fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    rock-reader
    Participant

I hope you complained to Dominoes! That’s a real bummer when you’ve been craving something! 🙁

“Holey Hell, Amanda!” What a horrid weekend indeed! I am so sorry you had to deal with all of that. If that was my mom, I think I would just about disown her! How heartless can a human being be? I seriously doubt that she has any feelings at all!

At least, you do not have to worry about car troubles for a while, but still…Damn! Is there any way you can disconnect from her? Now that she is moved in to her new place, she should not have any more need for your … Help.

Sometimes you just need to walk away, or in this case…RUN!!! Geezums. I hope the remainder of this year is a bit more peaceful, and pleasant…at least ‘normal’, as it can best be defined.

*Sending you virtual hugs*

pipsxlch
      Participant

Well I got out of the hospital last night. Friday the company said we’d be having to pass a physical on Tuesday, and I knew there’d be no way I could pass one. I was gasping just walking 20 feet out to the truck. So on Saturday my husband took me to the emergency room. Turns out I had pulmonary emboli; yep got my mom’s Factor V Leiden. I had the surgeon freaked out; he kept calling them massive and huge. Wish I could have seen the pics, those are words to make you curious. Also I have congenital atrial and ventricular septal defects, the clots were moving through the heart through those. My left leg had ‘huge’ (again) clots and my left subclavian artery was occluded from the aorta to the shoulder. Apparently the combination of heart defects and clots is one to be written up. They called Shands Hospital/ University of Florida in Gainesville from the ER and wanted to send me there, but it’s 3+ hours away and they thought I couldn’t make it. Psshw felt worse Tuesday, though maybe that’s because that oxygen mask was sheer heaven. Anyhow they flew a surgical team down from Gainesville and had me getting rotorooted less than 3 hours after I got there. I was in surgery for 4 hours. They didn’t put me under because they needed to monitor my neurological state- they were afraid of one of the pieces of clot breaking off and giving me a stroke. I think they forgot though, the one surgeon kept saying ‘Well she hasn’t died yet’. The nurse kept on stroking my forehead and asking if I was there lol. They cleaned what they dared out of my heart and pulmonary vessels; they didn’t dare mess with the subclavian. Lower down they installed a vena cava filter and left me hooked up to a device that emitted ultrasound waves to work with the super anticoagulants to break up the clots in my leg. That stayed in for 24 hours. I stayed in the cardiovascular ICU for 4 days. I had a transesophageal echocardiogram (that numbing agent for your throat is GROSS) and another cardiac catheterization and was moved to the medsurg floor. The cardiologist is a nervous sort- I’ve had these defects my whole life and they’ve never stopped me, but he’s wanting to send me to Shands in 3 weeks for more tests and consultations and he’s talking surgery to repair the defects. We’ll see. The hospital staff was great until the end- the last nurse was a condescending you’re stupid sort and literally booted me out the door when I was discharged- rushed through the discharge paper and pointed me out the room door. I walked myself to the elevator and out the door. I don’t know if it had anything to do with my being low income uninsured; they knew that from the start and it was never a problem until now that I’m out. I will have to be on anticoagulants the rest of my life- got the same hematologist as my mom hah. Not sure what, Walgreens has a deal where they’ll give you a few days worth on discharge and my mom has some Coumadin she’s not taking anymore she gave me. That drug I may be able to swing anyhow, it’s old and cheap (warfarin, same stuff as rat poison). The lovenox is $700/month so that’ll happen when pigs fly. I go to the hematologist on Monday; the cardiologist’s office said they won’t allow me to come because of my low status but his PA got on the line when she heard the office manager say my name and said that he INSISTED on seeing me ASAP and that I couldn’t even see any of the other associates, so we’ll see about that too. Oh well if I don’t see him I don’t have to worry about Shands, that’s one less bill. I really don’t know what I’m going to do about those, with emergency surgery and doctors from Shands and 4 days in the CVICU I figure I’ve burned through the entire Federal Reserve and Canada’s also. My state is quite insistent that as a working age adult I qualify for no assistance. I had quit my old job since I was fixing to go out of state for the new one- which would have given me insurance if I hadn’t been so stupid to get sick NOW. Now I don’t know if I’ll even have that job, or be able to drive a big rig at all. I still don’t feel well enough to work but I guess I’ll start looking at the stores hiring Christmas help as soon as I feel like I can walk across the yard. There have been better weeks but I’m still here.

