fbpx

wildlife center babies new pics pg (me in a suit)2!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community wildlife center babies new pics pg (me in a suit)2!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Photos taken same day as the otter pics.
      Some of the resident birds:

Guenivier(spelling??)

BOB the Kestral! He is a social talker.

Soul(Soool) and his handler Jim. He has some cool stories about this bird. Jim waited and soul happened to turn at the right moment for me to get the photo.

keschete
      Participant

That White Tailed Kite is something. Most people don’t realize that Raptors are as smart as parrots and if you keep them and they imprint on humans, then they can end up like a captive parrot. It is so sad, because of the imprinting, some raptors like the White Tailed Kite, might NEVER be releasable.

Hopefully, you can rehab him! If not he can be used as an educational bird, but sadly, there are far too many raptors that end up as educational birds. If you find a bird, do not touch it, call wildlife and fisheries or a rehab center immediately. They will give you instructions.

Someone brought me a baby dove a few days ago…..I told them to go and put it back where they found it!

Great reahb center photos and great work you are doing!!!!

Grayfire_artz
        Participant

keschete wrote:

That White Tailed Kite is something. Most people don’t realize that Raptors are as smart as parrots and if you keep them and they imprint on humans, then they can end up like a captive parrot. It is so sad, because of the imprinting, some raptors like the White Tailed Kite, might NEVER be releasable.

Hopefully, you can rehab him! If not he can be used as an educational bird, but sadly, there are far too many raptors that end up as educational birds. If you find a bird, do not touch it, call wildlife and fisheries or a rehab center immediately. They will give you instructions.

Someone brought me a baby dove a few days ago…..I told them to go and put it back where they found it!

Great reahb center photos and great work you are doing!!!!

thank you!!
          sadly a lot of people don’t understand a thing about wild birds of wild animals in general. they think that they are helping them or they have the idea that if they raise the animal and have a cool pet.

the guy who brought in the kite have been feeding it chicks for the 2 month he had the poor thing….

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

Merciful heavens, grayfire, is that a gigantic baby binky around your neck? They use pacifiers for otters? 😆

HAHAA YEAH that’s a pacifier!!
            the fundraiser was being called a the baby animal show so i though it was appropriate.

Maria
            Participant

What great photos. It must be fun to work there.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.