fbpx

Wiki-Pedia

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Wiki-Pedia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Hiya Ms.Melody,I was wondering if you would like a Wiki-Pedia page?

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Melody
      Keymaster

We’ve been scratching our heads about how to do that.
        It isn’t so easy. Wikipedia won’t let a business promote itself, so we would have needed some outside reference (or whatever they call it) to be considered.
        To be on there you need some pop culture significance, that is recorded somewhere, so it can be added as a “site” ( I think in this case “site” means cross-reference to back up any facts..)
        People who publish stuff like books and cartoons have it easy , but a sculpture manufacturing business hasn’t got the same “paper trail”.

Kelly
        Participant

What about on a fantasy level? I’m almost positive your art and sculpts have a major inspiration on pop culture of this genre. Just look at the repro’s and knock-off’s that people are trying to capitalize on. Not to mention, wasn’t there a post about the Smithsonian accepting donations of art to represent the fantasy genre? Your pieces qualify as art. I know you sell pyo’s. It gives people an outlet for expressing the fantasy aspect. Combine all these factors together, with your company’s longevity tossed in. Offer to donate a few of your nicer pieces to the Smithsonian, contact Wiki about your plans, and the combination of all the above should get you a Wiki “invite”. Dont forget to invite the Wiki crew to view your site. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachel
          Participant

You’re too modest, Melody. Of course your art has an impact culturally. As mentioned above, there’s a plethora of knockoffs. You have a pretty large fan following (us!), too. Plus, haven’t others posted links to screen captures in movies/TV series showing your stuff?

Hannah
            Participant

You’re too modest, Melody. Of course your art has an impact culturally. As mentioned above, there’s a plethora of knockoffs. You have a pretty large fan following (us!), too. Plus, haven’t others posted links to screen captures in movies/TV series showing your stuff?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer!! There were a few different things in that one ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Melody
              Keymaster

What about on a fantasy level? I’m almost positive your art and sculpts have a major inspiration on pop culture of this genre. Just look at the repro’s and knock-off’s that people are trying to capitalize on. Not to mention, wasn’t there a post about the Smithsonian accepting donations of art to represent the fantasy genre? Your pieces qualify as art. I know you sell pyo’s. It gives people an outlet for expressing the fantasy aspect. Combine all these factors together, with your company’s longevity tossed in. Offer to donate a few of your nicer pieces to the Smithsonian, contact Wiki about your plans, and the combination of all the above should get you a Wiki “invite”. Dont forget to invite the Wiki crew to view your site. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think you need something like independently produced articles, or to be included in some independent publication, or something. I don’t really know , but I know you can’t just write something about your own company.

Melody
                Keymaster

Buffy the Vampire Slayer!! There were a few different things in that one ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh yes that is one reference! If you go to one of the the Buffy the vampire fan sites there is a credit given for the Windstones used in it.( I think somebody on the forum posted that on there, but it still counts! )

Rachel
                  Participant

Pegasi wrote the comment about a Buffy episode. It can be found here:
                    http://www.tv.com/shows/buffy-the-vampire-slayer/real-me-1921/

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

I think you need something like independently produced articles, or to be included in some independent publication, or something. I don’t really know , but I know you can’t just write something about your own company.

I had one of those desk calanders that had a different picture every day-they were all of cats, and in one of the pages, it had one of the large gargoyle cats-does that count? ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.