rock-reader
        Participant

WOW! You are a lucky sonofagun that you made it through all that! Have you been paying into SSDI you whole working life? You may well qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance – check it out. And take care of yourself!!!!

Laurie
          Participant

Mandy darlin, Have you ever considered writing for a living? Shitty day, but … OMG… reading it now was the best folly/satire/comedy I’ve read in a long time. Sorry huh, but I did laugh out loud at some of this.
            Ok, Advice… stay away from mom, you don’t want my opinion of her. But… you do have a great color car now. 😉

Skylover
            Participant

Well I got out of the hospital last night. Friday the company said we’d be having to pass a physical on Tuesday, and I knew there’d be no way I could pass one. I was gasping just walking 20 feet out to the truck. So on Saturday my husband took me to the emergency room. Turns out I had pulmonary emboli; yep got my mom’s Factor V Leiden. I had the surgeon freaked out; he kept calling them massive and huge. Wish I could have seen the pics, those are words to make you curious. Also I have congenital atrial and ventricular septal defects, the clots were moving through the heart through those. My left leg had ‘huge’ (again) clots and my left subclavian artery was occluded from the aorta to the shoulder. Apparently the combination of heart defects and clots is one to be written up. They called Shands Hospital/ University of Florida in Gainesville from the ER and wanted to send me there, but it’s 3+ hours away and they thought I couldn’t make it. Psshw felt worse Tuesday, though maybe that’s because that oxygen mask was sheer heaven. Anyhow they flew a surgical team down from Gainesville and had me getting rotorooted less than 3 hours after I got there. I was in surgery for 4 hours. They didn’t put me under because they needed to monitor my neurological state- they were afraid of one of the pieces of clot breaking off and giving me a stroke. I think they forgot though, the one surgeon kept saying ‘Well she hasn’t died yet’. The nurse kept on stroking my forehead and asking if I was there lol. They cleaned what they dared out of my heart and pulmonary vessels; they didn’t dare mess with the subclavian. Lower down they installed a vena cava filter and left me hooked up to a device that emitted ultrasound waves to work with the super anticoagulants to break up the clots in my leg. That stayed in for 24 hours. I stayed in the cardiovascular ICU for 4 days. I had a transesophageal echocardiogram (that numbing agent for your throat is GROSS) and another cardiac catheterization and was moved to the medsurg floor. The cardiologist is a nervous sort- I’ve had these defects my whole life and they’ve never stopped me, but he’s wanting to send me to Shands in 3 weeks for more tests and consultations and he’s talking surgery to repair the defects. We’ll see. The hospital staff was great until the end- the last nurse was a condescending you’re stupid sort and literally booted me out the door when I was discharged- rushed through the discharge paper and pointed me out the room door. I walked myself to the elevator and out the door. I don’t know if it had anything to do with my being low income uninsured; they knew that from the start and it was never a problem until now that I’m out. I will have to be on anticoagulants the rest of my life- got the same hematologist as my mom hah. Not sure what, Walgreens has a deal where they’ll give you a few days worth on discharge and my mom has some Coumadin she’s not taking anymore she gave me. That drug I may be able to swing anyhow, it’s old and cheap (warfarin, same stuff as rat poison). The lovenox is $700/month so that’ll happen when pigs fly. I go to the hematologist on Monday; the cardiologist’s office said they won’t allow me to come because of my low status but his PA got on the line when she heard the office manager say my name and said that he INSISTED on seeing me ASAP and that I couldn’t even see any of the other associates, so we’ll see about that too. Oh well if I don’t see him I don’t have to worry about Shands, that’s one less bill. I really don’t know what I’m going to do about those, with emergency surgery and doctors from Shands and 4 days in the CVICU I figure I’ve burned through the entire Federal Reserve and Canada’s also. My state is quite insistent that as a working age adult I qualify for no assistance. I had quit my old job since I was fixing to go out of state for the new one- which would have given me insurance if I hadn’t been so stupid to get sick NOW. Now I don’t know if I’ll even have that job, or be able to drive a big rig at all. I still don’t feel well enough to work but I guess I’ll start looking at the stores hiring Christmas help as soon as I feel like I can walk across the yard. There have been better weeks but I’m still here.

