boys to go visit.  Part of the town had cloud cover for most or all of totality and part was clear.  We were lucky – clouds off and on for the beginning of the eclipse but they cleared about two minutes before totality and then stayed clear.

Totality for this eclipse was about two minutes.  Totality for the 2024 eclipse is supposed to be about four minutes.  The eclipse in 2045 (I think) is supposed to have totality for six minutes!  I have no idea why or how the duration changes, but maybe someone can explain it.

GardenNinja
            Participant

The explanation is simple: PFM*

*Pure Magic. A standard abbreviation at the chemical plant I work at. Doesn’t that comfort you?

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

etruscan
              Participant

Oh, of course.  Thanks. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.