fbpx

White Scratcher and White Lap

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone White Scratcher and White Lap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant
      Jodi
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

She’s got a whole bunch of new stuff, including a PYO – which for once she isn’t overcharging on. Hm, how much too high is $150 for the Oriental?

Participant

This thread should probably be under the Flea Market.

Anyhoo, those are the two I had purchased and then returned. I noticed that they hadn’t changed the item descriptions. The lap is really nice, but has a slight cracking in the paint along the side scales. It doesn’t look like anything the owners did, just something that happened in the paint. You can only notice it from certain angles. It bothered me, but I’m over picky anyway.

The scratcher is very nice, but they didn’t update the item description. The felt bottom is not what I would consider mint. It has a couple of stains on it. (Ask for a pic if you’re unsure). There is also a paint rub on the nose and the talon on the front foot that is resting on the tail.

I was overly picky on these, but for other collectors they might be very happy with them. Just make sure to ask a lot of questions. BT is great at communication and they are wonderful about returns. I had no complaints as a buyer.

I don’t think you were overly picky — if a piece is advertised as mint, it should be. I’m kind of surprised that they didn’t make a note in the auction listings of the things that you mentioned, especially since you had returned the pieces because of those flaws… ๐Ÿ˜•

Neither of them say they are mint. And the scratcher has something about a mark. Maybe she just forgot to add the felt on the lap dragon.

Well, the description for the lap says: “This Dragon is new with tags. There are NO chips or marks of any kind.” I would take that to mean that it was in mint condition.

SilverArrow said that the scratcher is the one with the stained felt pad, and also had paint rubs on the nose and the front foot. While its true that the listing doesn’t say “mint”, it does give the impression that the “tiny rub on the back” is the only flaw.

I could understand it if the seller had simply missed the flaws the first time around, but I think they should’ve updated the listings if someone had specifically pointed out those flaws and returned the pieces because of them. Just my opinion… ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, sorry…I read Silver’s description wrong. I am a little out of it today. I do think that she should of updated it, but we all know now to ask.

Yeah, its good that SilverArrow highlighted that in case anyone on the forum is thinking about those pieces. I know that I’m also very particular when it comes to flaws…and I seem to recall littleironhorse mentioning that she is too…

Participant

For all intent and purposes, I would probably say the lap is mint. The slight (very light) cracking in the paint cannot be seen when viewing the peice in full light head on. I only noticed it when I looked at it from the side and the light was off-axis from the piece. Also, it is only on a few of the side scales (not all of them).

I guess I look at my Windstones like a jewler looks at precious stones (from all angles in different light – barring a maginifying glass). ๐Ÿ˜†

I know exactly what you mean…he he he…

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

*sigh* white oriental dragon…I want one like THAT

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I contacted her and she said that she updated the one with the felt problem. I not sure if she did the other one.

Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

I contacted her and she said that she updated the one with the felt problem. I not sure if she did the other one.

Yep, you’re right. It is updated for the pad. Must have missed that. ๐Ÿ˜•

Maria
                  Participant

Is bt asking the same prices as what you paid for them, Silver?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.