Wow. I’m so sorry you had to go through all of this, but I am relieved to hear you are alive. This is so similar to what my mother went through a few years ago. Please make sure to talk to the hematologist about what you need to do to manage this. Also, don’t blame yourself for getting “sick”. There’s really nothing your could have done about it. It’s genetic, and it’s hard to tell what exactly suddenly triggers your blood to start clotting like this. Like you, I inherited genetic clotting factors from my mother, and I basically live with the fear that one day, for no discernible reason, this will happen to me, and that I may or may not survive it when it does. I’ve talked to a few medical professionals about it, and they told me a few things that might help (daily asprin, B-complex vitamins, no long car or plane rides, etc), but there’s not much evidence to prove whether or not it will do anything in the end.

Laurie
              Participant

you are one lucky person.
                I live about 20 miles south of Shands.
                One of the BEST hospitals around. They will work with you, and you may qualify for Medicaid as well.
                Do see the doctor, and do go to Shands. If you’re lonely, let me know, I’ll come bring you a burger. 😉

email is 2Huberts@prodigy.net

Prezaurian
                Participant

Oh man. I’m sorry you had to go through all of that. But glad that you’re still with us. Isn’t there ANY kind of assistance you can get in your state? And as was said earlier, it’s NOT your fault you became ill. Certainly didn’t go out and do something stupid to get yourself hurt!

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Thanks for the well wishes guys, it really means a lot to me. More than I can say. *hugs*
                    Skylover, I really can’t tell you what might have triggered this. It’s my first episode. I didn’t notice anything till the shortness of breath a few weeks ago; didn’t suspect this until my arm turned purple and cold. (and for what it’s worth, the aspirin seems to be a good idea- the surgical team told my husband the massive doses of aspirin I started myself on probably saved me) I don’t know your age, but I’m 46 which is quite young for this- with multiple factors, you could start young too. Guess I have to be homozygous for the Leiden or have something else going on as well like you do. At least being young gives you lots of strength. A possible trigger may have been the cigarette smoke at my BILs, though I’ve always been around secondhand smoke so that seems weird, maybe be careful around smokers or if you smoke.
                    Prezaurian, my state does NOT like to help- I’ve played the devil just trying to get occasional insurance from them for my daughter. There’s a group nearby that coordinates programs for the large homeless/indigent population in this area; I’m thinking of going to them to see if they can point me in the right direction(s) for help. At least they know how to play the game, and apparently that’s what it takes. And I’ve worked for 30 years now, so maybe could get temporary disability with a lawyer’s help if there are pro bono ones. (I know a truly disabled guy who is denied help- but he’s too disabled to pursue a lawyer or anything so his dad just supports him, though I don’t think he even ever worked a year) And the job hasn’t flat out said the won’t hire me now, so I can hope!
                    Laurie, thanks for the offer! If I end up going to Shands I just may contact you. Gainesville is just a place I’ve driven by on 75, so I’d love to know what’s to eat there!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Thanks Dreamingtree and Laurie <3 Yea... thank goodnesss that's over with now.

