fbpx

Who likes the Spectral eyes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Who likes the Spectral eyes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

I’m just curious, since from the “Baby Spectral” thread I can see some people really hate the eyes while other – myself included – think they’re better than the usual eyes. So I wonder what the proportions on the like/don’t like are.
      I wasn’t going to add the wishy-washy middle option, but for those who can’t make their minds… 😉

Maria
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

I like em. After we talked about them, I gazed into my Ruby risers eyes and fell in love all over again. They really are cool. The eyes and the wings make the spectral what he is.

Maria
          Participant

Yeah, that’s another thing I like about the Spectral: His big wing area. That’s really the only thing that bugs me about Melody’s dragons: the wings would never carry the beast. They’re too small and they’d have to attach to the body all the way to the back legs to give the critter enough lift to get off the ground. The Spectral is better in that regard, but he wouldn’t fly either.

Participant

They are not my favorite (personally), but I think they look nice. I can see why many members like them, they’re just not for me.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I’ve never seen a spectral in person as I haven’t been to a store that carries Windstones in a long time. From the photos though I would have to say no, but that could change if I ever saw one in person. So I’m not going to vote until I see one ‘live’.

Skigod377
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Yeah, that’s another thing I like about the Spectral: His big wing area. That’s really the only thing that bugs me about Melody’s dragons: the wings would never carry the beast. They’re too small and they’d have to attach to the body all the way to the back legs to give the critter enough lift to get off the ground. The Spectral is better in that regard, but he wouldn’t fly either.

The wings are the part of the spectral I kinda dont dig. I like the regular wings better.

I love the eyes. That is the “spectral” part. But the wings being unfolded is also a part I like. Most of the others are folded or partially folded. I understand the arguement of flying tho. But they would be almost all wings if they were all about flight! 😯

Bob

In real life they would have to have huge wings to get their weight off the ground

DantheDragon
                    Participant

Things without pupils just freak me out x_X

DantheDragon wrote:

Things without pupils just freak me out x_X

haha, that is the reason I don’t like them.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

This is true, but it’d be impossible to sculpt wings much larger or spread in different ways without having a lot of breakage. I know Melody would prefer not to have her sculptures so ‘squished’ (and give them ‘normal’ legs!) but she works with the material she’s given. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

SPark
                        Participant

I like the notion of unfolded wings, but I think the limitations of the medium have resulted in something a bit… odd. They’re straight! They’re ruler-straight and FLAT! The folded-up wings have more curves to them, which I think looks more natural.

And I love the eyes, they’re creepy and weird, and I’m all about creepy and weird.

skigod377 wrote:

The wings are the part of the spectral I kinda dont dig. I like the regular wings better.

Same here. The Spectral is the -only- dragon I own, and I always think I’d like it more if it had wings like the scratching dragons’.

Starbreeze
                          Participant

The spectrals are unique. If Melody’s creations were all the same, wouldn’t we get tired of them eventually???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.