fbpx

White Unicorns Retired?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody White Unicorns Retired?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nicole
    Participant

Nicole
      Participant

I keep hearing people speculating about the white unicorns being retired. Is that a possibility or is it undecided or is that just people talking nonesence πŸ˜› ? Thanks! πŸ™‚

bayoudragon
        Participant

Yes, I would also like to know. πŸ™‚

Mmloda
          Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Yes, I would also like to know. πŸ™‚

Ditto, as I am missing one of them and if in fact they are retired and will not be back up in the online store, I should get on top of trying to get the last one I am missing… πŸ™‚ I have been waiting for the online store to restock them so that I could get him… πŸ˜•

Marzena

Nicole
            Participant

Same here I am only missing the grand unicorn and i definitly want to add him to the herd πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I haven’t seen/heard anything about the White Unicorns retiring.

I do wish that the horsey sculpts would come out in more colors though. squeek*

purpledragonclaw
                Participant

I haven’t heard anything either. Where did everyone hear this?

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

That’s what I want to know.

Nicole
                    Participant

Well I’ve seen multiple ebay listings claiming that they are possibly going to be retired or that they already are retired. So i’m just curious as to what Melody has to say about these rumors.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

A lot of folks on ebay will say that because they don’t know any better. They see the listing for the other truly retired pieces and presume their pieces are as well. If they did a little research they would find out the truth. They also think that by putting “retired” in the auction will net them more money.

Nicole
                        Participant

That is true. I realize some sellers will play the retired card to make more money on the auction. I am still curious though. How long do production colors normally run? I would love to see some new unicorn and pegasus colors also squeek* squeek* squeek*

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Well the longest running production color for dragons was peacock. According to Astral Castle’s notes (and Windstone’s) it started in 1989 and was retired in 2006.

I think the white unicorn color has probably been around nearly as long (Astral Castle has the white unicorns issued before 1997 but they aren’t sure when). I remember seeing white unicorns in a flyer I used to have from the late 80’s/early 90’s. The black unicorns were available from 1991 to 2000. The white pegasus family started around the same time (1991) but lasted until 2004 (except for the hatching pegasus which is still in production).

Melody
                            Keymaster

NicoleH wrote:

I keep hearing people speculating about the white unicorns being retired. Is that a possibility or is it undecided or is that just people talking nonesence πŸ˜› ? Thanks! πŸ™‚

We may retire them eventually, but no plans to do so now.

Mmloda
                              Participant

Thank you melody…. πŸ™‚ So that means that they will be restocked in the inline store one of these days… πŸ˜‰
                                YAY…. so I can just wait for the online store to be restocked and I can still get the Grand Uni from there…. πŸ˜‰

Marzena

purpledragonclaw
                                Participant

I like the Grand Unicorn; it’s the only one of the line I’ve considered purchasing. Maybe when some new colors come out I’ll add one to my collection!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.