We got an actual eviction date for October 1st for the property now. The really eerie thing is that Oct 1st is exactly 27 years to the day of my father's passing the property he toiled his entire life to obtain for his family to "always have a place to live no matter what" will be offically gone. If it wasn't a paid off property I don't think it would hurt so bad. I understand people go through hard times and things get remortgaged, but this was not the case. My sister and I maintained the property for 20 years before my mother came back from her 15 year all paid vacation she got with my fathers life insurance money. That's when my sister and I got booted out and had to buy our own home somewhere else, which is where we are now and have been ever since. In not even half the time we had the property she managed to get it taken away from the city and run it into the ground...

Anyway... greener pastures are ahead of me I hope! Now with this off my shoulders I'm really "free" and have no hang ups at all to this location. I want to move, like... far FAR away. Still wanting to move to the West Coast ^_^ That's the next plan hopefully.

SO.. with that... I have a new whine....

Brand new car... brand new scratch! Right down to the metal too >_< I think it got keyed. *sigh*

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Thanks Dreamingtree and Laurie <3 Yea... thank goodnesss that's over with now.

We got an actual eviction date for October 1st for the property now. The really eerie thing is that Oct 1st is exactly 27 years to the day of my father's passing the property he toiled his entire life to obtain for his family to "always have a place to live no matter what" will be offically gone. If it wasn't a paid off property I don't think it would hurt so bad. I understand people go through hard times and things get remortgaged, but this was not the case. My sister and I maintained the property for 20 years before my mother came back from her 15 year all paid vacation she got with my fathers life insurance money. That's when my sister and I got booted out and had to buy our own home somewhere else, which is where we are now and have been ever since. In not even half the time we had the property she managed to get it taken away from the city and run it into the ground...

Anyway... greener pastures are ahead of me I hope! Now with this off my shoulders I'm really "free" and have no hang ups at all to this location. I want to move, like... far FAR away. Still wanting to move to the West Coast ^_^ That's the next plan hopefully.

SO.. with that... I have a new whine....

Brand new car... brand new scratch! Right down to the metal too >_< I think it got keyed. *sigh*

aww best wishes to all of ya. my pizza and headaches is nothin to what you guys got. prayers to all of ya, and pip, i hope you heal up real fast.

The only whine i have now asside of my massive headache and fever is that stupid bonner county emc service. My insurance denied one of thier sevices saying that they did not document it and could not charge me for an unprovided service, so they forward it to me right? So now that it is all straightened out after a year between insurnace and them, i get a letter today saying it is so over due that i have 10 days to pay it or they are forwarding to a collection service who will trash my flawless credit. oi boy, i don’t know. and that there is all that stupid stuff with my mother. -_- Nothing as bad you guys are fairin though.

I hope things get alot smoother for ya drag0n and everyone else.

oh and a whine from laundry2011:

During the closing week of the resort she works at they have partyies up there for end of summer blah right?

Well some drunk idiot hit her car in the lower parking lot while she was working. And not once, but twice. And to top it off, they then kicked her car leaving nice muddy foot prints where they hit and sideswipped her car. idiots. they world make too many of them unfortunately..

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

ugh i was walking through my kitchen and everything went blacked out and I fell. been a while for that. ow, but i am OK. just dizzy. stayin in bed now i think..

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Prezaurian
                      Participant

ugh i was walking through my kitchen and everything went blacked out and I fell. been a while for that. ow, but i am OK. just dizzy. stayin in bed now i think..

Well I’m glad you’re okay after that! Please do get some rest!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Saw that one Facebook! get some rest girl <3 *hugs*

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Ear infections, croup, fleas, mono and now what looks like athlete’s foot! I’m tired of minor health related problems (but appreciate the fact that it is minor problems). And that’s just the boys. I think I have carpal tunnel coming on and my husband has been having some chest/stomach issues he needs to get checked as well.

I just want everyone healthy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 1,863 total)
                          • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.